Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2006 3:25:15 PM EDT
So I developed a cough/cold overnight and went out to the store today to get some suppressant. I decided to get two bottles so I wouldn't have to do this again anytime soon. I sware it fealt like a God damn interrogation at the register. Managers, clerk, pharmacist, etc... I know what the fuck I'm doing with cough syrup for christ sake. I can't believe how fucking anal they were about it. Apparently some fucking idiot demographic chugs this shit for kicks.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:26:36 PM EDT
[#1]
No, but I bought two bottles of shampoo today.

I'm going to have the cleanest hair on my block.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:28:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I think you can make meth with it, no?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:28:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Part of the new Patriot Act is a crackdown on ingredients for making Meth.  Perhaps the cough syrup had thos ingredients?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:29:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Only when I plan on cookin' up some hillbilly crack.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:30:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I think you can make meth with it, no?

I wouldn't know.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:30:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah people use it to make meth
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:33:45 PM EDT
[#7]
They're called Robowarriers,,down 2 bottles Robotussion,,when you can't get alcohol,like on restriction{military] or too young.

Belive the meth thing has to do with sudafed/actifed type.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:39:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They're called Robowarriers,,down 2 bottles Robotussion,,when you can't get alcohol,like on restriction{military] or too young.

Belive the meth thing has to do with sudafed/actifed type.[/quote

Robitussin CF and other syrups with decongestants typically use psuedoephedrine.

Since the spin kings didn't specify what form of PE was to be restricted, they restricted all of it.

Never mind the fact that isolating PE out of sudafed is easy - there's PE, a binder, and food coloring, while to extract it from  formulated syrup involves a lot more than a cook shack and some cleaning chemicals. (say real laboratory)

The tweakers will still find ways around the laws, and the professional politicians get to say they "did something" in the W.O.D. in front of the cameras.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:43:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Google dextromethorphan. I was a pretty smart kid in high school.

Mostly.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:47:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Meth.
Robotripping.

Of course, those are both dumbass reasons to hassle somebody for buying 2 bottles of cough syrup.
Sometimes I have my doubts about the war on drugs.
What's next - you can't roll your own cigarettes anymore?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:48:51 PM EDT
[#11]
People use it to make meth.
I tried to load up a while back.  Keeping a bottle each of Day & Night cough stuff at home and at work, 4 bottles total.  They told me I could only buy three.  NC laws mandate it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:51:26 PM EDT
[#12]
some cough medicines have a very small amount of codein in them. for those there are extra things you have to go through including signing a book (at least in GA) and you can only buy in from the pharmacy. if you happened to buy a cough medicine with codein in it that is the sort of thing you would go through. or even (i cant remember) they might not let you guy more than 1 bottle at a time..

check the bottle.. it have codein in it?

this has always been the case .. way before the WOT and the meth deal.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:53:50 PM EDT
[#13]
finally a solution to the meth problem!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:01:00 PM EDT
[#14]
I have heard that people also like to take it with crushed up pills.
crush up some promethazine (or pain killer) and put it in the cough syrup and pour that over some grape soda... or so I’ve heard.

I hear ya though, I had to re-up on prilosec and went through the same thing just trying to get 2 of the big packs.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:10:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Just buy two bottles of Jack next time and nobody will fuck with you.  Hell buy a case.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:48:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Stonewall -
I don't think you can buy codeine cough syrup over the counter in most places. I know you can here in WI, but most other states, the pharmacist thinks you're crazy if you ask...  

My old man told me about "robotrippin" in the early 70's.  I guess you hallucinate if you drink enough. Sounds horrible to me...

my .02

-Cygnus
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:51:10 PM EDT
[#17]
just cough all over 'em.  they'll get the message.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:54:37 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
So I developed a cough/cold overnight and went out to the store today to get some suppressant. I decided to get two bottles so I wouldn't have to do this again anytime soon. I sware it fealt like a God damn interrogation at the register. Managers, clerk, pharmacist, etc... I know what the fuck I'm doing with cough syrup for christ sake. I can't believe how fucking anal they were about it. Apparently some fucking idiot demographic chugs this shit for kicks.

Not quite.

They use cold medicines for the Psuedoephedrine or Ephedrine so they can use it to make meth. Ephedrine is a common ingredient in most cold medicines, and meth heads are known to buy/steal several cold medicines at once so they can cook.

That is why you got the third degree.

Some people also chug cough syrup to try and get a buzz going, but they aren't the reason for these new store policies you are seeing in most places.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:54:52 PM EDT
[#19]
DXM

Robotrippin'

Read the "experiences" page.  Bunch out idiots out there...
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:57:41 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Stonewall -
I don't think you can buy codeine cough syrup over the counter in most places. I know you can here in WI, but most other states, the pharmacist thinks you're crazy if you ask...  

My old man told me about "robotrippin" in the early 70's.  I guess you hallucinate if you drink enough. Sounds horrible to me...

my .02

-Cygnus

you can in GA. i used to be a pharmacist and still know a good deal bout the biz here. The medicine has a very small amount of codein in it, you buy it in pints or half pints, you have to sign a book and the pharmacists keeps it behind the counter and he sells it to you. drug inspector is supposed to examine the book during the annual inpection..

some pharmacies have 'regulars' that get it as often as they can. i think they mix it with alcolhol to get a little additional 'buzz'.

as an aside in canada you can buy tylenol with hyrdrocodone in small amounts and you sign for it too. was in a pharmacy in whislter skiing and someone bought a bottle of 100 so i asked the girl pharmacist what it was as was suprised to find you could get vicodin (basically) over the counter there (although the dose was tiny per tablet and tylenol will kill you dead quick if you take a lot).
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:02:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Where I live you can't buy two gallons of acetone from the hardware store at the same time either.  

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:03:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Secret CDC dictate was issued today about the possibly horrible effects of second-hand cough syrup breath.  Could be killing children and causing prenant women grow extra nipples.  No scientific evidence but like global warming we just can't afford to take a chance with something so possibly devastating.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:30:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Considering you can buy 2- and 4-packs of that stuff at BJ's, the 3rd degree at the drugstore seems a bit silly.  Or are we to assume meth makers are too dumb or poor to get a BJ's membership?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:33:11 PM EDT
[#24]
I tried to buy 2 packages of claritin-d tonight at walmart so I didn't have to buy anymore for awhile (have to take one everyday for allergies).  Guy asks for my name, and birthdate, then my drivers liscense.  After he puts it all in the computer proceeds to tell me I can only buy 1 package at the current time.

Turns out here in MI they passed a law that they need to log everyone that buys stuff w/ the stuff to make meth in it.  

Not sure why they would hassle you for cough syrup, from what I was reading tonight researching all the BS I had read that they can only get the stuff they need  out of pills, and not syrup's.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:23:52 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Exactly!  Presumably, meth lab arrests are going to plummet since no one can make meth anymore.

Same rationale as gun control.  Fucking idiots.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:56:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Everyone always ask me what I am giving up in the war on drugs?

I am giving up the ability to buy more than two boxes of allergy medecine.
Another feel good thing gov't mandates.
Excuse me! These are freaking drug crimminals!
If we ban allergy medecine, they will just bring up the speed in 55 gallon drums from Mexico!
On the backs of illegal aliens.

I am a criminal for wanting two boxes of Sudafed but illegals w/o insurance or driver's license get to walk after causing accidents.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:04:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Whatever happened to the good'ol days when thrill seekers simply huffed Testors airplane glue or silver spray paint, gas fumes or licked a cane toad or two?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:36:23 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Whatever happened to the good'ol days when thrill seekers simply huffed Testors airplane glue or silver spray paint, gas fumes or licked a cane toad or two?

Glue got messed with in the late 70's to reduce the toluene, that's why models set like crap now.
As far as paint - they still do - they're called "huffers", and the gold paint has a higher VOC % (Volatile Organic Compound).

The Target by us without a pharmacy stopped carrying PE products, due to the inability to "monitor" the sales.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:42:24 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
No, but I bought two bottles of shampoo today.

I'm going to have the cleanest hair on my back.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:44:24 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
DXM

Robotrippin'

Read the "experiences" page.  Bunch out idiots out there...

It's a really lame high, IMO.  Only for if you are truly jonesing.  Though I know some people who really like it for some reason.  My friend's GF was an MD, and he was hooked on it according to her
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:51:43 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Or did whipitz

FYI my bro-n-law was stopped by clerk as he tried buying 4 bottles of cough medicine,limit was 2.
So I said in front of clerk,just put'enm in my stuff you can pay me back. Clerk said that'll work.

STUPID
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm pretty sure you can get gelcaps and syrups with psuedoephedrine without going through the nazi restriction BS.  Unless the local Walmarts here in OK are just ignoring the law which I highly doubt.

Also at the pharmacies here they will let you buy 2 boxes at a time but no more than that.  I pick up 2  boxes of Tynlenol Allergy Sinus whenever I run out.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:25:52 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly!  Presumably, meth lab arrests are going to plummet since no one can make meth anymore.

Same rationale as gun control.  Fucking idiots.

Actually a large percentage of the ephedrine supply has come from big overseas companies. Making the ephedrine is a complicated process that requires lots of exact equipment, but until fairly recently there was precisely zero regulation on who could buy the stuff. So meth dealers would call up companies in India and order tons and tons of raw ephedrine that would then be legally imported into the US.

The US government put a stop to much of that, but I imagine that a bunch of it still goes on.

Also, you cannot discount our friendly neighbors to the south. There is one mexican town (I forget the name) that has a population of something like 50,000 people but has over 1300 drug stores in it........

You do the math.

Meth dealers usually don't want to pay retail for their ingredients, so a whole bunch of them boost their supplies.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:28:17 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Glue got messed with in the late 70's to reduce the toluene, that's why models set like crap now.
As far as paint - they still do - they're called "huffers", and the gold paint has a higher VOC % (Volatile Organic Compound).

Huffers have to be the most pathetic of all abusers. Huffing can seriously mess up your brain. There is nothing quite as sad as seeing a guy laying next to a dumpster convulsing with his face covered in gold paint.

It is times like that when you realize human beings are the stupidest creatures on earth.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:29:57 AM EDT
[#35]
The stuff with Phenylephrine is unrestricted, cheaper and works just as well as
Pseudoephedrine.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:30:22 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I'm pretty sure you can get gelcaps and syrups with psuedoephedrine without going through the nazi restriction BS.  Unless the local Walmarts here in OK are just ignoring the law which I highly doubt.

There is no law mandating this........yet. The drug companies have raised a stink to try and stop the DEA and FDA from regulating this too heavily, as they assert there is a legitimate theraputic need for the cold medicines to be over the counter.

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:39:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Huffing is just nature's way of cleaning up the gene pool.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:46:39 AM EDT
[#38]
If it was a Wal-Mart you could have added ten boxes of 9mmWWB to the cart and diverted attention away form your cough syrup addiction.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:48:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Meth cooks have already found a replacment for PE.  PE free meth has been on the streets since our state law moved all products with PE behind the counter.

To buy a product with PE now you have to goto the sheft of cards pick the one you need take it to the pharmacy. They get it then you sign you Name Address, Phone and and DL number in the book.

But you can buy upto 3 product with PE per visit.  Don't buy to many in a month or you'll get raided.

Whle cleaning out the bathroom closet I found 5 bottles of nyqill that had expired.  I could have made a killing with a local cook if I knew one.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:50:21 AM EDT
[#40]
So did you get that meth made or what?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:56:45 AM EDT
[#41]
2 bottles?  Around here you have to sign the pharmacy controlled substance log just to buy one bottle.  They keep it behind the counter, too, so you have to ask for it.  Jeepers, cough syrup is no different than vicodan or codine, they are both controlled substances.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:37:02 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
The stuff with Phenylephrine is unrestricted, cheaper and works just as well as
Pseudoephedrine.  

Not really.  Some people don't get the same relief from the other product.  If my wife did... trust me she'd be a much happier person in the spring.  As it is I have to listen to her bitch about this horseshit law and then my Senator (Talent) has the nerve to send me an email bragging up his plan to go national with it.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:05:14 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is no law mandating this........yet. The drug companies have raised a stink to try and stop the DEA and FDA from regulating this too heavily, as they assert there is a legitimate theraputic need for the cold medicines to be over the counter.

Try again.

Combat Meth Act

Took effect last week. Anything with pseudoephedrine, ephedrine, and phenylpropanolamine (which is retarded as most of it was withdrawn from the market years ago) was rescheduled and must be placed behind the pharmacy counter. You need photo ID and need to sign in a book eery time you buy it and you can't buy more than a certain amount in a month.

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:17:04 AM EDT
[#44]
I haven't purchase cough syrup in a while. But, I have bought two bottles at once... because it was a 2-pack at the drug store.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:36:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Doc, you should have just coughed and hacked all over them, with plenty of aerosolized (sp) particles, and palpable moisture droplets.  Increase the intensity as the questions persist.  Sooner or later, they'll get the point.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:13:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Dont yall just love the war on drugs.

The government assumes you are going to commit a crime.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:43:26 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Try again.

Combat Meth Act

Took effect last week. Anything with pseudoephedrine, ephedrine, and phenylpropanolamine (which is retarded as most of it was withdrawn from the market years ago) was rescheduled and must be placed behind the pharmacy counter. You need photo ID and need to sign in a book eery time you buy it and you can't buy more than a certain amount in a month.

Darn.

I completely missed that one.

I must have been too busy with work lately....
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:12:06 AM EDT
[#48]
read the reviews in the link to the people who take DXM on the first page. These people really believe that getting all fucked up on robitussin gives them superpowers and lets them talk to god. If drugs can screw with reality that bad then i would wonder why anyone would ever try them.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:39:24 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
read the reviews in the link to the people who take DXM on the first page. These people really believe that getting all fucked up on robitussin gives them superpowers and lets them talk to god. If drugs can screw with reality that bad then i would wonder why anyone would ever try them.

If you're looking for entertainment, read the experiances of the fools who try Datura (locoweed).  Most of them end with jail or the emergency room.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top