Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2001 6:58:30 PM EDT
Interesting.
I just overheard on the televisionberg in the background that in 2 weeks, NBC will show a movie called "Uprising", depicting the uprisings in the Jewish Ghettos during Nazi rule.

One of the cuts from the program involved smuggling of weapons into the Jewish Ghettos for resistance.

It will be interesting. I rarely watch television, but I think I will watch this one.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:05:38 PM EDT
[#1]
They had a scene about that in the mini-series, "Holocaust".
There is also a movie coming out called "Soribor" about one of the only revolts in a concentration camp.

It was amazing how willingly the Jews were led to slaughter. Some did join partisan bands, but the great majority of them were like sheep.

The Warsaw Ghetto did revolt in 1944, with the Soviets only miles away. Stalin chose to let the Germans finish off the Jews before taking the city.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:19:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The Warsaw Ghetto did revolt in 1944, with the Soviets only miles away. Stalin chose to let the Germans finish off the Jews before taking the city.
View Quote

And yet so many Jews embraced and continue to embrace communism.

Or "Hey you contributed the the attempted extermination of everyone I'm related to....How can I join you?"
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:27:03 PM EDT
[#3]
[img]www.us-israel.org/jsource/images/People/waxman.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:28:43 PM EDT
[#4]
ARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
I wish I hadn't did that.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:34:47 PM EDT
[#5]
[b]WAX MAN!!!! [/b]

That's one spooky dude.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 8:09:58 PM EDT
[#6]
"televisionberg"...now THAT'S FUNNY!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top