Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2001 5:36:01 AM EDT
I've about had it with all the extended analysis about why group "X" or country "Y" hates us.

The truth is, that I don't give a shit why they hate us.  I bet you don't either.

In America, we pride ourselves on freedom of thought and expression.  You can hate anyone you want, for any reason you can imagine.  That's your right.  You may, however, encounter some "do-gooders" who feel that it's their duty to help you change your mind.  It's America, though, and there's room for them too. I don't give a shit about them either.

Once, however, you cross the line from irrational thought (which is your right) to irrational, dangerous and offensive action, then you've got a problem.  That problem is me, an American. While I am several years (and several pant sizes) past my prime and cannot take a first-person role in it, I will support the current effort to punish those who have attacked us.  Undertanding why they did it is secondary to making sure they don't do it again.

That's all I have to say about that.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 6:17:45 AM EDT
[#1]
You're right, I don't give a damn why they hate us.  And I have a perfect cure for their hate...it's called death.  Theirs.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 6:50:44 AM EDT
[#2]
It is classic, we  have , they do not. We have freedom of religion.....they only want Islam, wehave freedom of choice, their clerics tell them how to live, they micro manage the lives of each person, we have property, food, etc....  thy have not.
It is jealous little children wanting everyones's toys!
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 6:54:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Bin Laden, would have died at birth if it was not for the influx of western oil money. His family would be goat herders, nothing personal, but they didn't build malls, they built for Exxon, Mobil, Shell and other oil companies. What would OPEC be without us?
OK, ranting and raving done.....it felt really good and I got to sneakily up my post count +1
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 7:00:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Remember the Buhddist statues these guys destroyed last Spring?
These guys hate Buhddism.
Who the hell hates Buhddists?
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 7:01:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Bin Laden, would have died at birth if it was not for the influx of western oil money. His family would be goat herders, nothing personal, but they didn't build malls, they built for Exxon, Mobil, Shell and other oil companies. What would OPEC be without us?
OK, ranting and raving done.....it felt really good and I got to sneakily up my post count +1
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 7:04:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Richard Gere, OK, he is a Bhuddist, he has Cindy Crawford and is unhappy.......he feels bad for the Afghan people.....yet they blew up the statues of Bhudda, none of them make sense....boy am I ranting and raving today...it would be funnier if you are here, I am doing accents as I rant and rave...
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 7:06:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
 Undertanding why they did it is secondary to making sure they don't do it again.

View Quote

Fatman -

I agree with everything you say, with one SMALL variation.

IMO, understanding "why" they did it is essential to making sure it doesn't happen again. Without understanding why, we leave a BIG gap for it to happen again.

The reason for this is simple. We should know by now that if someone wants to hurt Americans badly enuf, there is NOTHING we can do to stop it. That is why we argue vehemently against outlawing guns. The gun is only a tool. The problem is the INDIVIDUAL with the twisted motivations.

In order to ensure this never happens again, we must remove the motivation to attack Americans. And this REQUIRES we understand the "why" - whatever twisted "logic" they had that motivated them.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 7:20:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 7:27:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Here is an interactive BBC map that shows "WHO backs who" in the world.

[url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/static/in_depth/world/2001/war_on_terror/backing_the_us/[/url]
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 7:37:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Rest assured we are in the right.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 10:55:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
 Undertanding why they did it is secondary to making sure they don't do it again.

View Quote

Fatman -

IMO, understanding "why" they did it is essential to making sure it doesn't happen again. Without understanding why, we leave a BIG gap for it to happen again.

The reason for this is simple. We should know by now that if someone wants to hurt Americans badly enuf, there is NOTHING we can do to stop it. That is why we argue vehemently against outlawing guns. The gun is only a tool. The problem is the INDIVIDUAL with the twisted motivations.

In order to ensure this never happens again, we must remove the motivation to attack Americans. And this REQUIRES we understand the "why" - whatever twisted "logic" they had that motivated them.
View Quote

Gotta disagree with you GarandMan.  It is difficult, if not impossible, to change a person's beliefs.  The best we can hope to do is change their behavior, hence the attitude that I really don't care why they hate us.

Thanks for the well reasoned response!
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 11:15:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Fatman -

View Quote

Small variation?  By your "small variation" you completely disagreed with the point of his message.  We do NOT need to know why they hate us.  Completely irrelevant.  All we need to do is completely remove the threat to our freedom.  I don't care if osama had his feelings hurt by us 10 years ago, he can go to hell.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 11:25:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Why do they hate us?
View Quote

MTV and MSNBC have been asking that question a lot lately.  The real question they should be asking is:

[size=4][b]WHY DO WE CARE?[/size=4][/b]

"Do what you will,
just don't think I'll ever give a shit about some little podunk ass-pimple of a country critizing my home."
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 11:31:24 AM EDT
[#14]
By all means, destroy the threat.  But if you don't find the root, the weed will grow back.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 12:15:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Why do they hate us?

Because they are miserable and hating someone else makes them feel better. At least it gives them the ability to blame someone else for all their problems.

People keep talking about the haves and havenots. That is bull$#!t. Those countries have enough damn money that everybody could have everything they need. We need to keep blowing the hell outta whoever is in charge till they actually start taking care of their own people. Then they won't resent the rest of the world.

So FatMan, yeah, you're just about right.

Now start eating better so you won't die too soon and leave the liberals with one more vote advantage.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 12:52:15 PM EDT
[#16]
It's simple,

anyone who's been through boot camp can remember the first part of team building.  To have a common enemy/goal.  This whole deal is politics.  Ben Laden wants to be Grand Poobah of Saudi Arabia, and the Saudi Royal family has unwittingly financed thier own demise.  Ben Laden and the rest of the goat loving egomaniacs who have perverted thier religion are making us the bad guy so that folks have someone to blame for the lousy lifestyle most of them have.  Once we pull out they will take over Saudi Arabia & the oil, giving them even greater financing against us & anyone who opposes thier Taliban like regime.  Then it's on through the rest of the Arab world (lord help them when they back Isreal against the wall).

Honestly, I am ready to let them have at each other.  Too many savages who celebrate the death of a child of a different faith as the same as the death of an enemy warrior.  Too many "religious schools" teaching 6-15 yr olds how to become a suicide bomber.

They can blow each other to kingdom come for all I care.  Problem is, now they want to blow up my kids, my friends, my family.  Then they want to have a street party to celebrate.  That's why we invented cluster bombs.

This can't end with Ben Laden.  It won't end with the fall of the Taliban, or Iraq, or Syria, or the Palestinians (please forgive my spelling).  

To be honest, it would be a much more peaceful world today if we had let Hussien take Kuwait & the whole Saudi peninsula.  The only way this terrorist BS stops is with brutal marshal law.

So, either we become the biggest bully in the world & forget the "coalition" of Arab nations who are just waiting to stab us in the back, or we support someone else who wants the job.

Of course just the opinion of one crack pot....
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 2:46:15 PM EDT
[#17]
I will sum up the truth. They are friends with Saddam H. and then they saw Southpark the movie, need I say more.
GG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top