Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2001 1:29:46 PM EDT
I checked my wife into the hospital today.  She is 37 and will be having a hysterectomy (sp?).  She was nervous and we prayed and all.  I know she will be okay, I am going over there right now to see if she is out of the operating room yet.  She is a great wife, we have been married for 16 years and I love her very much.  If so inclined, prayers for her would be appreciated.

Both  the kids are at a relatives house so I am basically alone for the evening.  It has been a long time since I have been completely alone and I will miss my wife tonight.

So what should I do tonight??

[b]A[/b] Visit wife in the hospital and watch her sleep?

[b]B[/b] Stay home and watch Monday Night Football in peace for once?

[b]C[/b] Go to the Nudie Bar and watch football while getting a lap dance?

Any advice would be appreciated...thanks.
[;)][;)][;)][;)][;)][;)][;)][;)][;)][;)]

sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 1:35:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Catch football scores
during trips to the bar
at the nudie club.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 1:36:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Depending on how serious you're being here, I'd certainly say A.  I've been through quite a few surgeries with my wife, and she's said afterwards that she felt a lot better when she'd briefly wake up and see me sitting there.

Also helps get them what they need with the hospital staff.  Patients tend to be "forgotten" sometimes, and it's nice to have someone there to go find out where your dinner is or see what's taking so long with the pain medication.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 1:43:36 PM EDT
[#3]
ALL of the above.

flip back and forth between MNF and the Playboy channel all night long at the hospital. While slugging a bottle of JD.

WHOA - did I say that out loud???
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 1:48:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 1:53:58 PM EDT
[#5]
A - you will be so wiped out after a day at the hospital you won't want to do anything else.

Trust me, after about 70 surgeries and surgical procedures in the last 5 years, I'm an expert.

My went in Thursday and got out Saturday.  Now I get to place nurse maid.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 2:08:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm going with A here.

Nothing will be more reasuring to her than to see you and know you are nearby.

And if something out of the ordinary happens,
you would never be able to live with yourself
if you weren't.

Del

ps,
We'll mention her when my girls say their prayers tonight.

Please let us know how everything goes.[:)]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 4:36:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, I just got back from visiting her.  Of course I was kidding about options A & B.  This woman has been with me thru thick and thin, she has put up with more of my crap when no else woukd, plus she out shoots me[:)].

So yes I will be going back to see her tonight.  When I went there earlier she was so doped up on Morphin I don't think she had a clue what was going on.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 5:39:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry to hear about your wife.  I hope all went well.  My wife had a tubal pregnancy six years ago and lost an ovary as a result.  So I guess I know what kind of stress and emotional toll your family is going through.  

A. is the best choice, which I see you have chosen.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 6:40:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 6:50:54 PM EDT
[#10]
sgt:

Hope everything works out ok, been there done that, my wife had the same surgery years ago when we were first starting out as a team. When many a men/women, not all ofcourse would beat feet when faced with tough times, you two have obviously stuck it out. Both of you should be commended for sticking to the vows. You're both obviously lucky.

I've noticed, being that my wife has had numerous surgeries in her young life, that even though she's passed out cold, she has this unique ability to still know when and when I wasn't with her during the hospital stays...it's eerie.[:)]

Good luck to you and your wife.

Barracuda
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 6:52:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 6:53:54 PM EDT
[#12]
You and your wife are in our payers, be with your wife,as she will needyour support as she is scared. I never had enough time to do the house and spend time in the hospital with my wife and daughter.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 7:01:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Sucks but you will be doing A.

Really good friend of mine went through this last year.  Sucks.  Long recovery.  Just be there with her and remind her she's your best girl.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 8:15:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I hope and pray that she recovers fully and quickly !

My advice:

Every time I had spine surgery, my wife slept over in the hospital and just knowing she was there was a HUGE comfort!

Plus...  We also hired a private duty nurse to help out w/ the essential things.  I tried to get a blonde one but ended up with a 500lb Jamaican nurse.  Fate?  Hmm....
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 8:27:49 PM EDT
[#15]
A, obviously. There is no other option.

My wife had breast cancer surgery this year, 2x so far. Her mum came over from Scotland to help out, but, even with her help, it wasn't the same for my wife when I wasn't there. Be there as often as you can, and don't forget, she is going to need an advocate for her when dealing with, and getting services from, the hospital.

Not fun, but do it anyway. Your marriage and conscience will be the better for it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 8:30:17 PM EDT
[#16]
My prayers are with you.  It's a difficult thing for a woman to realize that when she wakes up after surgery she can never again even think about having children of her own.  

My fiance's mother went through this last year.  She's a very active woman and it was tough on her to stay off her feet.  Six weeks of staying home and laying around in pain, on top of another month or two of full recovery.  Your sense of time and space kind of get lost when you're confined like that.  Hope she has a stay-put kind of hobby.[:)]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 8:55:07 PM EDT
[#17]
[b]D.[/b] Talking with doctor to insist that he prescribe estrogen replacement.

Seriously, regardless of what the doctor might try to tell you insist on this.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 9:24:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks you brouhaha-ette.  It will be hard for her to stay off her feet because she likes to be busy, but luckily I am not working now so I will be able to help her out around the house.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 9:33:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Sgtar15,

We're also praying for your wife. My wife had to go through this in her late 20's. Wasn't fun for her of course, and the actual recovery period was longer than the Dr. told her it would be. Your wife will need your unconditional love, support, and prayers during her recovery. May God continue to bless you both.

NMSight
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 9:43:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

[size=6][b]A[/b][/size=6]

In my prayers tonight. Be well and best wishes

sgb
View Quote

I second that!

Brothers In Arms

Tyler
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top