Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2001 7:37:18 AM EDT
Went to the show on Saturday. Lots of people there buying stuff. One table had a few Armalites and several DPMS ARs, many variations of rifles and grips and so forth. The prices on the DPMS rifles were pretty good. Anybody have any of these? Are they any good?

Couldn't find a good case for my new AR-10T so I went to Carter Country and got one there. Oh well, great case.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 9:54:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Man, did you see all the cases of ammo that were going out the door? I was looking for some SS109. I found some there, but it was kinda pricey...I did pick up a 6-24X50 scope, and a new bipod. It was a descent show. The Pasadena show is on the 27th. Think I'll check it out too.

Rich
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 11:04:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I was there.  Bought 1000 rounds of Q3131A, two Glock 27 mags, 2 Pearce +1 G27 grip extensions, one of those Pager Pal holsters (which the wife and I both really like) and a concealed carry holster from comp-tac.com.  The guy who owns comp-tac is the guy who taught my concealed carry class.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 1:22:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Did I miss something, or did you guys say you bought AMMO at the AstroArena show?!?!?  In all the years I've gone to the gun shows at the Astrohall/Arena I've never seen them allow powder, primers, or ammo.

Has there been a change in policy?

The ones at George R. Brown have ammo, powder, primers, etc.  I'm just shocked about the AstroArena news...
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 1:34:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been going to the shows there since about 1986. As far back as I can remember you could always buy ammo in the Arena but not in the Hall. At times you couldn't buy ammo in GRB. You paid someone for it in there and then went out to the parking lot to get it from some guy in a Suburban.

I may be confused though. It wouldn't be the first time.

There was even some guys there with Texas made AK-47s/AKMs. They looked pretty nice and cost about $495. Don't know anything about them though. I was tempted to buy one.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 1:35:50 PM EDT
[#5]
The last two Arena shows I've been to have had ammo.  I generally only go to the big AstroHall shows, so I'm not sure if this is a new development or not.

The crowd was insane at this show though.  I had my kids in the double stroller, and it was almost impossible to navigate the aisles.  Many more people than the Astro Arena show that happened right after the 9.11 attacks.

God Bless Texas
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top