Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 2:42:40 PM EDT
[#1]
DK) No one is really blaming immigration for crime. More like saying "we already have too many domestic problems, so why assume more hungry mouths to feed?"

As far as the European probelm, Hieder is the only European leader with the balls to do anything about it, and look what happened!
"HITLER HITLER HITLER~!" can be heard all throughout Glockland....
Besides. If you can aknowledge it happened there, can't one logically assume that it will here too if we don't make that same mistake?

And, if you look at cases like Minneapolis, (Do I need to mention NYC?) where there are specified segments of immigrant minorities, YES! Crime does increase!

But that is an insignificant issue when compared to the broader one.
There is only so much "America" to go around.

Only so many jobs
Only so many houses
Only so much land
Only so much food

and while we aren't at the point where these resources are being fully stretched, if we allow hungry mouths to pour across out borders, we one day will exhause the seemingly endless bounty the US has to offer.
Economicly speaking? The economy can't provide jobs for all the American citizens, never mind "outsiders". The economic benefits of a repository of cheap labor is negated by the needs of the workers, and the social responsibility to take care of them in modern day America.
It's a very fine line that we tip-toe on with population issues. And with every immigrant that crosses out borders without a viable skill, or a contributory mindset, we get closer to the abyss. And once you reach it, you can't ever come back.
India and China are examples. I'm at the word limit i'm sure, so i'll end it there,
Link Posted: 8/22/2001 3:42:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, I'm still waiting for the hard-core racists to come and f**k this whole thread up.

I think there's a lot of truth in what Landon and others of similar opinions say. I also think Imbroglio is mostly right (how'd that happen from someone without an AR? [;)]

But here's where I think some of you guys have a blindspot. if you look at the welfare rolls, you'll find most recipients are our own citizens. As far as knowing the laws and documents of the land, look around you the next time you go to a ball game and see how many "citizens" know the words to the anthem?
Please believe me when I tell you an overwhelming majority of immigrants want to be citizens, and the idea of generational reception of welfare is a shameful thing to us. If you don't believe me, come to Orange County in CA and ask any Vietnamese how he/she feels about this country and what they think of communism. The point to all this rambling is that immigrants contribute far more than they tax the resources. And this immigrant knows the Lord's prayer and the anthem taught to him 26 years ago. Immigration can't run unchecked, sure, but it's much too extreme to advocate closing the borders. This country stands to lose a lot of great minds and great workers.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 5:06:36 AM EDT
[#3]
OK--now we know where Landon is really coming from  ("Hitler was the only one with balls to do anything about it").  Just another homegrown Nazi trying to cover up his Nazi ideology with "reasonable argument".  Now that we know where he's coming from, can we just go back to talking about ARs?
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 5:16:30 AM EDT
[#4]
You guys......I just [b]have to say this:[/b]

Jeremiah was a bullfrog
Was a good friend of mine
I never understood a single word he said
But I helped him a-drink his wine
And he always had some mighty fine wine
Singin´...
Joy to the world
All the boys and girls now
Joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea
Joy to you and me
If I were the king of the world
Tell you what I´d do
I´d throw away the cars and the bars and the LIBERALS
Make sweet love to you
Sing it now...
Joy to the world
All the boys and girls
Joy to you and me

------ electric piano ------
You know I love the ladies
Love to have my fun
I´m a high life flyer and a rainbow rider
A straigh! t shootin´ son-of-a-gun (oh yeah)
I said a straight shootin´ son-of-a-gun
Joy to the world
All the boys and girls
Joy to you and me
Joy to the world
All the boys and girls
Joy to you and me
Joy to the world
All the boys and girls
Joy to the world
Joy to you and me
Joy to the world
All the boys and girls now
Joy to you and me
Joy to the world
All the boys and girls
Joy to you and me
I wanna tell you
Joy to the world
All the boys and girls
Joy to you and me
Joy to the world
All the boys and girls
Joy to you and me
(fading)
Joy to the world
All the boys and girls !

Go back to the site and watch the frogs groove!
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 5:18:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
OK--now we know where Landon is really coming from  ("Hitler was the only one with balls to do anything about it").  Just another homegrown Nazi trying to cover up his Nazi ideology with "reasonable argument".  Now that we know where he's coming from, can we just go back to talking about ARs?
View Quote

AAAAHHAHHAAA!
That's the problem when you try to argue a complex topic with dumbass people.

HEIDER!!!!
HEIDER!!!!!
As in ERIC HEIDER

Not

HITLER you stupid fuck,
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 8:35:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Now boys play nice or gunner1 is gonna have to relieve you of all your weapons![chainsaw]
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 9:04:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 2:23:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I always say that when I visit other countries,why are there so many forigners there[?][;)]........ landon[?]= Mcsitegone[?]  
View Quote

[img]http://www.hnp.org.za/English/grafix/sbtrendr.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 3:26:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Eh what?  "Eric Heider?"  Is that like Eric Heiden who won five gold medals speed skating for us in the 1980 Lake Placid Olympics?  

I think that you mean Jorg Haider, nicht wahr????

He he he.

BTW, my father, who crept across the Canadian border like the illegal shiprat that he is, has worked 35 years in this country like an animal.  He worked several jobs at the same time, kept my Mid-West mother in coin at home, and sent my sister and I through college.  We were lucky to be born here, but we aren't the tough person that my father is.  

America takes all types.  And just thing if we didn't have a bunch of niggaz scratching out hip-hop, the only decent music we'd have is classical.  Much as I like classical, I also like the Black Crowes and Black Sabbath.  

We prob'ly ought to keep a little control of immigration but a little new blood is good, and we always need fresh horses.

Link Posted: 8/23/2001 3:28:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I think that you mean Jorg Haider, nicht wahr????

View Quote

LMAO!!
And I was the one shit-talking about being an idiot..

Yup. Jorg Haider....
Slip of names.
Link Posted: 8/23/2001 3:37:32 PM EDT
[#11]
My admittedly meaningless point-of-view is that the only real jackasses are those who think that they're never wrong.  IMO you're good folks, Landon.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 4:12:31 AM EDT
[#12]
You're right. The first name was Haider---which you then followed up on the nexrt line with HITLER,HITLER,HITLER.  If you're so filthy mouthed (and minded) as to think it's OK to use dirty language to insult someone, you're not worth the effort it takes to insult you back.  I still think you're a racist pig, but what the hell, even racist pigs need a place to vent their piggish views.  [:D]
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 5:10:29 AM EDT
[#13]

Only so many jobs
Only so many houses
Only so much land
Only so much food

and while we aren't at the point where these resources are being fully stretched, if we allow hungry mouths to pour across out borders, we one day will exhause the seemingly endless bounty the US has to offer.

quote]

Check it out Landon, have you guys ever heard of Thomas Malthus, and the Malthusian theory?  He postulated that population increases ‘geometrically’ or exponentially and that subsistence increases arithmetically. Thus, population increases along the order of 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32..., whereas subsistence limps along at the rate of 1, 2, 3, 4,

He blamed society decline on three things: The overproduction of young; the inability of resources to keep up with the rising human population; and the irresponsibility of the lower classes. To combat this, Malthus suggested the family size of the lower class ought to be regulated such that poor families do not produce more children than they can support.

Some would argue that yes, population is a problem in that the earth is limited, that it can only sustain a certain number of people that the more numerous we become, the poorer we will become. Others argue that no, population is not a problem, but that it is government policies, economic structures and the organization of society that is the problem. Some contend that numbers in themselves do not equal poverty; rather, poorly structured societies and economies foster poverty.

---These are very interesting topics, keep going, but lets keep it clean ok.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 5:15:05 AM EDT
[#14]
I've also read that Malthus arguements are faulty.
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 5:37:56 AM EDT
[#15]
If I was a unwed "immagrant" mommie I'll have as many kids as I can,cause the housing the government provides me gets bigger=more bedrooms,(sec8) me and my live-in boyfriend(kids father)need a larger beedroom,and strangely enough the checks they give me get bigger too.Our parenets have moved here from the old country so they can take advavtage of 65 or older retirement benifites offered by this Great nation to anyone who has a baby here.WooHoo!
Link Posted: 8/24/2001 6:33:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top