Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/8/2006 10:10:23 PM EDT
My dad's birthday is tomorrow and since hes got everything else I could think of getting him, I decided to buy him a consumable (CIGARS!).
I don't smoke and know nothing about them, can anyone give me some reccomendations for some decent (or very nice) cigars?
He doesnt smoke them very often, and if I could remember what his "favorites" are I would get some, but I can't remember for the life of me.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:32:15 PM EDT
check out www.cigaraficianado.com Great smokes at cheap prices.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:36:16 PM EDT
For the kind of guy who doesn't smoke very often, go with a nice mild-med name he'll recognize. Romeo y Julieta has some nice sticks, maybe a reserve maduro? Of course, you could always go with Macanudos, but it's hard to give a decent reccomendation without knowing what he likes. Theres thousands to choose from and what one man hates, another treasures.....
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:45:10 PM EDT
Out of all the people I know who don't smoke often they all like ACID cigars. The Kuba Kuba Acid is probably the best.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:48:41 PM EDT
thanks for the replies guys. I think he has smoked a few Romeo y Julietas before, maybe I will look for those.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:00:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/8/2006 11:03:13 PM EDT by gaspain]
this is becoming a weekly post, oh well. No harm.

Partagas Black
Arturo Fuente Hemmingway's
La Gloria Serie R #5 natural
Rocky Patel
Onyx

that should get you started. Dont get him just one brand, get him a bunch of good stuff he may have never tried.

btw: all those are pretty strong gars!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:03:46 PM EDT
Arturo Fuente's are some of my fav. smokes.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:06:37 PM EDT
anything from hoyo de monerrey--in an "english market selection wrapper"

punch

arturo fuente

macanudo makes a very mild smoke--ideal for beginners and the occasional smoker

avo

zino

la gloria cubana

i like the idea of an assortment---most cigar guys are always searching for "the holy grail" of cigars (i personally don't think it exists, but that's another thread for another day)
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:11:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NotoriousSEG:
anything from hoyo de monerrey--in an "english market selection wrapper"

punch

arturo fuente

macanudo makes a very mild smoke--ideal for beginners and the occasional smoker

avo

zino

la gloria cubana

i like the idea of an assortment---most cigar guys are always searching for "the holy grail" of cigars (i personally don't think it exists, but that's another thread for another day)

good selection. However I think the Zinos are overrated. They cost a ton too.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:35:38 PM EDT
Thanks again ARFCOM, I got him 2 Macanudo "Sample packs" (3 different cigars to each pack), and he loved them (even smoked one right there, his 5th for the day-- I Guess he takes his birthday seriously)
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:36:33 PM EDT
where did you get them? Anthony's?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:06:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TheRedHorseman:
where did you get them? Anthony's?

No, the one close by to me is closed sunday, I went to Tinderbox, its at willams centre at Broadway and Craycroft.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:20:12 PM EDT
For the occasional smoker who likes a cigar that's flavorful without being too strong, it's hard to go wrong with Padrons.
Top Top