Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2001 6:35:27 PM EDT
That right, guys, bought them for $13 apiece, and that are NOT for sale[:D]!

I just thought I'd wheigh in to let you wish you had landed this killer deal on brand new Colt 20's. My dad and I bought them all, and each have 16 of them sitting on our desks.

Oh, for a digital camera... Suffice to say, never even inserted once, Spanking new magazines.

The really good part was when we told the guy selling them for $40 each at the gunshow about it.

"Well, they're idiots to sell them at $13 each" $40 mag man retorted.

"I know, but we still got them for $13!"

Gloating at people with overpriced magazines isn't really wrong, is it?[;D]

That is all, you may return to your regularly scheduled $20+ magazines.

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 6:52:02 PM EDT
[#1]
The penance for your gloating should be for you to sell them on the equipment exchange for $14.
[smoke]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 6:53:45 PM EDT
[#2]
You'll be smiling everytime you touch one of those mags! [:D]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 9:43:24 PM EDT
[#3]
 I've got you beat.  Not by much, but I have you beat.

$12.00, but I'll have to buy 15 mags to get that price.  Non-Colt USGI in 90%+.

Go hide yerself.  [:D]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 9:53:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 7:36:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Ummm, check those NIW Colt 20's very carefully for the LEO marking on the lower side of the mag, because that's exactly what the NIW LEO mags cost.

The preban 7/box mags that are floating around, are anywhere from $30-$40 each.

If these have the black plastic followers, you just bought a bunch of "restricted" mags.  If the folowers are aluminum alloy, then you just plain suck!
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 7:41:44 AM EDT
[#6]
hmmm, maybe he bought them as parts to replace parts on his old mags?  Could be!
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 6:09:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Gotcha ALL beat :)

I see 30's and 20's laying around all the time down at my Army Reserve Center... Of course I would NEVER take government property ;)

M.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 6:20:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ummm, check those NIW Colt 20's very carefully for the LEO marking on the lower side of the mag, because that's exactly what the NIW LEO mags cost.

The preban 7/box mags that are floating around, are anywhere from $30-$40 each.

If these have the black plastic followers, you just bought a bunch of "restricted" mags.  If the folowers are aluminum alloy, then you just plain suck!
View Quote

All alloy followers, they all have Colt AR15 markings, and are wrapped up in the USGI cellophane(not sure if that's original, but it's nice), and I figure that they're pretty old.

Yes, I just plain suck, Anti![;D]

And Prebans, these mags are %100. Not 90+. Collector's grade magazines.

Hide YERself!

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 6:48:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Friends, I hate to gloat, but the actual price for these "New In Wrapper 20 round Colt AR-15 Magazines" was actually [b]$12.91[/b] each, not the $13.00 that Juggernaut quoted in his previous post.  After a light wiping and oiling, they are AWESOME.

However since I was considering selling some of these New Mags, I couldn't possibly do so now since Juggernaut blabbed and told everyone what we paid for them.

Oh well, guess we'll have to keep em'[:D]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 7:12:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
And Prebans, these mags are %100. Not 90+. Collector's grade magazines.

Hide YERself!

Juggernaut
View Quote

Ehh...  At least I won't be afraid to use mine...  Umm, yeah.  That's it.  Yeah...  [:)]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 7:18:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh... we might put a few up on the top shelf, but take my word for it, most of them will see the inside of an AR mag well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top