Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2001 6:38:51 AM EDT
How much do preban FAL's go for?  Anyone know where to find some for sale?

I'm doing some research for a friend (and to satisfy my own curiosity -- not to mention he may let me get my grubby paws on it) and don't know all the much about FAL's.  Is there anything he should be looking for in preban FAL's?

TIA
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 6:45:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Depends on the gun condition.  A good FN FAL condition can run from $2,000.00 to $3,000.00
I have my eyes on a FN FAL PARA 50.63 for $3,000.00 (don't have the money yet).
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 7:19:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Here's one on sale in the FAL Files Market section:

[url]http://www.l1a1.com/cgi-bin/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=006069[/url]

Check Gunsamerica.com for more items.
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 8:08:29 AM EDT
[#3]
FAL's were kind of scarce prior to the ban.  They existed, but even back them they were $1500 or more.  Finding one these days is certanly possible but be prepared to spend cubic dollars to get one.  The difference in price between pre and post bans FAL's is even greater than with AR's.  Much smaller market.

They're neat guns and I've always wnated one.  I could never swallow the price tag tho.

Link Posted: 8/31/2001 8:39:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Check out http://www.l1a1.com for all the info. I've seen some pre-ban Argi's go fpr just under 2k. With today's super nice DSA's and some of the Arizona gunsmith's like Arizona Response Systems, I find it hard to justify the price gap in the pre and post bans. I have an ARS (Arizona Response Systems) and love it. Always wanted one years ago, but even before the ban the origials were very very pricey, today I can have one.

Bill

Happiness ia a warm gun...
Bang bang, shoot shoot...
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 9:07:31 AM EDT
[#5]
There's a FAL HBAR in the FS forum right now.
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 10:13:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Give strong consideration to a post ban DSA FAL.
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 10:20:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Unless you're a collector.  I couldn't see myself spending $2000 or a pre-ban.

Only difference I see are is no flash supressor and bayonet lug.

If you build it yourself, you have a  FAL for approximately 500.
Is the flash Suppressor and the Bayonet lug worth that much?
Link Posted: 8/31/2001 11:30:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Unless you're a collector.  I couldn't see myself spending $2000 or a pre-ban.

Only difference I see are is no flash supressor and bayonet lug.

If you build it yourself, you have a  FAL for approximately 500.
Is the flash Suppressor and the Bayonet lug worth that much?
View Quote

You can also buy a sidefolder kit for a preban.  Side-folding FALs are way cool. [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top