Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2001 8:06:48 AM EDT
HEy Everyone.

I am doing a college paper on gun control(and its stupidness) and I need some specific examples from people who have been "hurt" in a defense situatiuon due to the limitations placed on weapons in the assault weapons ban. Please e-mail me your (for lack of a better word)Testimony. These need to be true
statements and stories. [email protected]
thanks
-Chuck
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 8:25:18 AM EDT
[#1]
NRA magazine currently called "First Freedom"  formerly called "American Guardian".

they have a section on self-defense stories all the time.  get your paws on that mag and you'll have enough stories to sate any appetite.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 8:39:09 AM EDT
[#2]
ARlady is right about the First Freedom articles, except, those stories usually end with the BG injured or dead to to the "well armed citizen" which happens to be the name of the column.

Nuckles.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 8:40:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I heard of this one ridiculous incident where some arabs were able to take control of hundreds of unarmed americans with just boxcutters and knives. I think I heard they killed over 5000 people with said knives, but I personally think it's a lot of bullshit. Any country where that would happen would instantly allow their citizens to arm themselves for defense, so it must be a lie...

er....

Shawn
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 8:49:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Same articles listed by AR Lady are also in the American Rifleman and the American Hunter, "NRA" magazines.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 9:11:52 AM EDT
[#5]
"I need some specific examples from people who have been "hurt" in a defense situation due to the limitations placed on weapons in the assault weapons ban."

The Assault weapons ban did not restrict ownership of weapons.
It was a silly, feel good piece of legislation that restricted citizens from possessing a bayonet lug, collapsible stock, or flash suppressor on their rifle.  Since these items are not normally mandatory in a defense situation, it would be impossible to prove that somebody got "hurt" by not possessing them.

On the other hand, I am very hurt that I have to abide by all manner of arcane and convoluted laws, and live in fear of my own government, just so that I can provide reasonable protection to my family.

I suggest that you broaden your topic to include all those hurt by gun control in general.  Good luck.  Don't be surprised if you get a low grade, as most college academics have strong liberal bias.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top