Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2001 2:20:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 2:28:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Dial 911 and inform the dispatcher of your address and that bullets are being shot into your house. She will inform the officers via the radio. Hang up and call your lawyer.
Before this thread continues let us just say that anyone that pipes up that they would shoot back is an idiot.
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 2:30:30 PM EDT
[#2]
1.Grab your cordless
2.cover your family with your body
3.call the authorities and tell them that they are firing on the wrong friggin' house.
4.Do not fire back as that will provoke a response which will be against the best wishes of your family and well being.
5.call your lawyer

Alex

Please no flames as this was the first thing to come into my mind
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 2:33:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 2:42:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 3:04:41 PM EDT
[#5]
why would they shoot the house for no reason?
i mean you don't just start shooting at a house unless you're on acid and that house is gonna attack you
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 3:12:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Wayne Martin called 911 when his home and famliy were being fired upon. He was subsequently killed when they burned his house down.
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 3:15:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 3:15:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Depends what was on the tube at the time.If it was crappy......Get wife and kids to hard cover,i.e. basement.Arm up,in case the bad guys want in.Call 911.Shooting at cops would have to be a last resort.I would have to be certain that they were intentionally trying to kill me and mine.Provoking a response that places my family in jepoardy is not on the menu.
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 3:17:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 3:18:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Do not fire on the cops!Wrong or right,you will legally be in the wrong if you do.
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 3:25:24 PM EDT
[#11]
I would try to call the cop to tell them to stop shooting my house and then I would sue them.
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 3:31:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah I agree, dial 911, etc... Now if one of my kids or wife was hit, there would be hell to pay and I would be the collector. No amount of money would quench my thirst for LEO blood at that point.

Link Posted: 9/4/2001 4:28:06 PM EDT
[#13]
I mean even if one of the incompetent morons killed of the gang by accident before I could get them to safety,this would not justify the rest of them burning to death while still alive as a result.Perhaps another tactic might be to (1) Wait(2) Plan (3) Slaughter his WHOLE family in front of him,and leave him alive,although paralyzed from the neck down.Doesn't your book say something about an eye for an eye Garandman?
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 5:26:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Wayne Martin called 911 when his home and famliy were being fired upon. He was subsequently killed when they burned his house down.
View Quote

I probably should know this already, but . . . who was Wayne Martin?
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 5:38:19 PM EDT
[#15]
I see no reason to be concerned. LE knows what their doing. Besides the guy next door is a BG so any collateral damage can be easily explained away.
Link Posted: 9/4/2001 5:42:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 5:01:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Put a gun on your own head and say "Stop shooting or I will kill myself!"

Anyone watched Mel Brooks "Blazing Saddle?"
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 5:27:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Are they yelling, "All your guns are belong to us"

I'd go down to the basement and like everyone else said...  call 911.   Open up the safe and get a shotgun too, just in case.

Link Posted: 9/5/2001 5:35:55 AM EDT
[#19]
1- Immediately proceed to find cover or safely escape

2- Resist extreme urge to fire back (I'm an LEO and would be tremendously pissed off if my house was fired upon). DO NOT RETURN FIRE!!!

3- Dial 911, explain to operator/dispatcher that uniformed officers are shooting at your house. Give address. Give specific description of yourself to operator (Why?-hopefully the officers will be able to identify you as the 911 caller/complainant and not the bad guy-END Of Object Attempt-
ive) Think about how you're going to spend the $$$ you get from this lawsuit.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 6:08:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Maybe one of the lawyers can answer this, but I seem to remember a case that happen in New York City (state?) where police broke in on the wrong man and started shooting.  He returned fire and killed some of the LEO's.  He was tried and found not guilty.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 6:49:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 7:33:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Exactly as Waverunner says, plus:

-document the problem.  Take pictures, take video footage.  Note times, recording locations, etc.  Keep back from the windows and try to remain behind cover.

-Tie a white bedsheet to a stick.  Advise the 911 operator that you will be venturing out under the white flag to make an arrest of what appears to be an officer who has fired at your dwelling.  Request an immediate cease fire.  Request that police take the officer into custody - they likely won't.

-If they do not visibly arrest an officer who has been shooting at your dwelling, advance to the position of an officer you have observed and recorded f*cking up in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Exercise caution but let's face it, the bg probably either isn't shooting, won't shoot at you or just can't shoot straight.  If the police shoot at someone who is under a white flag and who has advised emergency operators of his intentions, they'd better have a good reason - if they shoot at you at that point you may use the minimum level of force necessary.  If not, state loudly "You are under arrest", make an arrest for assault pursuant to your authority under CC S.494 (authority/legality may vary if you're not in Canada) and deliver the crazed gunman into the capable hands of his fellow officers.  Don't stick around to chat.  Record badge #s, car #s, positions, etc.  Retreat to your house.  Call 911 to report your actions and the number/name of the arrested officer.  Call your lawyer, notify the media.

Edited for a laundry list of spelling/grammar errors.  And to make it nicer for sensitive ears.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 8:00:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
What if the shooting doesn't stop after you call 911, and then one of your children or your wife is killed by random police gunfire, then what would you do?
View Quote

That's a question worth repeating.  What if it
doesn't stop after the 911 call, and now your
[b]FAMILY[/b] is taking rounds - not just your
house?  What then?

Whether some on the board think this makes me
an idiot - I know what I'd do in this situation.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 8:08:42 AM EDT
[#24]
I can't wait to see the South Park episode on this one.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 8:10:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
(btw - garandman and Garand_Shooter are two different people.  I know it's hard to tell, because the only sign of it is that their names are completely different)
View Quote

DK -

ROTLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/5/2001 8:12:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
(btw - garandman and Garand_Shooter are two different people.  I know it's hard to tell, because the only sign of it is that their names are completely different)
View Quote

DK -

ROTLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/5/2001 8:14:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What if the shooting doesn't stop after you call 911, and then one of your children or your wife is killed by random police gunfire, then what would you do?
View Quote

house?  What then?

View Quote

Well, would you rather be judged bt 12, or carried by six????
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 8:40:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

house?  What then?

View Quote

Well, would you rather be judged bt 12, or carried by six????
View Quote

[:D]

-kid
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 10:13:46 AM EDT
[#29]
If the police where shooting my house and at my familly I would be very tempted to shoot back, but then I would remember the time that a robber entered a mans house and was shot and the man defending his house was put in jail. Or the time a robber broke into a house and got bit by a dog and was able to sue the owner of the house for not having a sign wrote "Beware of dog". Yah In Canada the only legal choice I would have is to either shoot myself or stick my head up to get shot first and not have to watch my familly die.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 10:21:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
who was Wayne Martin?
View Quote

He was, emphasis on [b]was[/b], David Koresh's best friend and closest confidant at the Branch Davidian home/church in Waco, Texas.
View Quote

Thanks, Beek.  Eep!

(Sorry, had to insert a bit of comic relief after reading that.)
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 10:40:20 AM EDT
[#31]
911, FOLLOWED BY A CALL TO THE MEDIA, THEN MY LAWYER.

DaMan
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 11:03:42 AM EDT
[#32]
How do you know they are real cops?!?!  I guess if they have a cruiser with lights flashing, maybe.

I would definitely find cover for the family and tell them to dial 911, make my way to my .45acp and AR-15 if possible, and shoot any cop that entered my house before being stopped by the dispatch.

If you enter my home without a warrant and are threating my family's well being...I have a justified shooting.  AND, I will sue his ass posthumously (not to mention the department, city, state, and gun manufacturers!!!).

J/K about the gun manufacturer.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 11:16:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Seen as how I now have M-134s mounted on the gargoyles of my manor with heat-sensing targeting, I would resist the urge to just mow them down, and would instead call them and 'plain things to the idiots.  Then if they push their luck, they would get their legs chewed off by my GEs.

Seriously, I think I would call 911 after getting my family on the ground and crawling the brick basement.  We would put on the gas masks and I would get them to lay on the floor.  Then if rounds still came, I would pity anybody that tried to enter the basement.

Ice
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 11:31:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I probably should know this already, but . . . who was Wayne Martin?
View Quote

Wayne Martin was a Branch Davidian who called 911 as the jack booted thugs came to burn the place down and kill the children.[*]

God Bless Texas

Don't even try and tell me that the BATF, knowing that there were kids inside, didn't fully intend to kill some children by firing upon that compound, which they knew contained kids.  If they really wanted Koresh, they could have gotten him when he was jogging or in town.  A total clusterfuck, and as a tax paying citizen, I cannot forgive the way the incident was handled and what the BATF did.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 11:51:25 AM EDT
[#35]
If a LEO shot my children then his days would be numbered.  There would be no limit to my wrath and fury.  I am a patient man.  It might take years, but I certainly would not rely on the justice system to handle it.  The events of Ruby Ridge certainly aren't encouraging if you expect justice to be served by the courts.  And no amount of monetary damages would ever replace my children, or provide adequate satisfaction.

God Bless Texas
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top