Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/21/2001 5:04:22 PM EDT
ok, my guns n stuff i just got has mp5/94 kits for sale. they also have receivers. the receivers are unfinished. i have a few questions. anyone know if these things are even mildly ok? how tough is it to build? how/where do i get a finish put on it? any experance with thses would be great thanks in advanced matt
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 6:09:00 PM EDT
These are the same receivers and kits available from Federal Arms. NO PART OF THEM IS GENUINE H&K. The receivers are Special Weapons and the kits are mostly Special Weapons, with a few Pakistani contract parts. The ONLY advantage to buying this stuff is you can send them to a REAL gunsmith like Jim Gravitt at Protech and have a HK94 clone gun that will actually work, and have a decent assembly and finish. Unlike the crapshoot of buying SW5s from the factory. But it will still be a SW5 receiver and substandard parts. Plus the cost of having it correctly assebmled, combined with the cost of parts will result in a higher price than a SW5 already assembled. The best possible senario is to lay your hands on a REAL German MP5 kit, I've seen them on subguns occassionally for about $850.00, and have Jim build them onto the SW receiver. But for the price and trouble you could almost get a preban HK94.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 6:16:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 6:20:52 PM EDT
Where can I find this "guns and stuff" catologe. Do they have a we site? I would love to build an HK94. Thanks in advance [rail]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 6:32:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Gunrunner: Terry Dyer REFUSES to work on any receiver other than HK. Thats good enough for me ! Gunrunner
View Quote
Yeah, but no more HK receivers coming into the country. If only FMP exported semi auto 9mm receivers. Armed Scientist, I know these items are in the Federal Arms catalog.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 6:32:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 7:05:39 PM EDT
BTT
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 8:36:41 PM EDT
TOAD has a thing on his website about how he got screwed by FAC and he is getting rid of all the kits. If I were you I would put this whole kit idea thing as far away as possible. All you need is to get in the middle of a pissing atch between TOAD and Harlan. Buy a SW5 POS and try to fix it. Or get a real one.
Top Top