Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2001 11:27:08 AM EDT
I am in need of an anonymous way to send an e-mail message. This need has nothing to do with anything illegal, instead it is work related. I need to be able to send an e-mail that cannot be traced back to me under any circumstances. Is Hotmail sufficient, or should I use a re-mailer service of some kind? The recipients are executives at a very large telecom firm so they will have the expertise to trace it if they really wanted to. I'm not so concerned about them tracing it as I am about the person who is the [b]subject[/b] of the e-mail tracing it and thus terminating me for being a whistle blower.
This person is not very competent, but I don't want to take an undue risk if I can avoid it.

So what is the best way of accomplishing this?

I give the floor to my tech-head brothers at arms......
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 11:30:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Why not just send a real piece of mail fedex from your own building.  Or just walk it upstairs and drop it under the door. If its a big enough company you wouldnt be recognized.

[beer]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 11:37:46 AM EDT
[#2]
The people I want to send it to are not located at my workplace so I can't just drop it under the door. Also, FedEx is closely scrutinized to make sure it is not used for personal shipments at company expense. Trust me, e-mail would be the best approach. I just need to get a little info to them, that's all.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 11:55:22 AM EDT
[#3]
hotmail is definitely not good enough.  You need a real anonymous remailer.  Look into Mixmaster.  [url]http://www.obscura.com/~loki/index.cgi[/url]

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 12:03:09 PM EDT
[#4]
OK, grab a fedex envelope, a fedex bill of laden, write your letter, and drop it off at a local fedex drop box. POW untraceable, just wear plastic gloves!

[beer]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 12:13:58 PM EDT
[#5]
USPS
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 1:28:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
hotmail is definitely not good enough.  You need a real anonymous remailer.  Look into Mixmaster.  [url]http://www.obscura.com/~loki/index.cgi[/url]

God Bless Texas
View Quote

Thanks!! That was exactly what I was looking for. Message sent. Monday morning should be VERY interesting!
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 3:15:25 PM EDT
[#7]
...also connections can be traced back to your IP address and hence the ISP and computer you have used.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 6:24:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Ever think of opening a Hotmail acct. from the library?
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 7:02:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Gus, care to tell your AR15.com brethren which stock it is we're supposed to short or buy?? [:D]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 10:46:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Gus, care to tell your AR15.com brethren which stock it is we're supposed to short or buy?? [:D]
View Quote

LOL!!!  Nothing that earthshaking. Just a dickhead director that must go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top