Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2001 9:39:19 PM EDT
News Photos:
[img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20010823/capt.998624920mideast_israel_palestinians_lon105.jpg[/img] An 11-year-old Israeli boy receives medical treatment in this image from television after being seriously wounded Thursday, Aug. 23, 2001, in the divided West Bank city of Hebron, by a bullet fired from a Palestinian neighborhood, settlers said. The bullet passed through his brother's hand and hit the boy in the chest. (AP Photo/APTN - IBA)

[img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20010823/imdf23082001150914a.jpg[/img] The seriously injured 11-year old son of Jewish settlers, who was hit by bullets during an exchange of fire between Palestinian gunmen and Israeli soldiers, is taken to a Jerusalem hospital August 23, 2001. Six Palestinians and two Israelis were wounded when fighting erupted in the divided West Bank city of Hebron, the latest of a series of violent incidents that have overshadowed fresh efforts to establish a truce. REUTERS/Gil Cohen Magen

The deliberate targeting of these boys follows the killing of a 11 year old Palistinian boy that morning who was part of a mob trying to tear down a fence and break into a Jewish residence. See story here: [url]http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20010823/wl/israel_palestinians.html[/url]

The Palistinians are some sick people to use children this way. I know its because they have a different concept of when manhood begins and such- but this is taking it too damn far. If this makes sense in their culture than that culture needs to be corrected or eradicated, and if that makes me a bigot then so be it.

Link Posted: 8/23/2001 9:48:57 PM EDT
[#1]
In the words of Louis Armstrong, "What a wonderful World" - Not. But, we have to remember that  Israel has been known to target children as well. Nice neighborhood, huh?
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 9:53:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Name me one case where Isrealis have deliberately targeted children- and the persons involved didnt wind up in prison...

Israel has killed children, no doubt, but sent snipers out to deliberately target children? No. Nor have they sent children out to be "martyred".
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 11:09:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't want to get into a big pissin' match with you, but  your just not seeing the big picture. Whether your using a TOW missile or a rifle bullet, it makes little difference to the victims. Israel routinely targets civilians- And that includes children. You can do a search on the Amnesty International web page, and they will have all the details on Israeli, as well as Palestinian war crimes. For the record, I am not anti-Israel,nor pro-Palestine. Just a seeker of the truth. I think you would be doing a disservice to yourself if you didn't take a more objective approach to the conflict. Anyway, I'm not trying to lecture you, just trying to add a little clarity.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 2:32:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep, those Palestinians are really teaching those Israelis a lesson by sending out their children to be shot. What a clever farce indeed. I can't beleieve more parents haven't thought of that. Because god knows the guy pulling the trigger bares no responsibility for the act.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 2:44:31 AM EDT
[#5]
What!?! can't the cowards just bomb another bus?
[V]
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 5:47:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't want to get into a big pissin' match with you, but  your just not seeing the big picture. Whether your using a TOW missile or a rifle bullet, it makes little difference to the victims. Israel routinely targets civilians- And that includes children. You can do a search on the Amnesty International web page, and they will have all the details on Israeli, as well as Palestinian war crimes. For the record, I am not anti-Israel,nor pro-Palestine. Just a seeker of the truth. I think you would be doing a disservice to yourself if you didn't take a more objective approach to the conflict. Anyway, I'm not trying to lecture you, just trying to add a little clarity.
View Quote

Bull!! The only truth you seek is what you want to believe.  The Israelis do not target civilians, unless you consider the PLO guerillas as civilians.  You believe the left wing Amnesty International (one of the biggest anti-gun groups there is) and the left wing media?
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 5:54:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Yawn.  Who cares?

The people with the most might and the willingness to use it will win.

It is all in good fun, and provides endless hours of entertainment.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 6:03:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Bull!! The only truth you seek is what you want to believe.  The Israelis do not target civilians, unless you consider the PLO guerillas as civilians.  You believe the left wing Amnesty International (one of the biggest anti-gun groups there is) and the left wing media?
View Quote

Unless you were there for all of this, everything you think you know about the conflict there comes through the "left wing media" as well.  How much of what you think you know, therefore, can possibly be the truth?
IMO, everybody was better off when that area was ruled by one or another empire (Roman, Ottoman Turk, British, etc.).  In too much of the world, freedom, self-rule, independence, autonomy have been nothing but opportunities to turn on another religious/ethnic group and start killing.  Flame me, if you wish, but Mideast, Africa, and Eastern Europe were all far more peaceful places when they were ruled by empires.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 6:39:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 1:56:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Amnisty International is hardly an objective source. They mark us down with China and Iran because we have the death penalty and we try juveniles as adults for certain offenses.

That kind of weakens their credability a tad.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 2:10:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Wow I need to get into palestine for some target practice.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 2:25:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Were the Iraelis concerned when the 17 children got killed at Waco? Hell no, and we aren't even in a state of war here (yet).

[img]www.public-action.com/SkyWriter/WacoMuseum/death/death.jpg[/img]
[b]Remains of a two year old Davidian child, Mt. Carmel Doe 51A, photographed on May 7, 1993, just 18 days after alleged date of death. The remains have never been identified.[/b]

Link Posted: 8/24/2001 2:29:22 PM EDT
[#13]
[img]http://wwwi.reuters.com/images/2001-08-24T170447Z_01_GALAXY-DC-MDF41088_RTRIDSP_2_INTERNATIONAL-MIDEAST-LEADALL-DC.JPG[/img]

Now if you were a Israli soldier with this bomb coming at you what would you do?

That is what you guys and Amnesty International call "targeting children".  Why dont you try holding the people who put that kid out there with that bomb responsible for a change?
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 2:38:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Amnisty International is hardly an objective source. They mark us down with China and Iran because we have the death penalty and we try juveniles as adults for certain offenses.

That kind of weakens their credability a tad.
View Quote

Well, I guess I could rip your sources as well. I would tend to believe Amnesty International more than the drivel you posted. What would Amnesty International have to gain by making false accusations? They are not trying to sell magazines. I love the comments made on this board about the war in the Middle East. People side with the Israelis, because they use use M16s? Well, the Palestinians do, too. Like I said, I'm not taking sides. Lets not be to judgmental on what's going one over there. I for one, don't pretend to know it all.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 2:46:06 PM EDT
[#15]
You have all seen this....Those Israelies are damn, good shots.
[img]www.themodernreligion.com/jihad/pal1.jpg[/img]

[img]www.themodernreligion.com/jihad/pal7.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 3:18:12 PM EDT
[#16]
You got that from here? [url]http://www.themodernreligion.com/index2.html[/url]  A website that is trying to convert westerners to Islam?  That is more objective the Reuters??

And as to the content of those pics...[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3a00415d1778.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 3:37:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You got that from here? [url]http://www.themodernreligion.com/index2.html[/url]  A website that is trying to convert westerners to Islam?  That is more objective the Reuters??
View Quote

No. I was just trying to find those pics.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 3:42:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Israelis are killing kids too. They're all killing each other. Anytime you have families losing their loved ones then everybody gets involved. Isradlis have been abusing the Pals ever since they created the state. Everyone who knows anything about this is well aware of the fact that the other Arabs have no real interest in actually helping the Pals, they just use them for propaganda and martyrs.

At the end of WW2, instead of helping the Israelis move into Palistine, the US should have just given West Germany to them. Then we could have told all the Germans that they could move to the east side. Like "Hey Hans, you can either become Jewish or Commy,,, it's up to you.

But instead, we let them talk us into setting them up in Palistine. Well they've had over 50 years of this crap. I wonder if they are happy with their choice to go there.

Now don't get me wrong, I personally designed and built the weapons display systems for the Multifunction Displays (MFDs) in their F-16 trainer simulators. I even went over there for design reviews and visited Elbit Computer Company up in Haifa. It was an interesting place and I enjoyed my visit. I will again, at any time my country/company asks me to, go right back over there and do similar work. So don't anybody even start to call me anti-semetic (or however the hell you spell it). But I refuse to listen to people come into the middle of a situation like this and try to call one side or the other the bad guy.

This is just the stupid crap that happens when you put two incompatible peoples in one area. There will be no peace till one group kills off the other,,, unfortunately :(
Link Posted: 8/25/2001 3:31:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Two words : The Mossad
Link Posted: 8/25/2001 9:49:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Yep... and infants are also PLO guerillas.  Face it, the israelis also hit children.  Just curious, but why the heck would a sniper hit someone in the hand?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top