Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2001 2:42:56 PM EDT
worth as much as I'm being asked for down here?

It IS new, 20 rd magazines, case, and some goodies...

$2800.00!

Is this something realistic?  I'm about to buy a DSA SA48, but would like your opinion before I maka a purchase.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Jorge
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 2:48:38 PM EDT
[#1]
The SAR-8 is a springfiled copy of an HK-91
Some were built after the ban on aluminum recievers with an integral scope mount (for sure post ban), There are others that were made after the 89 import ban but before the 94 ban that were on greek recievers (I also think that some of the post94 rifles were made on the greek recivers but I'm not sure). They are pretty good rifles functionally probably identical to the originals (but obviously lacking collector value) The price is way too much in either case, you can get preban HK-91 in the 1800-2200 range a preban SAR-8 should be somewhat less than that, unless it has additions like the PSG-1 trigger pack or PSG-1 stocks or MSG-90 stocks etc.

If its a postban it should be around 1000

Hope that helps
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 7:19:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I purchased an SAR-8 for $950.00
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 7:25:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I see them in the range of what JIMBEAM paid.

JIMBEAM, how do you like yours? I was considering one or a DSArms.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 10:51:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Even for a preban sar-3 that was restamped sar-8 that is a very high price. You could get a NIB HK 91 for that price, which is the real mcoy. Look for <$1000 for a NIB postban or <$2000 for a preban and pass on that offer. I would get the Dsa, definitely.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 5:40:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Doggie

It's a sad story, I bought it 3 months ago and haven't fired it yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top