Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2001 11:52:35 AM EDT
if these arent supposed to be that good, everyone says that they would not use in a life or death situation, then why does the israeli army have them as standard issue to their troops, from what i understand they dont crack or break or dent, so could someone elighten me on the drawbacks, of these mags, cuz i just ordered a shit load of them, anyway....educate me......
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 12:01:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 12:04:30 PM EDT
[#2]
well from what i have seen on this forum is that they require some fitting on non- colt lowers but that they fit good in colts, and lucky me thats what i have......
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 12:04:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a few of them I got in a horse trade years ago.  Mine work fine.  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 12:07:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Some earlier Orlites don't fit so well in Bushys, do a search in the Mags forum for specifics.

I bought several for range work, they fit my Bushy fine with no grinding necessary.

They DO bulge when loaded, and the fit in the mag well is different when loaded, I suspect that this flexing is not adding to their longevity.

The feed lips DO crack at the back and the front, but mine have not as yet.

Lastly, I don't think the Iz's still use them, I believe they switched to USGI.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 12:09:11 PM EDT
[#5]
citadel how long have you had them and do you shoot the heck out of them......
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 12:30:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 12:33:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I have loaded-fired each one probably 10-20 times.

Most of the time they sit empty in the safe.

I use them exclusivley for range/class work, I put away my new USGIs after function checking them all.

No problems whatsoever.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 1:24:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Actually they are no longer issued in the IDF. Answers why there are so many surplus ones around. The IDF went back to the basic aluminum 30 rounders. They are more thermally stable than thermolds but the nylon reinforced plastic will decompose after hard use, especially around the feedlips. If you drop one of these damaged ne, they will spew out the rounds. Goto the mag section and I think its Troy who is the mag expert.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top