Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/2/2001 6:12:06 AM EDT
Do you have a gas mask? For your family? Just curious. News is saying they are a waste of money. I don't think so, but I figure you guys will be the experts.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 6:17:50 AM EDT
I have a few gas masks, but i'm considering selling them on ebay since they are going for such outrageous prices. I would say that, yes, they pretty much are a waste of money. You would pretty much have to wear it constantly considering the fact that you would never know if you were being exposed... Furthermore, you would need a complete NBC suit, along with decontamination facilities and a motherload of filters... So, pretty much the only people who will truly benefit from this are the sellers and manufacterors... but still, they are good to have... i just wouldnt pay the hundreds of dollars for one when they normally go for less than 20-30 bucks...
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 4:09:17 PM EDT
I bought mine for JBTs. If I happen to be able to use it during a chem/bio attack so be it. One thing for certain is that if you dont have one, you won't use it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2001 5:17:17 PM EDT
I have had 2, and M17 and an M40. Sold both. I have been to NBC school, and spent a helleva lot of time in MOPP 1-4 on the East German Border. I no longer have access to auto pen injectors. I no longer have access to chemical detectors. I am not going about MOPP 4 24/7, so they will not do any good against a nerve agent attack. Nerve agents are asborbed by the skin. A tiney drop will kill you. If you do not have a protective outer garment on, and nerve agent antidote available, then you are toast. Yep, in the case of a Nuke, the mask could offer some protection against radioactive dust particles, possibly against some blood agents, and some bio hazards. But in reality, unless you live near or in a high threat target, they ain't gonna bother with you.
Top Top