BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2001 7:46:35 PM EDT
bearcoat teflon finish?

its a company called Bear Coat
http://www.bearcoat.com

some kind of epoxy teflon finish...
after treatment, never need to use oil on any parts again.  impervious to rust etc...

Quite expensive, but worth it?
aparantly Les Baer uses it on all his firearms...
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:47:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Let me know how it works.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:49:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Walter Birdsong's Black-T is better.  They take the gun completely apart and treat everything, including springs, except the inside of the barrel.  No website.  601-939-7448.  He does a lot of work for the FBI, SEALS, etc.  Don't worry, he is the most pro-gun person you will ever meet.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:53:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought this was going to be about your wife/GF [;D]

I happen to like oiling my babies!

This sounds alot lke robar NP3. ([url]www.robarms.com[/url]  I did notice that the lifetime  warranty required a $35.00 fee if it needed to be redone in the future.  Makes me a little skittish. That plus shipping and FFL, is  a bunch.  Better be sure.

FWIW,

Zaz
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 2:40:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Ya let me know too.

I have a ParaOrd that I wanted to send down there.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 6:37:26 AM EDT
[#5]
from what i was readin Bear Coat does the same thing (takes yer gun apart and treats everything)  you can also get it in a couple different colors or two tone etc...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top