Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2001 1:03:00 PM EDT
Saw this over on the special weapons web site:

Importation of High caps mags Banned!!!! Posted July 25, 2001 by Todd
It is true we have less then a month and the legal importation of high cap mags made before 1994 will be over. This will be the last time you will see High cap mags at these prices, so stock up. Special Weapons has less then 100 curved high cap mags left in stock and once they are gone that will be it forever. Don't settle for the cheap 40 round mags that do not work, get factory HK tooled mags from Special weapons.

Is this accurate?  When and how did it take place?  Or is that a-hole who runs that company just lying so he can sell more mags at inflated prices?
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 1:06:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 1:10:18 PM EDT
[#2]
raf, don't be so cynical. I'm sure it's not just a scare tactic to drum up sales. I mean, I've seen this story everywh..., er somepl.., er, only in this post.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 1:14:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 1:18:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't believe anything on the Internet unless I've seen it 5 times and can verify it on some legitimate site like GOA's or NRA ILA.

As far as I know, there is no such ban going into effect.  Please correct me if I am wrong though (so I can immediately go out and buy a few more mags for some of my weapons).
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 1:20:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 2:10:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 2:16:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Have no fear... Bush is in office, he would never let that happen.

Wait... he promised to do it! silly me[rolleyes]
View Quote

Hey!, don't you say sarcastic things like.....wait...your right.[}:(]
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 2:39:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Or is that a-hole who runs that company just lying so he can sell more mags at inflated prices?
View Quote

Given the facts at hand, that a-hole who runs that company is just lying so he can sell more mags at inflated prices.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 7:13:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Chief Thunder would know for sure. someone ask him.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 9:13:05 PM EDT
[#11]
It's BS...precisely because Chief Thunder has not said a word about it.  This guy is THE importer for AK mags.  And I mean by the shipload.    
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 9:20:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Excellent.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 9:28:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Do remember that Todd claimed that he was placing a bid to buyout the "troubled" Heckler & Koch because SW weapons were superior to theirs.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 9:29:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I started stocking up a while back, assuming that it would happen sooner or later. I even have Mags. for guns I want to get when I get the money. Stock up on Hi-Cap Mags., AP Ammo., et. that have been banned. By the way, 10-to-1 he is lying. I've been to the gunshop since July 25 and it sure as hell would have been mentioned if it were true. Unlike AP ammo. and Pre-Ban ARs, Pre-Ban Mags. are everywhere, so there may be an eventual push to ban them altogether.

P.S. Bush will not sign such a ban. His vow was to enforce current bans and raise the age to 21, not create more bans.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 9:41:07 PM EDT
[#15]
HR 1922 would ban pre-ban mags. Take a look at this old topic for more information.

[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=29740[/url]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 6:45:53 PM EDT
[#16]
George W promised to ban the importation of high-capacity ammunition clips.  Or didn't you read his campaign flyers?
http://www.georgebush.com/issues/guns.html
Oh, yea, he also supports safety locks on handguns and a ban on juvenile posession of 'assault weapons', whatever they are.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 7:21:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
George W promised to ban the importation of high-capacity ammunition clips.  Or didn't you read his campaign flyers?
http://www.georgebush.com/issues/guns.html
Oh, yea, he also supports safety locks on handguns and a ban on juvenile posession of 'assault weapons', whatever they are.
View Quote

You, and apparently many others, would rather have Gore?  With all the bitching about W, that is the way it seems.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 10:53:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Toad had a bunch of mags for sale and now that the price of H&K mags has dropped he is stuck, so he is starting rumors to drive the price back up. I think he was asking in the mid 20's and AIM is selling real H&K mags for $9.99 and Century is selling Cetme mags that will fit an H&k for $7.97.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top