Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:44:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Apparently this has to be put into words

WHEN YOU SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT...AND PEOPLE CLICK ON THE TOPIC...THEY ARE NOT LOOKING FOR WORDS...THEY ARE LOOKING FOR PICS.

We'll get around to reading what you had to say about the incident after our bloodlust has been quenched.

.....you are a tease
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:54:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

WHEN YOU SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT...AND PEOPLE CLICK ON THE TOPIC...THEY ARE NOT LOOKING FOR WORDS...THEY ARE LOOKING FOR PICS.

We'll get around to reading what you had to say about the incident after our bloodlust has been quenched.

.....you are a tease

It's a racoon with three holes in it. It's not even that bloody, really.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:02:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

.....you are a tease

It's a racoon with three holes in it. It's not even that bloody, really.

Fine... if you won't take pictures, will you at least mail it to me?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:06:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Why did you have to kill it, just chase it away.

She came back, and she likes my garbage cans. Sorry, but Mrs SubnetMask demanded blood.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:07:23 PM EDT
[#5]
3 pages and no picture?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:19:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
You don't own a .22?

It might have been the better choice for the job.
Now you have something new to buy.

I don't own one either.

Well do you at least own a .38?

i don't own a .22 OR a .38.  what do you think of THAT?

I don't have either, either!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:32:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
3 pages and no picture?

Man, you guys are gonna make me dig that stinky thing out of the trash, aren't you?

Sigh. Pics inbound...
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:35:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Pics!Pics!Pics!Pics!Pics!Pics!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:38:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

How about "Someone in dire need of spending about $300?"

You just had to go and ask, didn't you?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:47:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Pics!Pics!Pics!Pics!Pics!Pics!

Happy now?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:58:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:00:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:03:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Hmm...hunting out of season.  Got a hunting license and the fur takers permit?  Not very smart posting threads about poaching on a public forum.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:04:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Hmm...hunting out of season.  Got a hunting license and the fur takers permit?  Not very smart posting threads about poaching on a public forum.

Oh get a life , he was protecting property from damage.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:04:57 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
She was in the makeshift shed next to my garage. She made a nest in a bin containing my daughter's outdoor toys. Mrs SubnetMask said the varmit had do go, so I called upon JMB and his holy 1911. The Raccoon O' Truth revealed that it took 3 rounds of .45 230gr FMJ to properly eradicate this particular pest.

Not suprisingly, the jacketed rounds made clean .45" holes though both the raccoon and the wall of a dilapidated wood shed (I'm going to tear it down one of these days). An expanding round would have been a better choice, but I wasn't  going to waste carry ammo on a furry pest. As I approached the shed, the raccoon was laying in her nest loooking at me with her head tilted. She was kind of cute.

Anyway, she got some .45 lovin' center of mass. Much to my suprise, she started panting. I'll be damed. I kind of felt sorry for her, so I popped her again. At this, she was visibly upset and attempting to escape. What a trooper. She was panting really quickly now. I figured she was close to dying, but I'm kind of a softie. One more round did her in.

Lessons learned:
Maybe a rifle isn't such a bad idea.
Federal .45 FMJ sails right through coons.
There is a direct correlation between rounds required, and patience on hand.
Head shots are hard, when the target is squirming.
Shooting varmits is fun.

I didn't take any pictures, but if you guys REALLY need any (and I don't know why...it's just a dead coon), I suppose I could dig it out of the trash and snap a couple.

EDIT: You guys are ruthless.

alan.strawinski.net/images/misc/DSCN1313-WEB.JPG

/me cheers!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:05:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Go away.  You do not know what you are talking about.  Ever consider that you do not need any of that shit to shoot a raccoon?   STFU
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:08:27 PM EDT
[#17]
So... what did you do with the body?
'Would make a swell hat...
'Hafta fix the holes somehow though...
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:09:08 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm calling the cops on you for giving that coon beer.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:09:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go away.  You do not know what you are talking about.  Ever consider that you do not need any of that shit to shoot a raccoon?

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/wildlife/regs/seasons&baglimits.htm

Season for racoon's is Nov 10 thru Jan 31 st.

www.dnr.state.oh.us/wildlife/regs/smallgame.htm

" Fox, raccoon, skunk, opossum, and weasel -  No restrictions on hours except during deer gun season.   Hunters must purchase a Hunting License and a Fur Taker Permit to hunt these species. These species may not be hunted between 1/2 hour before sunrise to sunset during the deer gun season."

Anything else you need to know?  Oh by the way, my degree is in Wildlife Management AND it was obtained in the State of Ohio so I am quite familiar with the rules and regulations of that state.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:10:44 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go away.  You do not know what you are talking about.  Ever consider that you do not need any of that shit to shoot a raccoon?

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/wildlife/regs/smallgame.htm

" Fox, raccoon, skunk, opossum, and weasel -  No restrictions on hours except during deer gun season.   Hunters must purchase a Hunting License and a Fur Taker Permit to hunt these species. These species may not be hunted between 1/2 hour before sunrise to sunset during the deer gun season."

Anything else you need to know?  Oh by the way, my degree is in Wildlife Management AND it was obtained in the State of Ohio so I am quite familiar with the rules and regulations of that state.

And??  What the fuck are you gonna do about it?  Oh, thats right....Nothing.  Get over yourself, and STFU.

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:11:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Good job....Next time we need video
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:14:05 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
You don't own a .22?

It might have been the better choice for the job.
Now you have something new to buy.

I don't own one either.

Well do you at least own a .38?

I knew there was something wrong with you.

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:15:47 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go away.  You do not know what you are talking about.  Ever consider that you do not need any of that shit to shoot a raccoon?   STFU

Oh for your state:

www.dfw.state.or.us/resources/hunting/small_game/regulations/

"Furbearer Pursuit Seasons
No animals shall be killed except during authorized open harvest seasons. A bobcat record card must be in possesion to harvest bobcat. A Furtaker's License or Hunting License for furbearers must be in possesion to pursue."

"Raccoon
November 15 through March 15 Entire State"

So I guess it is YOU who doesn't know what he is talking about in two different states.  Do a little research before you post.  You only look stupid if you don't.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:17:40 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh for your state:

No animals shall be killed except during authorized open harvest seasons. A bobcat record card must be in possesion to harvest bobcat. A Furtaker's License or Hunting License for furbearers must be in possesion to pursue."

"Raccoon

So I guess it is YOU who doesn't know what he is talking about in two different states.  Do a little research before you post.  You only look stupid if you don't.

Am I supposed to give a flying fuck about the law on raccoons?

We arent supposed to shoot wolves either, but I gut shoot every one that I see.  My give-a-shit meter is stuck on zero when it comes to animals like that.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:17:49 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And??  What the fuck are you gonna do about it?  Oh, thats right....Nothing.  Get over yourself, and STFU.

You are so sweet.  Defending a poacher and all :)
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:19:05 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are so sweet.  Defending a poacher and all :)

You damn right I am.  Those bastards deserve to die, regardless of season.  Same goes for Badgers, Wolves, Coyotes, Cougar, neigbors cats, and ground squirrels.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:19:09 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh for your state:

"Raccoon

We arent supposed to shoot wolves either, but I gut shoot every one that I see.  My give-a-shit meter is stuck on zero when it comes to animals like that.

Well I guess we see what you are made of then.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:19:51 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh for your state:

"Raccoon

Incase you havent noticed nobody cares what you think. Its an effin racoon for crying out loud, they are pests, pull the sand out of your mangina.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:21:27 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh for your state:

"Raccoon

Yep.  At least I am not a whiny sniveling little pussy with a wildlife management degree.  No one cares what you think, not even a little.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:24:25 PM EDT
[#30]
LOL That's some funny shit!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:34:44 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh for your state:

"Raccoon

I hope you get raped by a bear
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:36:00 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh for your state:

"Raccoon

Christ you're a moron. Bragging about being a poaching law-breaking sack of shit. Please move to another state.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:47:34 PM EDT
[#33]

Certain categories of persons are exempted from buying various licenses, permits, and/or stamps.

• Landowners and their children -  Are not required to have a hunting license, fur taker permit, deer permit, spring or fall turkey permit or Ohio Wetland Habitat Stamp when they are hunting or trapping on land they own.

Ohio Hunting And Trapping Regulations, 2005-2006. Page 24.

lagadelphia, I'd like you to appologize for calling me a poacher. Now.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:47:41 PM EDT
[#34]
What do you call a mall ninja stuck in an Fish and Game cops body?

Wood ninja?
Wood nymph?
lagadelphia?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:49:01 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Certain categories of persons are exempted from buying various licenses, permits, and/or stamps.

• Landowners and their children -  Are not required to have a hunting license, fur taker permit, deer permit, spring or fall turkey permit or Ohio Wetland Habitat Stamp when they are hunting or trapping on land they own.

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:49:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:12:44 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

we need a "Owned" pic for this....

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:23:36 PM EDT
[#38]
I don't kill animals unless I am going to eat them. It just ain't right.

I would have used a live trap.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:25:00 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh for your state:

"Raccoon

Christ you're a moron. Bragging about being a poaching law-breaking sack of shit.

Speak for yourself.

Please move to another state.

No.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:29:46 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh for your state:

"Raccoon

Christ you're a moron. Bragging about being a poaching law-breaking sack of shit.

Speak for yourself.

No.  

Poachers are lower than scum. You admitted to being a poacher. 'Nuff said.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:34:23 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh for your state:

"Raccoon

Speak for yourself.

No.  

I do not poach game animals, except for cougar.  And I do not know of a single State Police officer where I live that frowns upon killing as many cougars as you can find.  As far as wolves go - a couple were spotted by a feed lot in Joseph, and a fish & game guy said to shoot every one that gets near the place.  I only ever have been around one wolf that has been shot, and I just spotted.  I fully intend to shoot any others that I see in the future, around town at least.  If I am out in the woods, I will leave the wolves alone, but not the cougar.  There are 100x too many of them anyways.

You do not know what you are talking about.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:36:08 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I don't kill animals unless I am going to eat them. It just ain't right.

I would have used a live trap.

Ohio law doesn't share your sense of morality. Ohio Administrative Code 1501:31-15-03(G) says I have to euthanize it within 24 hours. I suppose I could eat it, but I don't like raccoon, and neither does anybody else I know. Instead, I opted for a picture with a bottle of Busch and a trip to the trash can.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:38:30 PM EDT
[#43]
They are tough bastards to kill.  Though I did take one out once with a .177 crosman pellet rifle from thirty yards. Right in the face
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:19:34 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

we need a "Owned" pic for this....

Will this do?

And Subnet, you friggin' SMOKED that mofo!!!

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:20:34 AM EDT
[#45]
My ex-brother-in-law caught a raccoon in his trash, and being the intelligent and kind soul he was, decided the best way to dispose of it was to pour gas on it and light it. It was a plastic trashcan - the trashcan started to melt and the flaming coon got out and hid/burned under his prized mustang...messed up his tire and paint job pretty good. The liquefied trashcan left a neat heat wave-effect on the vinyl siding as well...

I kind of miss the BILs mix of stupidity, alcohol abuse and Darwin award training.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:21:55 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh for your state:

"Raccoon

Speak for yourself.

No.  

I do not poach game animals, except for cougar.  And I do not know of a single State Police officer where I live that frowns upon killing as many cougars as you can find.  As far as wolves go - a couple were spotted by a feed lot in Joseph, and a fish & game guy said to shoot every one that gets near the place.  I only ever have been around one wolf that has been shot, and I just spotted.  I fully intend to shoot any others that I see in the future, around town at least.  If I am out in the woods, I will leave the wolves alone, but not the cougar.  There are 100x too many of them anyways.

No, I'm afraid you don't know what you're talking about. I couldn't care less what some state trooper has to say about hunting laws--they don't enforce them and I'd bet they don't have any idea what the state's hunting laws are anyway. They're basically traffic cops. And just because you don't poach everything you see doesn't make you any less of a poacher, i.e., someone who willfully and knowingly violates state hunting laws. A criminal is a criminal, and you sir are an admitted criminal.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:24:08 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
My ex-brother-in-law caught a raccoon in his trash, and being the intelligent and kind soul he was, decided the best way to dispose of it was to pour gas on it and light it. It was a plastic trashcan - the trashcan started to melt and the flaming coon got out and hid/burned under his prized mustang...messed up his tire and paint job pretty good. The liquefied trashcan left a neat heat wave-effect on the vinyl siding as well...

I kind of miss the BILs mix of stupidity, alcohol abuse and Darwin award training.

Haha, at least it got it's revenge!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:25:02 AM EDT
[#48]
FMJ sails through pretty much anything.  Useless when it comes to putting something down.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:25:48 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh for your state:

"Raccoon

Speak for yourself.

No.  

No, I'm afraid you don't know what you're talking about.I couldn't care less what some state trooper has to say about hunting laws--they don't enforce them and I'd bet they don't have any idea what the state's hunting laws are anyway. They're basically traffic cops.

There you go again, with no fucking clue about anything.  Oregon State Police are Oregon's gamecops.  Fact.

Go ahead, call me a criminal.  Better than being a clueless douchebag.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:31:33 AM EDT
[#50]
For all those "wildlife management experts".  I'm quite sure whatever state is afflicted by your presence has exceptions in the law for "nuisance animals".  

We can shoot raccoons that fit the definition.  Also, deer, possums, cowbirds, wolves, coyotes, feral dogs, goats, cattle and pigs.  Even  cats.

I would suggest liberals stay out of my yard. Mis-identifying  them for a feral pig would be a natural mistake
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top