Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2001 9:30:32 PM EDT
I went and got a rifle case from wal-mart, then I cut the foam out to fit my DPMS AR-15 with fluted barrel and barrel mount for tac-light. I cut a spot to hold my tac-light, my cheapy rubber armored scope and my cheapy red dot. Then there's a spot to hold 2 20 round mags and and 2 spots for two thirty round mags. Each spot holds two mags. I left a spot for a Beta C I'm getting and I'll be cutting a spot to hold about 200 rounds on stripper clips. Each place will hold nearly 100 rounds.

I'm also doing one that holds my other AR, a pistol gripped shotgun and a pistol, with extra mags and rounds for each. I think it's going to be much cooler. These are going to make a trip to the range SOOO much easier.

[img]http://imagehosting.bidbay.com/image.php3?imgID=606511[/img]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 9:34:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I like your tatoo!  Did it hurt getting it there?

Cool gun case.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 9:36:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks pretty good!  Like it was made that way.  Will the Beta fit in there?  (height clearance).
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 9:37:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Real nice custom case. Glad I read your post.
My first thought was woopty dooo...Very nice Customized rifle case from Wally  Mart. I didn't even get to be a smart ass...Yes I did!!! Silly Pajamas!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 9:44:31 PM EDT
[#4]
What did you use to cut the foam?  I never had mutch luck cutting foam.  Just made a mess.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 9:50:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Ever think of investing in a vacuum?
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 9:56:38 PM EDT
[#6]
M15A2, yeah, that shit hurt on my foot pretty bad. Plus at the time I was only 18 and my job was washing dishes. (first Job) So my foot is like pickling in dishwater and it was a bitch to heal, took nearly a month but it never scabbed.

Paulie Walnuts, not sure it will fit but I'm hoping so. Doesn't the feed tower detach? if so it should work, though maybe in pieces.

CT_10x

I just used a $1.50 razor knife from wally world. I drew an outline with a marker and then sliced slightly in from the outline so it would be a tight fit and hold the stuff securely.

Floater
I've invested in a vaccum, but I haven't convinced my wife to use it yet.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 10:00:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Post from M15A2 -
I like your tatoo! Did it hurt getting it there?
View Quote

Not near as much as his other one!

Eric The(Don'tEvenAsk)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 10:09:43 PM EDT
[#8]
hatebreed - Those Contico brand cases from WalMart are great for the money.  Very thick and sturdy - a little less than $20 for the dopuble wide like you have.  I have four of them and love 'em.  nice job.

Tate
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 10:16:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ever think of investing in a vacuum?
View Quote

[spank]

Link Posted: 9/27/2001 10:24:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Very nice job, I am impressed!!

I didn't notice your pajamas until hdhogman mentioned it...but it does appear that ya got a "tent" happening in there.  Does that always happen when you look at your guns?? [;)] [;D]

sgtar15

Link Posted: 9/28/2001 4:56:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Ummmmmmmm.......never mind.[:D]

sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 5:11:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Suggestion...

Use the rest of the space in the lower right for ammo boxes.

That way your case is a SHTF bug-out case.

Link Posted: 9/28/2001 3:43:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Garandman, I figured i couldn't fit a Beta as originally planned so I took your advice and added a spot for ammo. Cut out two spaces for stripper clips that hold five strippers each. That gives me a total of 240 rounds in my case. I figure that's pretty sufficient for a range trip or if I need to split in a hurry. I'm going to make one more that holds two shotguns and two pistols along with some extra ammo and hangun mags. I don't know how good they'd be for a shtf in big ass cases, but it's more organized than before. My plan for a shtf involves a boat rather than lots of foot travel, so I'm sure they'd suffice.
[img]http://imagehosting.bidbay.com/image.php3?imgID=607819[/img]
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 3:49:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Now the stuff is only better protected on 1 side ,and the other has less padding....I do not think they were designed for this...
View Quote

Don't really need padding as everything is securely in place, which IMO is all the padding is for anyway, to keep stuff from rolling around. Everything in the inserts touches hard plastic on the bottom, but it's not like its smacking into it with force, just resting there securely. There's no way I could have fit a rifle, a tac light, two scopes, 6 mags and 100 rounds of ammo in a case without problems before.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 5:06:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Question:  Is the bottom piece you cut out smooth or did you flip it over or use a new piece of foam?
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 5:27:14 PM EDT
[#16]
You bought a "$1.50 razor knife from wally world" ??!!! You mean to say that they sell "terrorist weapons" but they wont sell guns and ammo during a time of national crisis??
WTF??? BP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top