Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2001 10:06:15 AM EDT
Found this on the web the other day....Seems the cops took away some of his guns, one being an AR, after some domestic dispute with Courtney love (wife). I had read in an article years ago in which Cobain said that him owning guns was a big source of friction in his marriage. He also said he loved to shoot his AR-15- that it was," a lot of fun." He also made no apologies for owning guns.

[img]www.thesmokinggun.com/kurt/art/kcjune1.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 10:19:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow, I had no idea Curt Kobain owned guns, other than the one that he used to blow his head off.  Of course, I blame Courtney Love for that.  I think anyone could be driven to kill either themselves or her if they had to live with her and her crap.

Still, cool to know he owned an AR.  I wonder what happened to it.  Probably a heck of a collecters item if it's still around.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 10:25:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Once again, the gun gets the blame, but I think drugs and Courteny Love were more the cause if you ask me. A tragic loss, who revolutionized music.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 10:49:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 10:54:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Never trust a guy who owns more than one .380.

I used to be a huge fan of Nirvana. He was a liberal, a big one.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 11:23:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Damn! Did not know this. Going to have to rethink my opinion of the guy now.

View Quote

Same here. It just got worse.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 11:36:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Never trust a guy who owns more than one .380.

I used to be a huge fan of Nirvana. He was a liberal, a big one.
View Quote

I, like Kurt, used to be a liberal. That's where that similarity ends, however. So, he was a big-time liberal who made no apologies for having guns, eh? Liked to have his cake and eat it, too, like a lot of his show biz pals....

I still think Courtney offed him, no matter what his politics were.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 12:34:59 PM EDT
[#7]
[img]web-comm.com/ar15/publicity-gun.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 12:37:32 PM EDT
[#8]
RBAD, you beat me to it! I thought everyone had seen this...
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 1:01:41 PM EDT
[#9]
He lived in Seattle, he sang depressing as hell music, he did drugs, he was married to a skank looking gal,,, he committed suicide. Big suprise. Shocked the hell outta me...NOT.

So he was a liberal who believed in owning guns. Big deal. I'm a conservative who thinks the tobacco industry should be shut down. I still think everybody has the right to smoke just not anything from those plotting drug pushers. I also think they ought to kick the asses of the chemical companies for pumping all the crap into the air that we breath. I'm a conservative but I have no dillusions about the republican party's agenda on some things. They'll give you all the propaganda about how the levels are so low and it doesn't really hurt anything but they are full of crap. They wouldn't be telling you any of that stuff if they weren't getting their pockets lined by the industries. Politicians suck, no matter what side they're on.

But I digress, I've got a couple of Nirvana CDs. I can listen to the stuff without offing myself, but then I don't live in Seattle (the nations suicide capital).
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 1:28:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 4:37:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
[img]web-comm.com/ar15/publicity-gun.jpg[/img]
View Quote

Something strange looking about that gun. Is it really an AR?
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 4:55:35 PM EDT
[#12]
He only weighed 110 pounds? Maybe after he blew his head off.. A JUICE SOAKED white T shirt??

Link Posted: 9/5/2001 5:07:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 5:15:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I saw a 2 hour docementary on his death.
the Detective in charge of the investigation was a friend of courtany love. and the shotgun used was awkwardly long for blowing your own brains out, there was a bunch of other convincing evidence that it wasn't a suicide
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 6:44:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Yes, that's a Crossman AR-17 BB Gun.  I fell in love with the AR15 when I was a kid, and got one of those for christmas from my parents when I was 8 or 9.  My little brother still has it, and it still works.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 8:11:21 PM EDT
[#16]
I saw a website several months ago, (can't find it now :( ) which had at least 5 photos of him with a gun in his mouth.
I think he had a fascination with suicide by gun. And eventually carried it out.

Regards,
Sharps
Link Posted: 9/6/2001 12:26:18 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't own any Nirvana CDs but I got a shitload of their MP3s [:P]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top