Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2001 5:04:22 PM EDT
ok, my guns n stuff i just got has mp5/94 kits for sale. they also have receivers. the receivers are unfinished. i have a few questions. anyone know if these things are even mildly ok? how tough is it to build? how/where do i get a finish put on it? any experance with thses would be great

thanks in advanced
matt
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 6:09:00 PM EDT
[#1]
These are the same receivers and kits available from Federal Arms.

NO PART OF THEM IS GENUINE H&K.

The receivers are Special Weapons and the kits are mostly Special Weapons, with a few Pakistani contract parts.

The ONLY advantage to buying this stuff is you can send them to a REAL gunsmith like Jim Gravitt at Protech and have a HK94 clone gun that will actually work, and have a decent assembly and finish.

Unlike the crapshoot of buying SW5s from the factory. But it will still be a SW5 receiver and substandard parts. Plus the cost of having it correctly assebmled, combined with the cost of parts will result in a higher price than a SW5 already assembled.

The best possible senario is to lay your hands on a REAL German MP5 kit, I've seen them on subguns occassionally for about $850.00, and have Jim build them onto the SW receiver. But for the price and trouble you could almost get a preban HK94.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 6:16:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 6:20:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Where can I find this "guns and stuff" catologe. Do they have a we site? I would love to build an HK94.

Thanks in advance

[rail]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 6:32:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Terry Dyer REFUSES to work on any receiver other than HK. Thats good enough for me !

Gunrunner
View Quote

Yeah, but no more HK receivers coming into the country. If only FMP exported semi auto 9mm receivers.

Armed Scientist, I know these items are in the Federal Arms catalog.

Link Posted: 8/21/2001 6:32:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 7:05:39 PM EDT
[#6]
BTT
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 8:36:41 PM EDT
[#7]
TOAD has a thing on his website about how he got screwed by FAC and he is getting rid of all the kits.  If I were you I would put this whole kit idea thing as far away as possible.  All you need is to get in the middle of a pissing atch between TOAD and Harlan.  Buy a SW5 POS and try to fix it.  Or get a real one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top