Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2001 4:05:14 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 4:20:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Great story.

I've had the pleasure of traveling to Nova Scotia several times on business.  The hospitality was always excellent.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 7:28:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 7:45:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Great story and an impressive amount of airplanes on the runways.

For some reason I keep picturing myself in a Corsair or P51 strafing the 'enemy' airplanes on the ground.  They sure are lined up pretty.   [:D]

[img]www.hiaa.ca/photo_collection/images/overview1.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 10:07:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Excellent story.

My wife and I spent 4th of July week touring Nova Scotia on our Harley's.  The folks we met were all very nice, though many seemed a bit reserved.  I wasn't sure if it was our mode of travel, or that we were Americans.

I have pic's of Yarmouth Harbor, Peggy's Cove and Cape Breton over my desk as I type.

It's good to here our northern neighbors are doing what they can to help.

One more observation.  I saw more Candadian flags flying in Nova Scotia than I have seen US flags here, even after the tragedy.  Obviously, more Canadians care for their country enough to show it.  It was the week of Canada Day, but still the percentage of homes with flags was far greater than you'd see in the US even on the 4th.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top