User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:48:36 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
GET ON THE F'N PHONE PEOPLE!!!!!

This is a lynch-pin voting issue for me.  I will hold my party and my elected officials responsible for this one.

I've called my Senators several times.  It's like talking to used car salesmen.  After a couple of calls they stop trying to humor you with pre-worded political bullshit and simply try to blow you off.    

These bastards are masters at talking around your questions.  Make them specificly answer your question.  When you call, ask if they tabulate the calls from their constituency as to how many are For or Against the issue you are calling about.  Ask if the final tabulation has any impact on your Politicians vote.  Then ask them if you can have a copy of that tabulation.   Let us know what they say.  If it's anything like my Senators office, it's rather humourous.  

I just emailed Ken Mehlman GOP Chairman
I dont have alot of time for Phone calls and Letters though I like the Mail -a -Brick Idea
Like I said before I work alot
I'm not some Damn Illegal who can protest at the drop of a hat

These Politicians forget that we are their base
We elected them to represent us
Not to tell us what's good for us

More Taxes
Teaching your kindergartners about AIDS
Banning Guns
Removing God from the Schools and Culture
Homosexual Marriage
Gay Rights
Amnesty for "Immigrants"
Multiculturalism

This is not want we want yet they SHOVE IT down our throats
Where is the Representation
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:55:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Vote every one of the bastards out!!!!

Fuck em all.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:06:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck em all.

Demicans and Republicrats they all suck
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:10:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Well last time the Americans had no representation in government and all diplomatic means failed a bunch of farmers gave the world most powerful nation a bloody nose and won their independence.

To quote Jefferson
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

I am not advocating any action of the sword(at this time), I’m just stating that the people lost representation in government once before and ending up doing what was needed to get it back.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:15:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Too many are too busy seeking wealth, the latest and greatest everything and keeping up with the jones's.
They work, pay taxes and finacially support the very insurgents that seek to destroy their way of life.
But as long as they have cable, fat bellies and an SUV they don't care and do nothing.
The majority is silent and castrated.
Learn spanish it'll serve you well when serving your new masters.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:17:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

<-----------------Wondering why he spent 3 years and >$10,000 dollars to immigrate here legally.

Ask for a reimbursment.  Seriously.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:21:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Can you say Shay's Rebellion part II
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:25:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
How are we any more screwed than yesterday, or last year?

because now they will come here in droves that we have yet to even fathom...

We have like 11 million here now imagine that number comming here every MONTH!
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:25:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is a lynch-pin voting issue for me.  I will hold my party and my elected officials responsible for this one.

+1 1st thing in the morning!

Make the calls people.....

Yeah, because your opinions matter to them.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:27:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How are we any more screwed than yesterday, or last year?

because now they will come here in droves that we have yet to even fathom...

Yep.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:41:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Too many are too busy seeking wealth, the latest and greatest everything and keeping up with the jones's.
They work, pay taxes and finacially support the very insurgents that seek to destroy their way of life.
But as long as they have cable, fat bellies and an SUV they don't care and do nothing.
The majority is silent and castrated.
Learn spanish it'll serve you well when serving your new masters.

I'm just trying to pay my mortgage, bills and taxes
I work hard   I dont mind    I wouldnt have it any other way  I dont buy Lottery Tickets
Wife stays home and I want it that way   My kids need a Mom
Both vehicles are older
I dont have time to protest
I dont have Money to Donate to scum sucking Politicians
I certainly dont have the influence to attend some Political Fundraiser and rub elbows with the elite
I'm a working man
I'm an Honorably Discharged Veteran
I'm an American Citizen and I do my civic duty and Vote

We've been betrayed
Yes there are those that only seek wealth, comfort and entertainment but there are those of us who work hard play by the rules and Voted for Polticians hoping they would do THEIR DUTY and REPRESENT us  not BETRAY us
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:43:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Only an attack will wake up the fat cats in Washington D.C.   I now say let the borders be opened and let as many of them come as they want, including Al-Qaeda...  let them blow shit up and then maybe, only maybe will they get a fucking clue.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:44:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Have our politicians lost their freakin' minds?

Hell yes!!!!

The people who are "representing" us have to be some of the dumbest people on God's green earth.

Study ROME, baby.

Witness the death of the free Republic.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:27:17 PM EDT
[#14]
I can't believe how many of you guys are falling for a "report" on Republicans from Nancy Pelosi's office as reported on CNN.

I can't believe how many of you guys believe anything from Pelosi about anything.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:30:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Hell will freeze over before I give the two polictical parties a dime again.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:39:31 PM EDT
[#16]
FIRE MISSION

Lets make them hear us befor its to late. Screw Emails send BRICKS.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:06:26 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Once all the illegal border-jumpers magically become law-abiding citizens, will be also be able to buy Garands from the CMP ?

Because that would just add insult to injury.  

Don't be silly!  Of course they won't be buying Garands from the CMP.  They will be getting them for free as part of their welcome packages.

On a serious note (directed to Arfcommers in general), do we really care if the House backs down from the felony provision?  Do we really want to spend tons of money building prisons and hiring guards so we can lock up 12 million illegal aliens as felons?  Wouldn't it be much cheaper, easier and all-around better to simply deport them?

I think what we really need is to enforce existing laws, streamline the deportation process, deport those aliens who are here now illegally, and finally secure the borders to halt the ongoing influx of new and repeat illegal aliens.  After that we can have a reasoned discussion about how much legal immigation is ideal for both this country and those potential immigrants who want to become good Americans.  

We don't need to declare anything a felony to do all that.  We just have to have the fortitude to enforce existing laws.  After all, illegal aliens are already illegal!  I would think that we, as gun owners, would be more aware of the pointlessness of declaring things that are already illegal as "more illegal".  After all, we've faced enough stupid anti-gun legislation that does just that, and we rightly condemn it in that arena when we see it.

Is my thinking on this muddled?

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:26:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 1st thing in the morning!

Make the calls people.....

Yeah, because your opinions matter to them.

It's something to do before we arrive at the point of shooting people. At least many will be able to "honestly" say they tried other more peaceful means.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:33:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Note to self, hang out at the survival forum and absorb as much info, go out and get survival supplies, and..................

BUY MORE AMMO!
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:40:00 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The people who are "representing" us have to be some of the dumbest people on God's green earth.

The don't represent us --  never have. They represent special interest groups. In this case, business. It is business who wants cheap labor and business always gets what it wants. ALWAYS.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:25:45 AM EDT
[#21]
"The Constitution of the United States of America

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, and fuck illegal mexicans up on the border, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:18:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Politician = ENEMY    

hope I live long enough to see them pay.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:47:32 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Well last time the Americans had no representation in government and all diplomatic means failed a bunch of farmers gave the world most powerful nation a bloody nose and won their independence.

To quote Jefferson
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

I am not advocating any action of the sword(at this time), I’m just stating that the people lost representation in government once before and ending up doing what was needed to get it back.

It is clear that the elected politicians no longer serve the people who put them there to do a job.
The SCOTUS, House, Senators, and Jeorge are no longer abiding by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. The USA is being sold out.

The CoC doesnt allow the rest of my feelings.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:00:38 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/04/11/immigration/

Immigration bills to lose felony proviso
Pelosi's office: Republicans 'feeling the heat' after protests

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The Republican leaders of the House and Senate have agreed to drop efforts to make entering the United States illegally a felony, hoping to jump-start legislation to overhaul the U.S. immigration system.

The provision has become a lightning rod for protesters in massive demonstrations against illegal immigration restrictions, like those Monday that drew hundreds of thousands of people in dozens of American cities large and small.

The felony measure is part of an immigration reform bill the GOP-controlled House of Representatives passed in December.

In a joint statement issued Tuesday evening, House Speaker Dennis Hastert and Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist tried to blame House Democrats for the felony provision, noting that Democrats voted overwhelmingly against an amendment that would have reduced minimum sentences for illegal entry to 6 months.

"Instead, they voted to make felons out of all of those who remain in our country illegally," said Hastert, an Illinois Republican, and Frist, a Tennessee Republican.

The final bill passed the House 239-182, with only 36 Democrats supporting the measure. (Watch the politics of immigration -- 2:28)

Jennifer Crider, a spokeswoman for House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi of California, said Republicans "are feeling the heat" after demonstrations that brought out hundreds of thousands of protesters in 39 states on Monday.

Organizers said 500,000 attended a protest in Washington and 200,000 turned out in Phoenix, Arizona, though police provided no official crowd estimates. (Full story)

"No amount of spin can change the fact that Republicans wrote and passed the Sensenbrenner bill, which criminalizes an entire population," Crider said. "The bill is beyond repair."

Republican Rep. Tom Tancredo of Colorado, a leading advocate of cracking down on illegal immigration, said Monday that Democrats wanted to keep the felony provision as a "poison pill."

But Sen. Edward Kennedy on Tuesday dismissed such characterizations.

"Actions speak louder than words, and there's no running away from the fact that the Republican House passed a bill and Senator Frist offered one that criminalizes immigrants," the Massachusetts Democrat said.

"This debate shouldn't be about making criminals out of hard-working families ... but rather about strengthening our national security and enacting a law that reflects our best values and our humanity," he said in a written statement.

The House bill, pushed by Judiciary Committee Chairman James Sensenbrenner, a Wisconsin Democrat, also calls for building 700 miles of security fence along the Mexican border and would make assisting illegal immigrants a felony, as well.

It does not include a temporary guest-worker provision, as President Bush has called for, or language that would offer a legalization process for people already in the United States illegally. Critics dismiss that idea as "amnesty," while supporters call it "earned citizenship."

Senate attempts to pass a bill stalled last week when a measure establishing a guest-worker program and a mechanism for legalization failed to overcome opposition from conservative Republicans.

As protests against the House bill mounted in late March, the White House and the Republican National Committee raised concerns that the anti-immigration sentiment coming from some corners of the GOP would turn off Latino voters that Bush and his political team have worked hard to court.

But Republican leaders must also contend with a growing chorus within their conservative base to crack down on illegal immigration. (Watch importance of Latino vote questioned -- 2:07)

Sensenbrenner sponsored the amendment that Frist and Hastert cited Tuesday, and he signaled last week that he would be willing to drop the felony language if the House and Senate have to come up with a compromise bill.

House GOP aides, meanwhile, said Tuesday that language aimed at punishing people who help illegal immigrants was aimed at smugglers who bring people across the border, not at charities who assist the migrants.

CNN's Deirdre Walsh contributed to this report.

Settle down guys...

UNLESS YOU WANT AMNESTY, THIS HAS TO HAPPEN...

Lib Version -> Total Amnesty + GOP Version (Felony) -> Guest Workers from Mexico (eg more legal immigrants), no amnesty
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:08:36 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Voting doesn't work........they get replaced by new bastards!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:12:37 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Sensenbrenner is a good guy (atually great - he doesn't take shit from anybody) so he's not going to go for amnesty and I REALLY doubt he's going to go for a guest worker program before a bunch of enforcement is put into place.

He wins going away in a very conservative district every time. He's not going to 'catch heat' from a bunch of libs - his seat is his as long as he wants it.

Part of the article sounds like spin to make the democrats sound like victors and further piss of the republican base.

+1

Sensenbrenner is/was my congressman back home...

I agree with your assessment...

That said, here's what I see passing

1) Fence
2) Guest Worker program for those NOT here illegally
3) Provision for illegal immigrants to apply for GW status from mexico or from INS detention if they turn themselves in.

The libs will not get amnesty, we will not get felonization. as allways, it will be a meeting IN THE MIDDLE.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:27:39 AM EDT
[#27]
I certainly hope this will get all of you to start voting...
from the rooftops...
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:45:22 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
We need to ENFORCE the laws already on the books.  Making it a felony is going to create more bureaucracy and waste money that could be used to secure the boarder.  

+1.  I don't even mind if we grant citizenship to everyone who;s already here, as long as we close the border.  The "Build a Big-Ass Wall" bill doesn't need to be tied to any other immigration reform.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:54:45 AM EDT
[#29]
The whole Felony provision was destined to fail.  Even if it were passed, we realistically have no room for that many felons in prison.    Would you really want to pay to feed and cloth every invading illegal alien while giving up valuable space that child rapists and drug dealers should be taking up?    Isn't that what we are pissed about?  Tax dollars going to illegals?  We should be this excited in a new truth in sentencing for the current criminals in our system.  
It would be much cheaper to just build a wall, patrol the border with zero tolerance and ship the illegal invaders back to where they came from.  

The other part is that a tax paying illegal alien is a better citizen than a Bubba sitting on his brains collecting welfare.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:55:28 AM EDT
[#30]
We ought to be recycling white trash along with the ililegal invaders.  Ship the leaches down to Mexico to work.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:04:41 AM EDT
[#31]
"Republicans cave".

In related news, water is wet!

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:38:25 AM EDT
[#32]
OK, let's calm down and think about this.

Politics is the art of the possible.  The House Repubs probably put a few provisions in there with the intent of bargaining them away to give the other side some victories to crow about.

WHO FUCKING CARES IF IT IS A FELONY???   It is already a crime; it is already grounds for deportation; making a felony merely adds TONS of time, due process, and expense to an already clogged process.

We don't need felonization; we need POLITICAL WILL TO ENFORCE LAWS ON THE BOOKS.

Making it a felony only makes us feel good about the concept of "punishment."  It ain't gonna deter any more border jumpers.  They can already do up to a year in jail.

Ask yourself this: do you want the illegals DEPORTED, or JAILED FOR OVER A YEAR?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:41:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Responding to Tuesday's criticism of Democrats by Hastert and Frist, Jennifer Crider, a spokeswoman for House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi of California, said "no amount of spin can change the fact that Republicans wrote and passed the Sensenbrenner bill, which criminalizes an entire population."

Maybe thats because they are an entire population of criminals. They crossed the border Illegally. What country in this world is that not a crime. Or death sentence?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:43:49 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Once all the illegal border-jumpers magically become law-abiding citizens, will be also be able to buy Garands from the CMP ?

Because that would just add insult to injury.  

Don't be silly!  Of course they won't be buying Garands from the CMP.  They will be getting them for free as part of their welcome packages.

On a serious note (directed to Arfcommers in general), do we really care if the House backs down from the felony provision?  Do we really want to spend tons of money building prisons and hiring guards so we can lock up 12 million illegal aliens as felons?  Wouldn't it be much cheaper, easier and all-around better to simply deport them?

I think what we really need is to enforce existing laws, streamline the deportation process, deport those aliens who are here now illegally, and finally secure the borders to halt the ongoing influx of new and repeat illegal aliens.  After that we can have a reasoned discussion about how much legal immigation is ideal for both this country and those potential immigrants who want to become good Americans.  

We don't need to declare anything a felony to do all that.  We just have to have the fortitude to enforce existing laws.  After all, illegal aliens are already illegal!  I would think that we, as gun owners, would be more aware of the pointlessness of declaring things that are already illegal as "more illegal".  After all, we've faced enough stupid anti-gun legislation that does just that, and we rightly condemn it in that arena when we see it.

Is my thinking on this muddled?

Dude, FELONS CAN'T VOTE. THAT IS WHAT THIS IS ALL ABOUT!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:45:03 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This is disappointing to be sure......

But, this country will survive, and the world will continue to turn......

Yes it will. And one day, hundreds of years from now perhaps men will again set up a free system of gov't and hopefully will learn from our experience just as we took some from the Greeks and the Romans. And eventually they will become weak and passive, falling also to the enemy within....

I don't think this is the time to head into the hills or anything....

The general idea is to prevent it from getting to that and the trend ain't looking good. We appear to be losing our nation while our politicians piss all over us. And our freedoms will go with it. For some possibly even our lives or those of our families.  This is not going to be a good thing for the American People.

This is how civil wars are started.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:45:27 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
The whole Felony provision was destined to fail.  Even if it were passed, we realistically have no room for that many felons in prison.     Would you really want to pay to feed and cloth every invading illegal alien while giving up valuable space that child rapists and drug dealers should be taking up?    Isn't that what we are pissed about?  Tax dollars going to illegals?  We should be this excited in a new truth in sentencing for the current criminals in our system.  
It would be much cheaper to just build a wall, patrol the border with zero tolerance and ship the illegal invaders back to where they came from.  

The other part is that a tax paying illegal alien is a better citizen than a Bubba sitting on his brains collecting welfare.  

FELONS CAN'T VOTE! It doesn't matter if you hold them for one day before deporting them. They are then recorded and prohibited from voting.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:46:48 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Politics is the art of the possible.  The House Repubs probably put a few provisions in there with the intent of bargaining them away to give the other side some victories to crow about.

WHO FUCKING CARES IF IT IS A FELONY???   It is already a crime; it is already grounds for deportation; making a felony merely adds TONS of time, due process, and expense to an already clogged process.

We don't need felonization; we need POLITICAL WILL TO ENFORCE LAWS ON THE BOOKS.

Making it a felony only makes us feel good about the concept of "punishment."  It ain't gonna deter any more border jumpers.  They can already do up to a year in jail.

Ask yourself this: do you want the illegals DEPORTED, or JAILED FOR OVER A YEAR?

FELONS CAN'T VOTE! There, that should get the point across.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:46:51 AM EDT
[#38]
This is so fucked up on so many levels.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:50:21 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

this man here understands it.  Nothing will ever change if we as voters don't put our feelings and views on these matters in place.  

Big assed + 1 from me.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:52:15 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The whole Felony provision was destined to fail.  Even if it were passed, we realistically have no room for that many felons in prison.     Would you really want to pay to feed and cloth every invading illegal alien while giving up valuable space that child rapists and drug dealers should be taking up?    Isn't that what we are pissed about?  Tax dollars going to illegals?  We should be this excited in a new truth in sentencing for the current criminals in our system.  

FELONS CAN'T VOTE! It doesn't matter if you hold them for one day before deporting them. They are then recorded and prohibited from voting.

Wrong.  

Felons aren't supposed to vote.

If illegals are signing up to vote, and the registrars aren't confirming US citizenship, how the fuck are they checking felon status?

And do you guys have any idea how long it takes to get a felony conviction in the courts?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:56:33 AM EDT
[#41]
You know it's bad when illegals have more political pull than legal firearms's owners.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:02:16 AM EDT
[#42]
and I get one step closer to packing up my shit and leaving...
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:03:31 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
You know it's bad when illegals have more political pull than legal firearms's owners.

It's pretty bad when the Mexican government has more pull than legal US citizens.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:15:25 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

FELONS CAN'T VOTE! There, that should get the point across.

It has nothing to do with whether they can vote if they are convicted felons. Most states allow felons to vote. If they are convicted of a felony. They are inelgible for citizenship ever. They will also be in a lot more databases, and have their finerprints on file. And if they sneak back across after being caught they are going to jail not just being sent back across the border to try again.

I think making it a felony is a good thing, most countrys treat it as a felony or worse. Gunshots, razor wire and minefeilds. I also think its high time way past fucking due, that Employers are charged with felonys for hiring them
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:27:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:28:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Send a Brick to the Capitol

Well then, let's do this . ..

CMOS
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:30:32 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I certainly hope this will get all of you to start voting...

from the rooftops...

What are you, twelve?

If you feel so strongly about voting from the rooftops, you must be a terrible shot; I haven't heard a peep about you on the news.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:52:09 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Politician = ENEMY    

hope I live long enough to see them pay.  

From your post, to Gods ears!

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:54:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Why don't they tell them if you are caught illegally you will be deported and can never apply for citizenship.  That make put some teeth in the stuff they are proposing.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:02:01 AM EDT
[#50]
easy gang...
ever care to think that this issue has been brought up just to "rock the vote". why all of a sudden now? why not in 2000? why not before the 2004 election?

this issue has been around for at least 25 YEARS.... the Dems are trying to show that Bush/Republicans is/are weak on National Security and Immigration.

you are all taking the bait....shame shame.

Reality = this will remain a issue for the next election and the one after that.... forever

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top