Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/12/2001 12:30:40 PM EDT
OK. Been done a coupla times b4, but it's a fun topic. Favorite songs/Artists? Me- Sing-A-Song and September by Earth Wind and Fire Let's Stay Together by Al Green Man in the Box by Alice in Chains anything by Stevie Ray Vaughn anything by Skynyrd anything by the Allman Bro's anything performed by Christpher Parkening I really like Tim McGraw- George Strait- Jerry Reed- The Delphonics- Sunburst by Andrew York blah blah blah. I got like 500 CD's by now. You?
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 12:39:01 PM EDT
There is no greater artist than Eric Johnson!
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 1:04:59 PM EDT
Rammstein Front242 Apoptygma Berzerk The Doors
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 1:14:19 PM EDT
Desmond Dekker, the original King of Ska
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 1:17:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 1:40:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/12/2001 1:41:15 PM EDT by BlackandGreen]
Have to show my age?.............................................ALLMAN...steely dan.....doobies....floyd......dire straights........heart.........peter gabriel....steve winwood.....micheal mcdonald.....robert palmer......moody blues.....tull.....who.....chicago......sting.....yes/genesis......elton john.....AND.....charlie daniels.....david allan coe.......restless heart......ricky scaggs......and last...but absolutely at the TOP of my list is alison krauss..(union station)...........there are a few others....[:D].....HOW could I forget zeppelin?????
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 2:46:47 PM EDT
Some people have told me that there are other bands than Gratefule Dead/Jerry Garcia Band, but I'm not sure I believe it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 2:48:38 PM EDT
Misfits-She M.O.D.-Are you Hungry & Imported Society Antiheroes-Antiheroes FEAR-I don't care about you & More beer Max Resist and the Hooligans-Johnny Reb Skrewdriver-Everything they ever wrote was awesome! Agnostic Front-Crucified Those are off the top of my head. There's about a zillion more. I like all the old punk and hardcore.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 2:51:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 2:52:56 PM EDT
Originally Posted By hatebreed: Skrewdriver-Everything they ever wrote was
View Quote
LOL! I was going to put them too, but I sorta figured it'd be a conflict of interest with Al Green on the list [:p]
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 3:10:31 PM EDT
Originally Posted By I_Luv_Carrots:
Originally Posted By hatebreed: Skrewdriver-Everything they ever wrote was
View Quote
LOL! I was going to put them too, but I sorta figured it'd be a conflict of interest with Al Green on the list [:p]
View Quote
No way! Ian Stuart even covered a Chuck Berry song. Early sould and Motown was awsome. And I've never met anyone who didn't like Skrewdriver. Hell even SHARPS love Skrewdriver. They were a FUCKING AWSOME band.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 3:23:22 PM EDT
Yeah, they covered all kinds of shit from Golden Earrings "Radar Love" to the Stones. I normally spit on bands that do covers, but Skrewdriver has always been the exception for me. My all time faorite album is still "All Skrewed Up".
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 3:24:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/12/2001 3:51:45 PM EDT by seamusmcoi]
Originally Posted By Malpaso: Desmond Dekker, the original King of Ska
View Quote
Fuck ya! Early ska was the only good ska. 90% if that two tone shit sucked. It was like disco ska. Don't get me wrong, there are a few good two tone songs, but not many. And this new ska make me want to break something. Anyway, a few of my favorites: Blood For Blood "When The Storm Comes" Wretched Ones "OiRodgers" Fortress "I Hate Commie Scum" Four SKins " One Law For Them" Main Street Saints "Main Street" Skrewdriver "I Don't Like You" Bound For Glory "Warriors Glory" Dropkick Murphys "Barroom Heroes" Pennywise "Fight Till You Die" Kicker Boys "I Don't Scare" The Business "Harry May" The Templars "The Templars" The Dwarves "Everybodies Girl" GG Allin "Drink Fight and Fuck" The Bruisers "Ollie Vee" (cover of a Buddy Holly song) Me First And The Gimmie Gimmies "Rocket Man" The Midtown Bootboys "The Pride Of Midtown" And let's not forget..... The Pougues "Sick Bed Of Cuchulainn" Or for that matter, 90% of anything they did before Shane left the band. Man I love music! edited because I can, and I forgot the Midtown Bootboys, one of my all time favorites.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 3:29:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 3:30:56 PM EDT
My all time faorite album is still "All Skrewed Up".
View Quote
Definetely! Though it's a toss up between that Boots and Braces. Their early stuff was the best with a few exceptions. Blood and Honor and Voice Of Britain would rank up there pretty close. And I have to say, alot of the later Skrewdriver pretty much sucked. Oh well, not everyones perfect.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 3:55:36 PM EDT
I listen to a LOT of weird shit. This weeks rotation includes... Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve Galbi by Ofra Haza The Model by Kraftwerk Jam Master Jammin(Remix) by Run DMC One Step Beyond by Madness Beat Box(Diversion ONE) by The Art of Noise Download them at your own risk.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 3:56:46 PM EDT
Too many favorite groups & songs to list. My 2 most favorite songs are: "All along the Watchtower" - Hendrix's version "Simple Man" - Skynyrd
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 6:35:18 AM EDT
David Allen Coe- If That Ain't Country, Longhaired Redneck Johnny Cash- anything Jimmy Buffet- A Pirate Looks At 40, Anything else he chooses to do [^] Heart- The Road Home Charlie Daniels- Simple Man, Uneasy Rider 1&2 Jimmy Dean- Steel Men Love them old country songs!!
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 6:47:01 AM EDT
anything by MOTLEY CRUE [beer] [:)] [bounce]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 6:48:23 AM EDT
and...... don't piss me off by david lee roth [bounce] [beer]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 8:27:52 AM EDT
Lately, my favorite is Tool.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 8:53:26 AM EDT
I "deadicate" Sadistik Exekution's I'll Kill You, You Bastard! to Osama bin Laden. As they would say, (to ObL) FUKK OFF!
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 9:07:34 AM EDT
[b] The Three B's [/b] Bach, Beethoven, Bagpipes !!! And... ELP Skynyrd early Stones Doors Zeppelin Doobie Bros. Bocephus (Hank Williams Jr) Jethro Tull . . . . etc.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 9:12:36 AM EDT
Poison Idea
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 9:37:54 AM EDT
Garden Weasel, you up for a little tape trading? I always wanted to hear some Poison Idea. Gotta love a band with a member named "Hippie Slayer". I have a list of over 600 black/death/speed/thrash/grind/heavy metal stuffs. I have some TDK's at the command as I speak.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 9:47:59 AM EDT
Hmmmm.... AC/DC or Ozzie if I want to drive fast. Mellancamp, must be a midwestern heritage thing Any thing by Tom Petty. more recently this little lady I know got me into country music. Anything by Shania Twain!! (hold on while I roll up my tongue) [:P] The song "Run" by I don't know who.(my new altime favorite, prolly cuz if fits my circumstances right now) The Dixie Chics and many many others.... I do think; however, that RAP was the worst creation man could have ever come up with!
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 9:53:44 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Matt_S: AC/DC or Ozzie if I want to drive fast.
View Quote
LOL! I know exactly what you mean. If i'm in the car, and "Eastbound and Down" by Jerry Reed comes on the radio, you can bet your ass i'm doing 120 MPH; school zone or not... "The boys are thirsty in Atlanta and there's beer in Texarkana..."" Woooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooooooooo! [:D]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 2:36:07 PM EDT
Uh, Trash Can Sinatras Aztec Camera Stone Roses Dave Matthews Doors any classic rock any classical music
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 3:14:10 PM EDT
Neil Diamond, Jackson Browne, James Taylor, Kenny Loggins, Loggins and Messina, Dan Fogelberg, Beatles, Elton John Can anyone tell me what song/artist my signature line is borrowed from? [beer]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 3:27:15 PM EDT
anything by TESLA. [BOUNCE] [BOUNCE]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 3:33:40 PM EDT
Nugent, Love and Rockets, Queens of the Stone Age, Chris Knight, V-Roys, Steely Dan, Sex Pistols, Wilco, DLR, Anthrax, Eric Johnson and just about anything and everything.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 3:44:05 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Colt45_Man: Neil Diamond, Jackson Browne, James Taylor, Kenny Loggins, Loggins and Messina, Dan Fogelberg, Beatles, Elton John Can anyone tell me what song/artist my signature line is borrowed from? [beer]
View Quote
Negative However I just had a flashback...Woodstock '69 The band: Ten Years After The song: I'm Going Home Bo Diddly ain't got nothin on this tune!!! If you're too young to have a Recruiter call you upon graduating H.S. during the NAM ERA...Then you would not understand "Woodstock" Sorry gents...but like I said FLASHBACK !!!
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 9:45:53 PM EDT
Blitz- someone's gonna die 4 Skins - Chaos Oppressed - Joe Hawkins US Chaos - Guns by my side The Cuffs - John Sullivan Beltones - Fuck You anyway Iron Cross - Crucified Dropkick Murphys - Good rats As far as Skrewdriver goes I would have to agree their music was good ,the early stuff especially. The later stuff , well I'll just say I dont care for their politics.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 9:55:55 PM EDT
[b][red]Tower of Power[/red][/b]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 10:14:46 PM EDT
Led Zeppelin-Stairway to heaven Deep Purple- Smoke in the Water Eagles- Hotel California Earth Wind and Fire- Shining Star Eric Clapton- Cocain, Tears in haven These are ones I can think rightnow of but there a lot more.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 2:03:32 AM EDT
Originally Posted By gardenWeasel: Poison Idea
View Quote
Yeah i'll second that....Poison Idea rules!
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 3:23:08 AM EDT
Nine Inch Nails [img]http://r00ted.org.uk/0day/nin.jpg[/img]
Top Top