Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2006 6:49:42 AM EDT
I have noticed that on my digital camera and flash lights that in a 4 battery configuration, one or two batteries will always be discharged to about 0.8V-1V (with the other 2-3 at 1.2V) causing poor device performance. If I switch out that weak battery for a fresh battery, the device works properly.

Why does it always do this? Shouldn't the 4 batteries discharge at similar rates?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:04:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:12:13 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Yes they should. You may have some bad/weak cells.

+1.  My charger has a status light for each battery.  That has helped me weed out individual bad batteries in the past.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:13:25 AM EDT
[#3]
If they are all in serial, they should discharge at the same rate unless some of the cells are bad.  Make sure the charger is working properly also, most 4 AA chargers have 2 circuits (which group together 2 cells).  If one is bad, a pair won't be charged the same as the other.  Mark the cells and experiment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top