Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2001 6:08:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 6:10:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you boys in Alabama still got lynching down to a fine art?  If so, I'M IN!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 6:18:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Not really trying to be an ass here,[i]but[/i] last I heard a person was innocent until proven guilty.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 6:21:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, but it won't matter.

The Power Elite and the Rich & Famous are virtually untouchable today.  They don't follow the rules we lowly plebes have to follow.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 6:24:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 6:36:51 AM EDT
[#5]
The Condit story is on every channel. On every newscast. Is this story even that important? There hasn't been any "new" facts. Can't the media just stop this shit? He isn't my congressman so this story is not relavant to me.
Seems to me they need to concentrate more on what is going on in the world more specifically the middle east where any islamic extremist is ready to turn into a walking bomb.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 6:37:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Not really trying to be an ass here,but last I heard a person was innocent until proven guilty.
View Quote

He looks guilty...acts...and smells guilty...

GET THE ROPE!
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 6:40:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 6:43:23 AM EDT
[#8]
AR_RIFLE has assualt rifles, and bomb making materials in his basement.

He won't admitt it though, watch.

News at 11.

Link Posted: 8/24/2001 6:48:29 AM EDT
[#9]
That's right and Halfcocked is my partner! He got me all this stuffs!
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 6:48:54 AM EDT
[#10]
We are of all people should be very careful on believing you read in the general news media. Remmeber these are the same talking heads(dummies, media elitist etc) who brought you "..shot with a 380 magnum," or "..a 40mm handgun." I am personally not a supporter of most Democrats from Calif., but I think the news media is upset because Gary Condit has not answered any of the media's accusations, and so what the news media don't know, they just kind of fill-in with speculation. Of course other news organizations pick up this speculation and report it as news. If you notice the media is fascinated with Condit's sexual relationship with Chandra Levy, and her disappearance is sort of secondary. To the media this is like a daytime soap opera in real life. Power and a sex, sells a lot of news papers and gets a lot of viewers.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 7:29:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
We are of all people should be very careful on believing you read in the general news media. Remmeber these are the same talking heads(dummies, media elitist etc) who brought you "..shot with a 380 magnum," or "..a 40mm handgun." I am personally not a supporter of most Democrats from Calif., but I think the news media is upset because Gary Condit has not answered any of the media's accusations, and so what the news media don't know, they just kind of fill-in with speculation. Of course other news organizations pick up this speculation and report it as news. If you notice the media is fascinated with Condit's sexual relationship with Chandra Levy, and her disappearance is sort of secondary. To the media this is like a daytime soap opera in real life. Power and a sex, sells a lot of news papers and gets a lot of viewers.
View Quote

You hit the nail on the head here.  Connie Chung was definitely more interested in the details of the sexual relationship...asked him several times over...only asked him once if the knew what happened to Chandra Levy.

Sex & violence definitely increase ratings & sell more papers.

Link Posted: 8/24/2001 7:32:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Reconxl,

Are you out of your mind?  He is a congressman, he votes on bills which become law over *you* and yours.

Sure, he can get away with killing a chippie every now and then, there are perks to the office.

But who gives a rats ass over suicide bombers in some foreign country?

Link Posted: 8/24/2001 7:34:37 AM EDT
[#13]
I thought it was Chandra Levy who blew it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 7:48:54 AM EDT
[#14]
I thought Connie Chung was the loser of that one.  She really looked like a moron.  "Did you kill Chandra Levy?"  Really!  

Everyone knew what Condit was going to say, but here is Connie Chung trying to walk a fine line between nailing Condit and not trying to bring up memories of Bill Clinton.  She failed miserably, and thus highlighted a striking hypocrisy.  

The whole group of questions were utterly reminicient of Bill Clintons grand jury testimony and everyone saw it.  I would not want to be in her shoes today.  She got rattled easily, and stuttered with frustration often.  She blew it plain and simple.

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman", "I never asked anyone to lie".

Of course I can't stand Gary Condit, but really, what do you expect?  He is slime.  He is a member of congress trying to cover his ass.  That makes it easy for people to hate him.  The media however has him tagged as a "Conservative" Democrat, and thus fair game.

I would like to see some attention on Ted Kennedy as well as most other congressional Democrats as well.

Edited for Spelling
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 7:51:52 AM EDT
[#15]
What was that quote again?  Something like:

"When roll is called on Capitol Hill, the elected officials don't know whether to respond 'PRESENT!' or 'NOT GUILTY!'"
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 7:52:36 AM EDT
[#16]
the bad part is democraps forgive people who lie, matter of fact they encourage lying
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 7:53:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You hit the nail on the head here.  Connie Chung was definitely more interested in the details of the sexual relationship...asked him several times over...only asked him once if the knew what happened to Chandra Levy.
Sex & violence definitely increase ratings & sell more papers.
View Quote

This is the "spin" that is going on in the Condit/Levy mdia story for the past few weeks, did Condit have sex with Levy not what happend to her.  I didn't watch the interview with Connie Chung, but of the couple of sound bites I did see, we didn't know anymore info on what happen to Chandra Levy than before the interview.  A total waste of my time, but as someone said earlier, but a bunch of other sheeple watched with undivided interest on what Condit personally knew.  My take on this Chandra Levy disappearance, she was probably kidnaped by a sexual predator and murdered; like she left her door open to her place and someone walked in on her, or she was walking to the corner drug store, and got kidnaped right off the street. Just a random act of violence in the 100% banned handgun "safe" streets of utopian Wash. DC., the murder capital of the U.S.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 9:53:58 AM EDT
[#18]
NYwshooter brought up a very good point.
"the bad part is democraps forgive people who lie, matter of fact they encourage lying". I live up wind of Conditcountry and I still smell the crap being spewed by his supporters.  I think if someone was able to prove he was guilty, his supportes would still vote for him.  Liberals are strange people.  

Larry

Link Posted: 8/24/2001 10:04:34 AM EDT
[#19]
In my humble opinion, I have to agree with BeerSlayer, Condit did not do it but knows who did..or knows more than he is telling. The reason for my opinion is that how in the world could she just totally disappear. If it were a rapist, serial killer, etc it would seem there would be a body found by now. But then again, who am I to know.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 10:17:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Reconxl,

Are you out of your mind?  He is a congressman, he votes on bills which become law over *you* and yours.

Sure, he can get away with killing a chippie every now and then, there are perks to the office.

But who gives a rats ass over suicide bombers in some foreign country?

View Quote

This is there congressman and what they want to do with them is their buisness not mine.
Did I elect him, hell no? So even if I did give a shit, it wouldn't matter.

I give a rats ass over suicide bombers in some foreign country because, if the situation warrants intervention I want to know. I don't want to know who Condit had an affair with.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 11:09:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Yeah, this Condit fellow wasn't elected from MY congressional district either, but the problem remains that he is still a [b]United States Congressman[/b] who is privileged to vote on every issue that effects our Country!  He represents [u]all[/u] of us to some degree! He sits on committees, doesn't he?  Does his vote count any less in committee?

His vote counts as much in the final talley just as much as YOUR congresscritter's vote does!

Eric The(KeepingAllThingsInPerspective)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 11:21:56 AM EDT
[#22]

You know what committes this fine and upstanding mysogenist sits on, don't you ReconXl?

You don't think he isn't trying to figure out a poor mans "wag the dog" as we speak?  

And with his skeletons rattling around, you don't think that he isn't *RIPE* for blackmail from a foreign government?

Suicide bombers are good for little else than the nights entertainment.  This guy directly affects your way of life.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 11:31:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 11:32:01 AM EDT
[#24]
DC police should have dragged his ass into a Grand Jury months ago. A Grand Jury is the only way Condit is going to answer questions.

I watched the interview. One thing that struck me. Whenever Condit was asked questions that only he and Chandra are a party to he had very specific answers.   "we never discussed that, she never told me this".etc. HE KNOWS SHE IS DEAD AND CANNOT CONTRADICT HIM.

Whenever he was asked questions about conversations with living people (Mr/Mrs Levy for example) suddenly there are 'misunderstandings' or he won't discuss it.

DID I MENTION CONDIT KNOWS CHANDRA IS DEAD?

I wonder how he knows that?

Link Posted: 8/24/2001 11:32:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 11:42:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Connie Chung is pals with Grey (sp?) Davis.  Davis is the Gov. of California.  He is also pals w/Condit.  Chung is going to hve a plum moderator position in a prominant upcoming Democratic event in California.  Given these circumstances, I think the fact she did not actually go down on him in the interview shows she is a professional and has great restraint.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 12:10:34 PM EDT
[#27]
if it were my kid 2 minutes with a pair of pliers and a small ball peen hammer would have all the info Mr COndit had.

Whats up with the Levy father?  Falling over himself to shake this snakes hand.

Link Posted: 8/24/2001 12:29:04 PM EDT
[#28]
I hear theres a rumor floating around Kali that he (Condit) had the "81's" do her.
View Quote

Who are the "81's"?
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 2:11:57 PM EDT
[#29]
I only watched a part of the interview, but a friend has it on tape.  From what I saw, if he did not kill Chandra, he had it done or knows who did.  He was too slick and evasive to be 100% innocent.  He is definitely hiding something.

If it looks lika a duck, quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck...  I am not saying we can convict him on sheer circumstance, but he is an elected official and should be accountable to the Levy family.  I can't believe anybody still supports him.  Out of all of the Democrats in Modesto, is there nobody else more qualified to serve in Congress than Condit?  I suspect that if the Massad got Condit alone in a room, after a few hours of "persuasion" they would know how she was killed and where the body is buried.

[url]www.condidit.com[/url]
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 3:36:02 PM EDT
[#30]
[b]Connie Chung:[/b]  Do you find your situation similar the one faced by Bill Clinton?
[b]Gary Condit:[/b]   Close, but no cigar

[b]Connie Chung:[/b]  When was the last time you saw Chandra Levy?
[b]Gary Condit:[/b]   The last time I saw her was when I asked OJ Simpson to drive her home.

[b]Connie Chung:[/b]   The police want to give you a lie detector test conducted by the FBI.  Will you do it?
[b]Gary Condit:[/b]    Why should I?  I've already had a trial and found myself not guilty.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 3:48:01 PM EDT
[#31]
The truth is in the eyes.Need I say anything else?
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 3:56:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Klinton and Kondit both screwed up. Should've had Teddy Kennedy drive them home(the Bimbo's) Too bad he knew how to swim. Perhaps what he is made of floats...
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 4:03:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You know what committes this fine and upstanding mysogenist sits on, don't you ReconXl?

You don't think he isn't trying to figure out a poor mans "wag the dog" as we speak?  

And with his skeletons rattling around, you don't think that he isn't *RIPE* for blackmail from a foreign government?

Suicide bombers are good for little else than the nights entertainment.  This guy directly affects your way of life.
View Quote

I didn't elect him. Therfore I have no say on what happens to him. If my congressman started screwing interns then I will let my case be known. I only vote in the State of Texas, not in Cali. Bitching about Condit from my standpoint is yelling into the wind....
Link Posted: 8/25/2001 9:08:42 AM EDT
[#34]
  He is innocent until proven guilty. If he was completely innocent he would have sung a long time ago. He has been waiting to see if the body was found and trying to figure out how to say "I am a victim to".

He is not my Congressman so I don't care. He votes on issues for you and your family irregardless of where you live and if you do not care what he does you don't care about morales or what happens to your country.

Everyone needs to think of being in Levy's situation. If you don't give a damn about their daughter then you also must not give a damn if it was your daughter, sister, niece or other family member. Whether she was 4 or 24 she was still used by a married man 30 yrs. older than her. His only concern was relieving himself with her. Plain and simple,"She was used for his sexual pleasure". And you don't care?

He didn't kill her(to much of a puss). I'll bet all my firearms that he isn't as innocent as he wants you to believe. Now I will shut up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top