Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/13/2001 12:01:58 AM EDT
Over the past two days, some unrest between Aussies and Muslims. You must understand I am only passing this on, and not trying to start anything. After Muslims publically celebrated the attack in Lakemba and Villawood yesterday (school aged kids were seen dancing around too), it sickened us so much that some people took the law into their own hands vandalising two buildings, and trying to set one on fire. All info courtesy of 2UE radio AM954 As an Australian, I am sorry to report such things from our own city, but you and the rest of the public have the right to know. The enemy is here too, sleeping and waiting. In near by Auburn slogans on fences in spray paint said 'Victory to the East' and Die Americans Die' Is'nt that sickening! This is Australia, but the bleeding hearts had to be politically correct allowing these people to migrate here. I am not saying all of them are bad, but the bad are getting the press, and the whole lot of them have been smeared with shit. What do we do? What would you do?
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 12:29:08 AM EDT
1. I would say try to get the govt. to see the error in their ways (good luck). 2. Give everyone the benefit of the doubt and at least one chance or two. 3. Those who are proven assholes, deal with them swiftly and harshly. My $.02
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 12:45:58 AM EDT
Thanks Matt
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 2:08:15 AM EDT
Bus with Muslim children stoned in Australia in apparent retaliation attack The Associated Press 9/13/01 3:42 AM BRISBANE, Australia (AP) -- A school bus carrying Muslim children was stoned in apparent retaliation for terrorist attacks in the United States, officials said Thursday. Queensland state Islamic Council chairman Sultan Deen said stones and bottles damaged the side of the bus Wednesday in the northeastern city of Brisbane. Nobody was injured. "The children are quite shaken up," Deen said. He said public outrage over the U.S. attacks has also led to abusive phone calls to mosques. Suspicion for the attacks has fallen on Saudi terror suspect Osama bin Laden, who is thought to be living in Afghanistan. "It is very disturbing. They are saying things like, `You will be held responsible' and `We'll get you,"' Deen said. Defense Minister Peter Reith said three Australians were confirmed dead in Tuesday's attack on the World Trade Center in New York, but he expected the number to rise. "We have little doubt that we will need to brace ourselves for more," he said. Meanwhile, pro-Islamic slogans were daubed on a building in Melbourne's central business district overnight, police said. The Chairman of the Islamic Council of Victoria, Yasser Soliman, said the Muslim community was shocked and appalled by the terror attacks. "Terrorism, the killing of innocent people, is a crime against God and against humanity," Soliman said in a statement.
Top Top