Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2001 2:39:27 PM EDT
News just announced that all flights have again been grounded.  Two Arabic men were caught trying to board a flight (apparently with something to hijack it with).  

Link Posted: 9/13/2001 2:42:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Let's wait to see if these were actual terrorists or a couple of Arab-Americans with a set of plastic flatware in their carry-on bag.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 2:42:31 PM EDT
[#2]
What Network! Was it at JFK? Is that why they shut JFK, LaGuarida and Newark back down?
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 2:43:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Has this been confirmed? What news station? When? What Airport? East or West Coast?
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 2:44:08 PM EDT
[#4]
God, I hope it wasn't a couple of guys who just forgot to remove the Leatherman from their carry-on.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 2:44:39 PM EDT
[#5]
It was at JFK, their tickets were dated 9-11.  I'm guessing their flight was grounded before they were able to take it over, or it never took off(on tuesday).  Don't know as of yet why they were detained.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 2:45:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 2:49:47 PM EDT
[#7]
New York Post is now confirming that two people have been arrested at JFK and three at LaGuardia with forged documents identifying them as pilots
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 2:50:33 PM EDT
[#8]
feed em' to fire ants.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 2:51:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Talk about stupidity.  Glad they are dumb.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 2:57:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I cant beleve that they would try to continue the attack. They were supposed to be coming for flights that had been supposed to leave tuesday morning, but were amongst the 30% of US domestic flights that depart late every day. They didnt get off before airport was shut down.

Now given the bad on-time records of US airlines you had to expect that they had extra teams to ensure that they got enough planes in the air at the right time.  Now why they tried to go ahead again today is beyond reason.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 2:57:24 PM EDT
[#11]
[url]www.cnn.com/2001/US/09/13/america.attack/[/url]

FBI sources say three people were detained for questioning after trying to purchase tickets at JFK Airport. The sources said the individuals' names registered some kind of alert.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 3:07:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Just on Fox News Network.

2 Saudis arrested at JFK with fake documents iding them as pilots

Laguardia: 3 Arabs with fake documents as airlines flight crew arrested

Newark: 2 Men arested on a Saudi National Airlines aircraft that had been delayed in Canada and just arrived this morning. They were on the INS WATCH list.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 3:18:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just on Fox News Network.

2 Saudis arrested at JFK with fake documents iding them as pilots

Laguardia: 3 Arabs with fake documents as airlines flight crew arrested

Newark: 2 Men arested on a Saudi National Airlines aircraft that had been delayed in Canada and just arrived this morning. They were on the INS WATCH list.
View Quote

Right on target!  

Just heard it on Fox News.

Apparently this is just the beginning.

Please take the time to read this article:

[url]www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2001/9/13/93136.shtml[/url]

I have 2 suggestions:

1.  Everyone living near a major metropolitan area should have the essential preparedness supplies.

(remember "Y2K" ?)

A great place to start is:

[url]www.asod.org[/url]

Forget those crappy Israeli civilian gas masks.
They are surplus for a good reason!

2.  Maybe we should have Goatboy set up some kind of encrypted database of user contact information.????   Optional of course!

This way we can avoid the whole "Is NYShooter ok" panic situation in the event anything occurs in the future.

Damn..  I was a wreck worrying about him and Waverunner and I've never even met 'em !

I have a strange feeling that this is just the beginning of alot of bad things to come our way.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 3:33:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Two Indian nationals were arrested at the AmTrak Station in Fort Worth yesterday. I posted a thread on 'suspicious men arrested in Ft Worth.'  It appears that they were on a flight from Newark NJ to LAX, when their plane was diverted to St. Louis.

They then bought tickets on AmTrak to go to San Antonio, then on to El Paso!

Heck, I thought they were going to L.A.!

Eric The(Suspicious,Indeed)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 5:34:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Eric

Isn't El Paso on the border??  Hmmmmmm  Maybe they were just lost.  Perhaps these suspects will get to spend some quality time in a prison cell with  Ben D. Over.  Hope they don't hit there heads on the door frame several times getting in and out of the car.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top