Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/28/2001 8:08:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/28/2001 8:18:44 PM EDT by Railgun]
BEST COMEBACK YET TO BE HEARD Gotta love those gun control advocates.... I was listening to the radio the other day, and I heard one of the all-time best comeback lines in my life. Note: This is an exact replication of National Public Radio (NPR) interview between a female broadcaster, and US Army General Reinwald who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military installation. FEMALE INTERVIEWER: "So, General Reinwald, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?" GENERAL REINWALD: "We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery, and shooting." FEMALE INTERVIEWER: "Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?" GENERAL REINWALD: "I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range." FEMALE INTERVIEWER: "Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?" GENERAL REINWALD: "I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm." FEMALE INTERVIEWER: "But you're equipping them to become violent killers." GENERAL REINWALD: "Well, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?" The radio went silent and the interview ended. [rail]Railgun....
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 8:15:25 PM EDT
I'll give her $100. Well, the NPR is a whore.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 8:17:29 PM EDT
Too bad it's an urban legend. Check snopes.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 8:25:32 PM EDT
Yeah govtTHUG covered this last week
Top Top