Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/18/2001 6:49:20 PM EDT
We all have out "baby" rifle... Mine is my CETME. I like my CETME for a few reasons. One of the biggest is I know it well. I sort of lucked out with it, since I have heard some horror stories regarding US receiver CETME's like mine... But I can shoot well with out to 300 (As far as i've tested it), I can snap shoot well with it at close ranges... I have plenty of mags, which were and still are very inexpensive. It is very reliable (It hasn't coughed yet)- Mil-Surp .308 is pretty cheap to buy. I like it's ergonomics more so than a M1A. It is .308, which I really prefer if having to choose between butt-kickin rifles. In the enviroment I am in, there is a real possibility that I may be called upon to make a 300-400-500 yard shot, so I like it's range and energy at extended distances. Of course, if I could afford a HK, I would get one. But my CETME does the job well. So, that's why I like mine... Just a personal thing I guess. It fits my situation purdy well.. So, "why" is your favorite gun your favorite?
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 7:08:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 7:15:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By raf: I'm gonna buy an M1 with a cheap cast receiver and shot-out barrel for way too much money. Why? Because all the experts say they're junk; we all know the experts can't be trusted.
View Quote
Of course it makes sense to listen to the people who know these things; but to blindly follow them, and to use their endorsement as your sole justification for choosing a particular weapon, well.... that's a principle sign of a very weak mind.
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 7:21:35 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Landon: Of course it makes sense to listen to the people who know these things; but to blindly follow them, and to use their endorsement as your sole justification for choosing a particular weapon, well.... that's a principle sign of a very weak mind.
View Quote
Ouch...that had to hurt!
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 7:23:09 PM EDT
SOG is offering these for less than $4beans. I remember when these things first came around they were $700 +. Buy 2 you can't go wrong
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 7:28:53 PM EDT
Top Top