Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2001 6:22:53 PM EDT
He did execute his plan against America brilliantly, you have to at least give him that.

Don't ya?

In a way, it's kind of like us willing to give our lifes for our freedom, saving our rights, etc. He is willing to give his for what he believes in. (Or at least can convience others to give theirs...)

Flame on, sunshine...
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 6:41:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, and no.

He did execute his plan without a hitch (except for the plane that crashed in PA), but that is the only thing you can give him.

When you say he is willing to give his life for what he believes in you are way off base.  He is NOT willing to give his life for what he believes in.  If hijacking a plane and committing suicide is supposed get you into heaven, and guarantees you 70 hot virgins when you get there, why didn't he do it himself?  Why didn't he bomb the wtc in 93 himself?  Why didn't he bomb the US embassy himself?

Because he is a coward.  He just gets stupid weak minded people to do his dirty work for him.  Plain and simple.  That is completely different than giving your life fighting for what you believe in.

Link Posted: 9/25/2001 7:04:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope, not at all.  This scumbag sent men to slash the throats of unarmed stewardesses, some of whom were first bound then butchered.  He had small children killed on those planes.  I wonder how Bin Laden would like watching me slash his children's throats?  He isa classic coward, just like Hitler.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 8:39:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Nope, not at all.  This scumbag sent men to slash the throats of unarmed stewardesses, some of whom were first bound then butchered.  He had small children killed on those planes.  I wonder how Bin Laden would like watching me slash his children's throats?  He isa classic coward, just like Hitler.

GunLvr
View Quote

AMEN!  If he really believes the filth he spouts he wouldn't hide in Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 9:16:37 PM EDT
[#4]
One thing I like about Binladen, it's rare you see a photo of him without an AKS-74
[img]http://image.pathfinder.com/time/daily/special/look/osama/ladengun.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 7:35:59 AM EDT
[#5]
yes he carries a small SMG with him.After seeing the video of him getting "pushed" by a AK-74,I dunno if he could handle the same weapon in the SMG configuration he is seen carrying.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 7:40:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
yes he carries a small SMG with him.After seeing the video of him getting "pushed" by a AK-74,I dunno if he could handle the same weapon in the SMG configuration he is seen carrying.
View Quote

That 74 did give him some troubles didn't it. LMAO!  
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 9:08:36 AM EDT
[#7]
When you say he is willing to give his life for what he believes in you are way off base. He is NOT willing to give his life for what he believes in. If hijacking a plane and committing suicide is supposed get you into heaven, and guarantees you 70 hot virgins when you get there, why didn't he do it himself? Why didn't he bomb the wtc in 93 himself? Why didn't he bomb the US embassy himself?
View Quote

Are you trying to make the argument that anyone who directs violence instead of committing it in person is a coward?  If so, then wouldn't Robert E. Lee qualify as a "coward" because he didn't charge the Union lines at Gettysburg?  Wouldn't Ronald Reagan qualify as a "coward" because he didn't pilot one of the planes that bombed Libya?

My point is not to defend bin Laden -- it's just to point out the flaw in the argument.

This scumbag sent men to slash the throats of unarmed stewardesses, some of whom were first bound then butchered. He had small children killed on those planes. I wonder how Bin Laden would like watching me slash his children's throats? He isa classic coward, just like Hitler.
View Quote

Again, this boils down to an assumption that "evil=cowardice", which IMHO is fallacious.  (BTW, Hitler was decorated for bravery in WWI.)  If you sincerely believe that [b]all[/b] evil people are cowards, then (as a matter of logic) you have to believe that anyone who shows bravery is [b]not[/b] evil.

This sort of reasoning is exactly why so many Muslims admire bin Laden in spite of the evil of his attacks: they see him going to war against the world's most powerful nation, which (if you don't consider him stupid and/or crazy) seems brave.  Similarly, American attacks via cruise missile or bomber can be seen as cowardly and thus evidence of America's evil.

[b]I'm not trying to make excuses for anyone[/b].  My point here is to help everyone "Know thy enemy" because that's the first step in defeating him.  Even though fanatics might be too nutty to qualify as "brave", that doesn't make them "cowardly", either.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 9:23:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Hand it to him????

I was under the impression we're going to make
a special trip to fly over there and drop it off.
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 9:31:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Are you trying to make the argument that anyone who directs violence instead of committing it in person is a coward?  If so, then wouldn't Robert E. Lee qualify as a "coward" because he didn't charge the Union lines at Gettysburg?  Wouldn't Ronald Reagan qualify as a "coward" because he didn't pilot one of the planes that bombed Libya?
View Quote

Again, there is no comparison between the examples you list here.  Bin Laden is a coward because he organizes and has others carry out these acts, and then says[b]"I didn't do it! Please don't blame me!"[/b].  Then he goes and hides in his little cave, or moves from one location to the next to keep from being discovered like the little bitch that he is.

When the bombs hit Libya, Iraq, etc. they knew where they were coming from.  They knew why they were getting them.  They knew what they could do to prevent the attack.  Plus the targets were MILITARY targets (or at least suspected to be).  Yes, there is collateral damage but civilians were not the target of the attacks.

I understand what you are attempting to point out, but you are putting way to much effort into convincing other people for someone who does not believe it himself.  If you admire him that much hop on the next plane over there and join his little clan.

Link Posted: 9/26/2001 10:20:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
One thing I like about Bin laden...  
View Quote

Wow, there's a phrase I don't think I'll be using...

DrMark    [:)]
Link Posted: 9/26/2001 6:04:28 PM EDT
[#11]
They caused great damage to their enemy, (us)but it can only hurt their cause.  I think it was a big mistake for them to make.  Only time will tell.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top