Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2001 7:55:41 PM EDT
OK. I want a different stock for my Posty AR. Not an A1 or A2 and not a M4gery style or the RRA tac shorty. Are there any others? Links, please.... Thanks
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 9:36:47 PM EDT
How about just the Buffer tube. :-) -Jared
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 7:44:09 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Grizzly660:How about just the Buffer tube. :-) -Jared
View Quote
Took your advice, just tried that. Didn't work very well. I do now have a nice cross-section of my shoulder though. Please help me find a stock. Zaz
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 7:54:21 AM EDT
A couple places ( like Federal Arms ) sell a walnut stock, sorry no link, and I believe they have a skeletonized one as well.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 7:58:03 AM EDT
Check with Kurt at Kurt's Kustom (I think it's in the Manufacturer's Forum section). My imperfect memory recalls that he has fabricated a "skeletonized" stock that looks like a Sten stock. But, then again, I may be wrong. Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 8:13:48 AM EDT
You want unique, try this... Get a stock and buffer assembly from an M231 Port Firing Weapon. The buffer looks normal, but has an attachment for a retractable wire stock, similar to that on a M3/M3A1 greasegun. Because its postban, you'd just have to weld the stock in the 'out' position.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 8:15:29 AM EDT
I've seen somewhere a buffer tube with a shoulder pad attached and a cheek riser attached somehow. Can't remember where though. May have been some .50cal site.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 8:45:29 AM EDT
Try DPMS. They sell all of the above. They have the spacegun thumbhole stock, walnut stocks, a skelotonized stock and the wire collapsable. They also have a 3 position adjustable "sniper" stock too I think. Definately the best source for stocks IMO. This page has most of those, I think the "sniper" stock is on the next page. [url]http://www.shooterstore.com/acb/showprod.cfm?&DID=90&CATID=494&ObjectGroup_ID=1266&OBS=60&Move=Next&Pcount=83&CurrentPage=6[/url]
Top Top