Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2001 5:26:12 AM EDT
As I have been witness to the destruction and the horror of the past few days my heart is literally broken for those who lost their lives and especially for the husbands, wives, parents and children that were stolen from them by faceless cowards.

I have tried my best to take in as much coverage of this trajedy as has been possible.  Through this though, I have noted a spectacular transformation that has taken place within the [b]American People[/b].

The prayer services, the help centers, the volunteer groups, the donations and outpouring of concern has been overwhelming.  But, I have noticed something that I find even more precious and even more encouraging.

The [b]American People[/b] have bonded in a way that I have not experienced in my 35 years on this earth.  Flags fly everywhere.  On houses, mailboxes, from rooftops on the antennas of automobiles the symbol of the [b]American People[/b] stands proudly and it makes me proud to be an American.

Just last night during the nationwide call for a candlight service I saw poeple in my neighbrohood lighting candles in their yards.  Some were simply alone.  No big fanfare no crowds.  My family and I were part of a service at Pizza Hut.  Yep, Pizza Hut!  The employees and managers asked everyone to participate in a service outside.  We were given candles and we all stood outside to remember those lost, to remember to be thankful for our lives and to strengthen the resolve of the [b]American People[/b] in a way not seen in this land in hundreds of years.

I think the [b]American People[/b] have an opportuniuty afforded very very seldom to a Republic.  

We are of different races, religions, political affiliations, sexual preferences, backgrounds, mentalities, emotions and experiences but we all now share one thing in common; we want justice, healing and power restored to our great country.

Perhaps, just perhaps, out of the ashes of destruction, through the tears of broken hearts and souls will rise a stronger [b][American People[/b], a more sensitive [b]American People[/b] and a people more determined than ever before to protect, preserve and defend.

I truly feel that we are now one brotherhood, united in one cause desireing to serve only one purpose.

It is my hope and prayer for all [b]American People[/b] that this attitude of common ground and concern for our brother is only the beginning of the path to healing that we will travel for many, many years to come.

I just wanted to share what I feel this morning.  I view you all as my brothers and sisters and count it a priviledge to be a part of this forum.

God Bless and Keep You All!
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 5:46:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I too have felt that way, especially at tonights candle light ceremony.  I live on the corner of a busy street and starting at 7:30 people started pouring out of their houses one by one with lite candles.  Soon there were over 100 people with candles and flags signing patriotic songs.  I was stunned!!  It went on till about 12 midnight.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 6:41:02 AM EDT
[#2]
^
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 6:49:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Well said, X-K.
I have not seen so many American Flags flying since July 4 1976. I was 10 and had no real clue what Patriotism meant.

My Children have been raised differently.
They know now, more than ever what it means to be [b]AMERICAN[/b]

Del(armtheciviliansnow)marksman  [heavy]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top