Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2001 10:33:30 AM EDT
I want to get a new accessory for my ar... now that I finally have my tele-stock installed.  Should I go with an ACOG sight or a reflex sight???  Which one will I get more use out of when I go on all of those spec ops missions...hehe
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 10:40:26 AM EDT
[#1]
What are you going to use it for? The Reflex is good for quick target acquisition. The ACOG scopes are great for sniping. I recieved an ACOG scope by mistake a while back. I almost kept it, they are sooooooo nice! They have bullet drop markers inside the reticle and everything. But I needed a close range sight, so I went with the Reflex 2. The price difference was quite a bit more too. 2x+
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 10:46:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I was just about to post a similar question. I'm looking for info on the Reflex. I want to hit 0-300 meters and I'd like the triangle(12.5 MOA I think?) reticle. Which Reflex is this? Would a smaller reticle be better?

Thanx

Sherm
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 10:55:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I would say that the reflex would be more likely to fulfill my needs... any long distance sniping I might have to do would be done by my M1A...

How much do the reflex sites usually go for???
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 11:12:36 AM EDT
[#4]
About $300.00 + or -, do some shopping around.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 11:34:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey Sherm, I think the one you're looking for is the RX06 model, with the 12.5 MOA triangle.  I own one, and it's been great so far.  Put the tip on a target out at 300 meters, bang.  For close up, just throw any part of the triangle on target and bang, got 'em.  All you have to figure out is what kind of mount you need.  And NO batteries!

-RyanG
[flag]
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 11:42:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Oh, and I got mine from SWFA for less than $330 shipped with mount and extra lens covers.  I recommend going through them, but check if it's in stock.

-RyanG
[flag]
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 12:36:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a 3xACOG and a 12.5 Reflex.

For CQB, you would want the Reflex.  Acquisition is incredibly quick and you do not have to worry about stock weld.  It is not so great for shooting at medium to long ranges, but you could probably hit a man-sized target at 300 yards most of the time.

The ACOG is incredibly bright and clear.  It would be OK for very close ranges.  You can aim with both eyes open.  You have to be a little conscious of cheeck weld, but the ACOG is pretty forgiving.  It is much better than the Reflex for medium to long range shooting.  I find that it is easier to both find and hit targets.

Get quick-detach mounts that repeat zero, because you will probably end up getting both optics.

I have had good luck with [url]www.sableco.com[/url].
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 12:39:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Shoot a Reflex II (12.5 moa triangle) on a Bushmaster A3 Dissipator.

Exceptionally well built and very easy target accquisition.  Tip works perfectly for precision work.

Got mine from [url]www.dsarms.com[/url]
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 12:56:28 PM EDT
[#9]
ACOG.
Link Posted: 8/30/2001 1:08:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I've never messed with the ACOG.

But I can tell you that I LOVE my Reflex II. There is no faster way to acquire a target.

Best gun sight I own. And I own quite a few.

Link Posted: 8/30/2001 6:33:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I own a Trijicon Reflex II w/ a 12 MOA Amber triangle recticle and have found no other optic that is as versitile, especially for about $300.  I can shoot on the move, or engage multiple targets fairly easily.  Using the tip of the triangle, I get very acceptable accuracy, while covering the target with the entire triangle at closer ranges, produces continuous hits, at lightning speed.  Although I'd love to get an ACOG, the eye relief on them is a bit short and the price tag is very unforgiving.  If I ever stop purchasing guns, perhaps one day I'll own an ACOG too?!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top