Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2006 10:10:23 PM EDT
My dad's birthday is tomorrow and since hes got everything else I could think of getting him, I decided to buy him a consumable (CIGARS!).
I don't smoke and know nothing about them, can anyone give me some reccomendations for some decent (or very nice) cigars?
He doesnt smoke them very often, and if I could remember what his "favorites" are I would get some, but I can't remember for the life of me.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:32:15 PM EDT
[#1]
check out www.cigaraficianado.com  Great smokes at cheap prices.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:36:16 PM EDT
[#2]
For the kind of guy who doesn't smoke very often, go with a nice mild-med name he'll recognize. Romeo y Julieta has some nice sticks, maybe a reserve maduro?  Of course, you could always go with Macanudos, but it's hard to give a decent reccomendation without knowing what he likes. Theres thousands to choose from and what one man hates, another treasures.....
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:45:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Out of all the people I know who don't smoke often they all like ACID cigars.  The Kuba Kuba Acid is probably the best.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:48:41 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the replies guys. I think he has smoked a few Romeo y Julietas before, maybe I will look for those.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:00:42 PM EDT
[#5]
this is becoming a weekly post, oh well. No harm.

Partagas Black
Arturo Fuente Hemmingway's
La Gloria Serie R #5 natural
Rocky Patel
Onyx

that should get you started. Dont get him just one brand, get him a bunch of good stuff he may have never tried.

btw: all those are pretty strong gars!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:03:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Arturo Fuente's are some of my fav. smokes.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:06:37 PM EDT
[#7]
anything from hoyo de monerrey--in an "english market selection wrapper"

punch

arturo fuente

macanudo makes a very mild smoke--ideal for beginners and the occasional smoker

avo

zino

la gloria cubana

i like the idea of an assortment---most cigar guys are always searching for "the holy grail" of cigars (i personally don't think it exists, but that's another thread for another day)
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:11:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
anything from hoyo de monerrey--in an "english market selection wrapper"

punch

arturo fuente

macanudo makes a very mild smoke--ideal for beginners and the occasional smoker

avo

zino

la gloria cubana

i like the idea of an assortment---most cigar guys are always searching for "the holy grail" of cigars (i personally don't think it exists, but that's another thread for another day)

good selection.  However I think the Zinos are overrated. They cost a ton too.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:35:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks again ARFCOM, I got him 2 Macanudo "Sample packs" (3 different cigars to each pack), and he loved them (even smoked one right there, his 5th for the day-- I Guess he takes his birthday seriously)
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:36:33 PM EDT
[#10]
where did you get them? Anthony's?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:06:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
where did you get them? Anthony's?

No, the one close by to me is closed sunday, I went to Tinderbox, its at willams centre at Broadway and Craycroft.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:20:12 PM EDT
[#12]
For the occasional smoker who likes a cigar that's flavorful without being too strong, it's hard to go wrong with Padrons.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top