Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2001 8:33:03 AM EDT
has anyone ever heard of this brand or ar15.  it is not the bushmast dcm rifle.  anyword on the quality of it?  i was thinking of buying one, but i am not sure on how it will compare to the bushmaster dcm.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 8:36:42 AM EDT
[#1]
... you mean DPMS?
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 8:37:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you sure its not DPMS?  I've heard of them...
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 8:38:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Never heard of dcms...But have heard of DPMS. They build good stuff, check em out at:
[url]www.dpmsinc.com[/url]
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 8:56:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 1:28:09 PM EDT
[#5]
ok  thanks i got the name wrong.  bad short term memory.  compared to a bushmaster, which is better?
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 6:09:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I use DPMS lowers in two rifles, but that's probably not a good test of a rifle. DPMS rifles do not have chrome-lined bores and they use tight 223 chambers. They have a great selection of heavy barreled and bull barreled rifles, which are great for target and varmiting.

For a field/tactical rifle, I would probably go Bushmaster because of the chrome-lined barrel and slightly looser chamber. And Bushmaster quality is excellent.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 6:15:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
DMPS is good stuff.

DCMS si godo suftf oto [:D]
View Quote

I agree.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 6:26:00 PM EDT
[#8]
DPMS is a very good product. Their customer service is also excellent. Never had a problem with mine. Regarding the "tight .223 chamber" I have used many different brands of commercial and milsurp ammo without a rifle related problem. The few ftf's were caused by dead primers in milsurp ammo.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 7:44:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
DPMS is a very good product. Their customer service is also excellent. Never had a problem with mine. Regarding the "tight .223 chamber" I have used many different brands of commercial and milsurp ammo without a rifle related problem. The few ftf's were caused by dead primers in milsurp ammo.
View Quote

That's great. When I was following that issue in late 1999 and 2000, it was a recurring problem.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top