Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/2/2001 6:26:52 PM EDT
How about a list of gun oriented rock songs: Roland The Headless Thompson Gunner - Warren Zevon Oliver's Army - Elvis Costello If I Had A Rocket Launcher - Bruce Cockburn Me And My Uncle - Grateful Dead
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 6:31:36 PM EDT
another one bites the dust by queen [:D]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 6:33:50 PM EDT
chris wall -something to shoot
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 6:36:25 PM EDT
Been all Around this World. [img]http://www.walnutst.com/greene/photos/dead/jerry/jerry2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 6:39:51 PM EDT
lookin down the barrel of a gun - Beastie Boys
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 6:53:02 PM EDT
"Guns of Brixton"; "Guns On The Roof"; "Washington Bullets", - --THE CLASH "Melt the Guns"; "Terrorism", - --XTC
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 6:56:22 PM EDT
Only PRO-RKBA song I can think of in rock: "1976", by Grand Funk Railroad (sample lyric: "Don't let them take your gun, in 1976") Are there any other pro-RKBA songs in rock at all, other than from Ted Nugent and GFR?
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:03:35 PM EDT
"Don't Take Your Gun's to Town" J.C. "Big Iron"-Marty Robbins "Saturday Night Special"-Lynard Skynard "Bad Habit"-Offspring "The Trooper"-Iron Maiden "Vote With A Bullet"-Corrosion of Conformity "Battle of New Orleans" & "Sink the Bismark"-Johnny Horton " Someone told me once that there's a right and wrong. Punishment was sure for those who dare to cross the line. Maybe it's just bullshit and I should play GOD and shoot you myself." Maynard James Keenan of Tool.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:09:06 PM EDT
I always like Vote With a Bullet by Corrosion of Conformity
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:16:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By gunmonkey: "Saturday Night Special"-Lynard Skynard
View Quote
I always thought that was an anti-gun song. Listen to the lyrics: 'Handguns are made for killin', ain't no good for nothing else' And then says something about throwing them in the sea. I think that 'Rock the Casbah' is an appropriate song these days.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:17:24 PM EDT
"Interstate" by The Refreshments.
Well it doesn't matter There aint no facts involved Take it further It doesn't matter Well out here on the border Ants drag bones across the hot dry ground Told me there at the trailer park They got a million souls at the lost and found Well you should have known better Dead thoughts and lost horizons And to take it further It don't get any better Well out here on the border Ain't nobody asking questions No I don't need a miracle But I could use a push in the right direction Handgun and a bottle of Boons And a 69' Ford and a new pair of shoes Left from Boise Idaho 95 So when they crossed the state line They were just in time to fall Asleep at the wheel Last back doesn't matter Never was no facts involved And to take it further It never really matters Well out here on the border Ants drag bones across the hot dry ground Told me there at the trailer park They got a million souls at the lost and found Handgun and a bottle of Boons And a 69' Ford and a new pair of shoes Left from Boise Idaho 95 So I was just in time to miss The 5:00 o'clock news Velvet black Interstate is something that appeals to me $5.99 and a stone cold meal I was feelin' just fine And when I crossed the state line I was just in time To fall asleep at the wheel
View Quote
The Refreshments also sang "Banditos." It was a popular little ditty in the mid '90's.
Just how far down do you want to go We can talk it out over a cup of joe And you can look deep in my eyes Like I was a super-model Uh huh It's just you and me baby No one else we can trust We'll say nuthin to no one No how or we'll bust Never crack a smile or flinch or cry For nobody Uh huh So give your ID card to the border guard Your alias says you Captain Jean Luc Picard Of the United Federation of Planets Cause they won't speak english any ways Everybody knows that the world is full of stupid people So meet me at the mission at midnight We'll divy up there Everybody knows that the world is full of stupid people So I got the pistol So I get the Pesos That seems fair We'll put the sugar in the tank of the sheriff's car Slash the deputy's tires They won't get very far When they finally get the word that there's been a hold-up Uh huh Everybody knows that the world is full of stupid people So meet me at the mission at midnight We'll divy up there Everybody knows that the world is full of stupid people So I got the pistol So I get the Pesos That seems fair That seems fair
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:19:10 PM EDT
Or, on their last album was Sin Nombre, one of my favorites:
Road hard and I put up wet, been down but I can't get up yet It's a long ride back to the way I want to feel Sun down across the plain, I've bee sore before I'll be sore again No place to hide to keep from runnin' Laid down in the cotton wood hollow though I left a trail that no man could follow, Is it safe to rest my head again till morning Cracked throat, my canteen's dry Rain won't fall from an empty sky, so I whisper Hail Marys till the sun comes up Now don't tell me that part of the story when the cowboy falls in love When he traded in his pistol and his saddle and the stars above When the candles burnin' down, when midnight comes around Know the best that we could hope for is to be laughin' when we finally hit the ground Road hard come down tired, stripped from the saddle when the rifle fired, Deep in dreams of women and clean water Well I did before what I'll do again So forgive me father if I have sinned, but the old wood cracks before it bends Now don't tell me that part of the story when the cowboy falls in love When he traded in his pistol and his saddle and the stars above When the candles burnin' down, when midnight comes around Know the best that we could hope for is to be laughin' when we finally hit the ground Now don't tell me that part of the story when the cowboy falls in love When he traded in his pistol and his saddle and the stars above When the candles burnin' down, when midnight comes around Know the best that we could hope for is to be laughin' When we finally hit the ground
View Quote
The Refreshments are from Tempe, Arizona. Kind of a down on their luck country rock band. Banditos was their big hit. Do a search on them and you'll find the unofficial pages and the music. They broke up and reformed because one of their members was in and out of rehab for booze and drugs. Guess what their new name is? THE PEACEMAKERS They have a unofficial pages as well. I don't believe they've put out an album yet, but I've heard some of their songs when Napster was still up. Good music. Lemme know if anyone finds out that they have a disc coming out. And I'd also like to know where to go for music (I wouldn't even mind paying a few bucks for each song I download, if I get my pick) now that Napster is dead. Or is it? I haven't been there in a while....
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:50:47 PM EDT
Lets not forget Mr. Ted Nudgent, anything he sings reminds me of guns. We all know where he stands.[kill]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:52:56 PM EDT
Country Boy Can Survive, by the Man, Hank Williams Jr.[:D]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:59:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 8:06:17 PM EDT
[b]
Originally Posted By anothergene: "Armalite rifle" by an unknown (to me) British group I taped many years ago off a college station. I was always into obscure non-commercial stuff.
View Quote
[/b] It is by "The Gang of Four". Here's another: Can I Take My Gun To Heaven by CRACKER
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 8:40:35 PM EDT
Ted Nugent "I want to go Hunting" "Fred Bear" well prohunting and bowhunting "Great White Buffalo" Need I name more?
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 8:54:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 9:21:10 PM EDT
Slayer's "Point" Mucho good hardcore rock and roll..... POINT I'm the one that brings you war Infiltrate unguarded shores Master of afflicting pain Point is where all die Lead - King I'm the one to taste your blood Trashing through the crimson mud Messenger of all demise Point is where I reign Piercing, impaling, no judgment, just punishment Discreate, annihilate assault with no regret I'm the one to taste your death Basking in your dying breath Messenger of all demise Point is where all die Piercing, impaling no judgment, just punishment Discreate, annihilate assault with no regret Born to kill sweep and clear Staring down the face of fear Shrapnel flies dehumanize Flesh and blood will fertilize Empty all the magazines Lethal burst from M-16's Pace the march and sing the song Right the fuck where I belong Stained in blood No fear - no sound Penetrate your holy ground Leave you where your comrades lie Point is where all die Pure destruction has begun Fearlessly the battle's won Spread extinction through the dawn Signature of wrath is spawned Minister of death unleashed My lust for war will never cease With no remorse I watch you die Body count's the bottom line Crashing slashing to the end Your final pulse has just been spent Leave you where your comrades lie Point is where all fucking die Lead - Hanneman Crashing slashing to the end Your final pulse has just been spent Leave you where your comrades lie Stained in blood No fear - no pain - no life Lead - King Clouded skies rain only death Silence all opposing threats Quench the hunger of my gun Exploding cities overrun I'm the one to taste your death Basking in your dying breath Messenger of all demise Point is where all die
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 9:51:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By JacRyan: [...] Lemme know if anyone finds out that they have a disc coming out. And I'd also like to know where to go for music (I wouldn't even mind paying a few bucks for each song I download, if I get my pick) now that Napster is dead. Or is it? I haven't been there in a while....
View Quote
They have 2 records out, one studio, one live, and they're wroking on a new studio one due out "sometime soon". Their official site is [url]http://www.azpeacemakers.com[/url]. I saw 'em back in August, and they put on a killer show, even played a bunch of old Refreshments songs. AR
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 9:56:39 PM EDT
The Refreshments were a great band, too bad the guitar player is/was too drugged out to go on. He was a great player too. OK for those of you who can stand rap, "No Holds Barred" by Sir Mixalot has gotta be the most RKBA song around.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 10:14:03 PM EDT
1963 by New Order
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 10:56:50 PM EDT
If you like punk music and you can find it, check out Guns by D.I. If anyone wants the MP3 version, let me know. USPC40 ------------------------------------------------- [b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url] [b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url] [b][blue]SAF Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url] [b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url] [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 11:12:13 PM EDT
What about AC/DC's "BIG GUN".
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 4:05:35 AM EDT
Nobody mentioned "Hey Joe" yet? Classic Hendrix! Slayer has quite a few songs on guns/war. Tyler
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 4:44:33 AM EDT
I am not sure who did the song but I hear it on the radio alot... its the lawyers, guns and money song....
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 5:10:21 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Bob243: I am not sure who did the song but I hear it on the radio alot... its the lawyers, guns and money song....
View Quote
Warren Zevon wrote it and sang it, but it's been covered by a lot of people, Rick Derringer, for one. Derringer? Gun? Oh, lawdy.... :^)
Top Top