Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2001 7:46:11 PM EDT
I heard that the accu-wedge made ARs more accurate is that true?
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 8:01:16 PM EDT
[#1]
no
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 8:04:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Another no.

All it does is tightens up your upper and lower.  Some ARs have a slight bit of rattle.  The accu-wedge will tighten it up and minimize/eliminate that rattle.  I've seen some ARs with the accu-wedge that leaves a sizeable gap between the upper and lower - so much so that you can clearly see daylight through the middle.  It does nothing for accuracy, despite the name.

Link Posted: 10/4/2001 8:35:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes.

According to a reliable source, the accu-wedge prevents the upper receiver from rocking on the lower.  You will most likely not see a difference on the range, but for competitive purposes, receiver rock can contribute to up to a 1/4MOA difference between shot #1 and shot #2.  Put that out at 600 yards, and you're an addition 1.5" off from your normal margin of error, in any given direction.

The performance of the wedge is directly dependant on the fit of your AR15.  If yours tends to rock a bit (like my Colt), you will see a performance increase, but if it's tight than the Accu-wedge serves no applicable purpose.  In my weapon, it proved to be a great $5 investment.
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 10:26:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Nope, If it did every tom dick and hairy would be making one of one type or another. Now saying that------I do use one in one of my AR's,[:D] I hate loose guns, Go figure.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 7:25:44 AM EDT
[#5]
No Accu wedge [sniper] hit
Accu wedge in [sniper] hit
answer it tightens the fit between the upper and lower but unless your gun is extreamly worn I do not think it matters.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 12:09:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I talked to an engineer at Picatinny that worked on small arms a few years back and asked her the very same question.  She said that when fired from a vise type mount, they could see no difference with a weapon with or without a wedge in it.  The only way it helps is if the firer thinks it helps.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 12:47:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I have no idea, but Jewbroni's theory (or statement of fact) seems to make sense to me.  Can anyone poopoo his reasoning?

Nuckles.   [smash]
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 1:12:42 PM EDT
[#8]
poopoo
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 1:23:07 PM EDT
[#9]
HA!!  And I thought he may have been right.  Sorry Jewbroni!!

Nuckles.    [smash]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top