Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/16/2001 6:54:09 AM EDT
How do you remove the flash supressor? Lefty loosie, righty tighty? Are any special tools needed or can one use a 3/4" wrench? To reinstall, do you need to use something like threadlocker or just crank it on tight? Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:00:45 AM EDT
hey 7, its been a while, but IIRC, its lefty loosey, no big deal. for the re-install, just crank it back down. the washer will space it properly. but don't switch washers between generations of FSers, they are specific to the model. good luck!
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:03:10 AM EDT
Thanks. I'll try again when I get home tonight. It sure felt super tight and I wanted to verify the correct direction. I need to remove it and install the bi-lock for the Gemtech. [:D]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:04:21 AM EDT
OMG! i love it! when do i get to try it out??? [heavy]
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:43:35 AM EDT
Probably by the next PA shoot? If there ever is another, maybe next spring? I'll (hopefully) also have my supressed 10/22 by then.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 7:53:53 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 7: How do you remove the flash supressor? Lefty loosie, righty tighty? Are any special tools needed or can one use a 3/4" wrench? To reinstall, do you need to use something like threadlocker or just crank it on tight? Thanks.
View Quote
I usually use Loctite when putting them back on. I had one that just kept coming unscrewed while I was shooting. No matter how hard I seemed to wrench it on, it always came loose while shooting. I just figured I ought to put a bit of Loctite on there before I launched the thing downrange. YMMV. If you're putting a bi-lock on, you might be best to give Doc Dater a call and see what he recommends. I've never asked, but my guess is he'll say Loctite it. The bilock isn't going to do much better than a regular screw on if it comes loose where the bilock FH screws on.
Top Top