Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2001 12:51:00 PM EDT
Recent media reports have indicated that SEARS is prohibiting the display of flags on our service vehicles.  This is incorrect.
· Beginning  today,  SEARS Product Repair Services will apply flag decals to its  entire  fleet of 15,000 service vehicles.  The new flag decals will be displayed prominently on the body of the vehicles.
· In  addition,  SEARS  is  totally  supportive of the United States and its government.   SEARS,  its  employees  and  customers  have  given nearly $3 million to support relief efforts following the September 11th tragedy.
· Sears is concerned for the safety of its drivers and other motorists.  The company  simply wants to limit safety risks by avoiding displays that could obscure  a  driver’s vision.  In addition, the company wants to ensure that all  American  flags  are  displayed  properly and respectfully.  The media reaction  stemmed  from an e-mail sent to service technicians regarding the safety issue, and the need to ensure the uniformed appearance of our fleet.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 1:49:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought my flag at Sears, a 3x5' with 4 of those little ones people hold at parades
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 2:54:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh well, I still don't have their credit card anymore.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top