Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2001 5:12:28 PM EDT
I took monday off from work because I went into the office on Saturday for 4 hours to complete a project so I figured this was going to be a nice, short work week. I was wrong! First off, my work came out with a new "vacation" policy that cuts my vacation time from 4 weeks a year to 3. Now I know the average American gets only 2 weeks, but loosing any benefits always sucks. Second, their new policy doesn't give me my vacation time on January 1st like it always did, now I only get 5 hours per pay period (every other Friday). So I start the year off with zero vacation time and after 2 months will have 20 hours banked and so on. So much for the vacation my girlfriend and I have planned for the start of January, (and we already have non-refundable tickets to fly!!) Then on my way to a meeting, I rear-end someone (my fault and also my first accident ever) as I am accelerating up to 15 MPH. My 2001 Dodge RAM 1500 suffers roughly $3000-$5000 (initial estimate) worth of damage. The part that pisses me off the most is that the POS 1991 Dodge Caravan I hit only had minor damage to their rear bumper and rear door! I would think my massive American made truck would have caused more damage to this minivan! But NO, my truck is imploded in a foot, and this "mom-mobile" is hardly damaged. I miss my meeting, miss my Bio Class tonight, will be missing the gun show this Saturday, don't have a rental clause in my insurance, and have a $500.00 deductible which I don't have the money to pay for since I just paid for tuition and school books! Man, sometimes life just sucks. I just remind myself, that this little shit day will pass, and I will be all the wiser. And also that there a people elsewhere suffering much worse than I. But it still sucks. Post your rants if you had a shit day and need to vent!! Everyone who can't afford a shrink needs to vent sometime!

Later all,

Max
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:15:03 PM EDT
[#1]
u wanna vent...  all I wana do is post this new smiley ( if it was there before then it new to me  )
[USA][USA][USA][USA][USA]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:28:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry you loost your vacation time!
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:33:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn it! Damn it! Damn it! Whoo! Now I feel better! [;)]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 6:45:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I will join you Godzilla.  I will be outta work come Oct. 15. Good for nothing state legislature let the laws regulating the business I work for expire.  So I go to the unemployment line for the first time.  I HATE POLITICIANS.  DID I SAY I HATE POLITICIANS.  I HATE THEM I HATE THEM. WISH THEY WOULD ALL FALL IN THE OCEAN AND DISAPPEAR.  FEEL BETTER ALREADY.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:08:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I HATE THEM I HATE THEM. WISH THEY WOULD ALL FALL IN THE OCEAN AND DISAPPEAR.  
View Quote

I went to school with a kid, name of John Gotti who used to say that exact same thing all the time.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:10:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds exactly like something my place would do.

I took 8-5 M-F a few weeks ago eventhough I hate mornings, makes it easier with my son, since I am a single parent, I had been planning to going to a wedding this Sat about 2 1/2 hours south of here, afterwards staying with some friends in the area, and guess what.. the little Pr@@k bas#@rd that does schedules put me on sunday.... WTF I haven't had to work a Sunday in 6 friggen months, now all of a sudden being there the longest no longer means anything[pissed], in other words the newbies can get the better schedules wtf kind of s##t is that.  They arent going to do anything about it.. fine.. I have 2 personal days and 3 vacation days left, I think I am going shooting tomorow, so now no one will be in until 10 tomorow.[-!-]  sux to be them, policy stated personal days can be used as lat as 5 min before your shift.  Deer season I can't have the first day because someone took it off... there is my other personal day[-!-], that week I will also use 2 Vacations days haven't decided which ones yet.

I have no problem helping out with coverage, but the way this one went down pi@@es me off.  It was a fine job but the place is turning into a s#$t hole real fast.[pissed]

We should call this topic something like job sucks... vent here[;)]

Boy that does work pretty good... cheaper than a shrink too[8D]
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 7:11:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I HATE THEM I HATE THEM. WISH THEY WOULD ALL FALL IN THE OCEAN AND DISAPPEAR.  
View Quote

I went to school with a kid, name of John Gotti who used to say that exact same thing all the time.
View Quote

LOL

[:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top