Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2001 8:00:41 AM EDT
So what would one of these be worth today? It was purchased before the 94 ban thing went into effect. Maybe that is irrelevent, I'm not sure. But that happens to be the case.
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 8:08:12 AM EDT
[#1]
That's damn relevant. If the MAK-90 was purchased prior to Sept., 1994, and was made into a pre-ban configuration with a pistol grip, etc., PRIOR to that date, it is lawful for it to continue to have that configuration!

Value is atill gonna be around $400.00 or so, at least in Dallas. It has serious competition from all the AK clones made with USA parts, so it can't be priced any higher than those, IMHO.

Eric The(FFL)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/1/2001 9:37:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Eric, I bought two of them in the summer of 94, just before the Clinton thing happened. I paid $146 for each one. I can remember thinking about how an AK-47 costed about $250 back in 85-89 and I was now buying a modified version for $100 less. I realize that it wasn't the same gun but pretty close anyway. I almost bought a few more. Just a few months later Clinton got his bill passed and then the MAK-90s started climbing like crazy. I've seen the newer Bulgarian and other source versions for sell but didn't know what the interest was in the pre-94 ban versions.

I'm in the Houston area so it should be similar to Dallas.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top