Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2001 5:21:04 PM EDT
When AntiUSSA and his wife had their close call last month, I know a lot of us told ourselves that we needed to go out and get a CO Detector.  It took me almost 3 weeks to get around to it, but I finally did it.  This is a reminder to all the rest of you who are still putting it off.  Get yours now.

Cool weather is beginning to slide in on us, and we're all firing up whatever heating devices we use for the first time.  Please keep yourselves safe by installing this inexpensive life saving device in your home.  And while you're at it, test those smoke alarms and fire extinguishers.  We need to keep our AR15.com family intact!  [:D]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 5:26:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 5:29:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I got a combo fire/CO model.

Mine blinks green every thirty seconds or so.

Cost $50.00!
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 5:47:48 PM EDT
[#3]
We've got combo fire/CO detectors here as well.  Probably should check batteries though.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 5:48:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 6:51:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have a combo smoke/co upstairs in the hall,smoke detector on the first floor and a smoke detector in the basement. Fire escape plan that my daughter insisted we do and practice. Well I didn't jump off the porch roof and have my wife pass the kids to me but the rest we did. Fire scares the hell out of me.
View Quote

Good for you, and your daughter.  Pat her on the back for me, would ya?  I'm married to a firefighter, so needless to say, fire scares the hell out of me, too....on a daily basis!  You didn't mention any fire extinguishers...do you have any?  You should at least have one in the kitchen.  I witnessed a kitchen fire at a friends house once.  Holy crap, it happened fast!  Best to be prepared.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 7:25:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 7:28:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 7:33:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What's a heating device used for? It was 95 degrees here in the shade again today.

I always swap batteries between Christmas and New Years each year.
View Quote

Ha ha...lucky you!  I used to live in SoCal.  I miss the weather, but I love it here in NM.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 8:17:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Good for you gal! We don't want to lose ya! We need all the pro gun women we can get, esp. ones that like ar15's![:D]

BTW, my apartment complex just installed CO detectors for us, so I'm good to go.[:)]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 8:57:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Paul, here in New Mexico it's cold at night, and we need heat, the upside is that the aspens are bright yellow the high mountain tops are covered with snow...the elk are bugling, and the brown trout are biting better at this time of year
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 9:27:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 9:37:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's a heating device used for? It was 95 degrees here in the shade again today.

I always swap batteries between Christmas and New Years each year.
View Quote

Ha ha...lucky you!  I used to live in SoCal.  I miss the weather, but I love it here in NM.
View Quote

I miss SoCal also. We use to go to the beach on New Years day. BBQ during Christmas and Thanksgiving. But alas I'm in TX saving up for my M16 and MP5SD [:D]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 9:55:32 PM EDT
[#13]
It’s not just furnaces.  

I recall an elderly couple a few years ago that parked their car in their attached garage and inadvertently left it running.  The next day they were both found dead in their bedroom.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 10:55:54 PM EDT
[#14]
It is not just cars and gas furnances.  In Big Bear Mtns of So. Calif. of the San Bernardino National Forest, a family died of CO poisoning because of a faulty flue in a fire place.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top