BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:34:03 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
WTF folks?  Why is everyone accusing the surviving SEAL of being a butt-pirate?  All Navy jokes aside.

Hell, I'd like to see how many of you would call this man a faggot to his face?  Huh...?  Well, that's what I thought.

Too many on this thread seem to think they are gifted speed editors and olny read what they want to see.

I have followed this story since it came out.  There is nothing homosexual about this story.  Let it rest fellas.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:28:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Navy SEAL found not guilty of murdering another SEAL

Gasper now faces a maximum charge of second-degree murder and a maximum penalty of slightly more than 40 years in prison.

I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express two weeks ago.  Exactly where in the story does it state that a jury returned a "not guilty" verdict?

You are correct.  The article states only that the judge presiding threw out the first degree murder charge.  He is still standing trial for 2nd degree murder.

See the link that I posted above about him being found not guilty.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:28:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Entire Story from The Navy Times.

April 10, 2006

SEAL ‘stepped over that line’
Commando accused of murder speaks of victim’s erratic, violent behavior

By Gordon Trowbridge
Times staff writer

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. — It began with three words of Navy SEAL barroom code.

“Where you at?”

That question, according to the man who uttered it outside a beachfront tavern at closing time, translates as “Are you a SEAL?” in the Navy’s small community of elite warriors. And those three words touched off a chain of events that left one Navy SEAL dead of a gunshot wound and a second on trial for murder.

In gripping and occasionally emotional testimony March 30 in a Virginia Beach civilian courtroom, Aviation Boatswain’s Mate (Fuels) 1st Class (SEAL) Ronald J. Gasper told 15 jurors how he befriended a stumbling, intoxicated fellow SEAL, Boatswain’s Mate 2nd Class (SEAL) Bradley Jondahl, and brought him home in an attempt to keep him out of trouble; how an increasingly violent Jondahl attacked him, choked him to near-unconsciousness; and how, backed into a corner of his garage, Gasper struggled one last time with Jondahl before the gun fired into Jondahl’s abdomen.

Prosecutors tried to poke holes in that story of self-defense as the trial neared conclusion. They pointed out that Gasper never told police who responded to the crime scene that he’d acted in self-defense. Gasper said he felt it best to remain mum until he’d spoken to a lawyer.

But in nearly two hours of questioning by defense attorney James Broccoletti, Gasper tried to explain the central mystery of the case: How did two highly skilled and disciplined SEALs, who apparently had never met before the early morning of July 31, 2004, wind up after a night on the town with one man dead and the other in a jail cell?

Swaying and stumbling

Gasper, 31, faces a second-degree murder charge, which carries a sentence of from five to 40 years in prison, as well as a firearms charge, in Jondahl’s death. Originally charged with first-degree murder — and a mandatory life sentence if convicted — Gasper’s defense team won a decision from Virginia Beach Circuit Court Judge Stephen Mahan that prosecutors failed to present evidence Gasper had acted with premeditation, a key factor in first-degree murder.

While 2½ days of prosecution evidence presentations focused on technical questions such as DNA tests and blood alcohol levels, Gasper’s fate is likely to ultimately depend on how credible the jury finds his description of the events leading up to Jondahl’s death — events to which Gasper is the only living witness.

As the bars on Virginia Beach’s oceanfront Shore Drive were closing at around 2 a.m., Gasper said, he was standing outside a bar, speaking with a couple, bumming a cigarette and waiting for a cab when a large man shoved his way out of a tavern door and stumbled outside.

“It looked like he was swaying, stumbling, and he looked like he may be a SEAL,” Gasper said of the man who turned out to be Jondahl. “I could just tell.”

“Where you at?” Gasper asked, and learned Jondahl was assigned to SEAL Delivery Vehicle Team 2 at nearby Little Creek Naval Amphibious Base. Fearing Jondahl was too drunk to safely make it home, Gasper invited the younger SEAL to share a cab, and they rode to Gasper’s home.

Once there, Jondahl was sullen, Gasper testified, saying little more than that he wanted another drink. Almost immediately, Gasper said, Jondahl began acting strangely, trying to wrestle and shadow-box with Gasper, and asking for a drink.

Gasper said he tried to interest Jondahl in playing a game of pool, but Jondahl remained uncommunicative and increasingly agitated. Gasper said he called a girlfriend three times in an unsuccessful attempt to get her and one of her girlfriends to come over to the home. He hoped the women might help calm Jondahl down.

At one point, Gasper said, Jondahl grabbed a bottle of Seagram’s 7 Crown whiskey from Gasper’s bar and drank straight from the bottle. For his part, Gasper said he’d stopped drinking once the duo left the bar.

A medical examiner testified that tests showed Jondahl had a blood-alcohol concentration of 0.16 percent — twice Virginia’s legal intoxication level — at the time he died, about three hours after the shooting.

Gasper’s attempts to soothe the fellow SEAL failed, he said, and Jondahl’s continued erratic and violent behavior made him uncomfortable.

“He kind of stepped over that line,” Gasper said. And despite earlier worries about Jondahl’s safety, he forced Jondahl out of the house and directed him to a gas station with a pay phone just down the street.

Gasper got ready for bed, he said — only to hear a loud thump and the slam of a door. He walked out his bedroom door, through his house and out a back door onto the patio — where Jondahl confronted him, he told jurors.

The taller, heavier Jondahl violently grabbed Gasper, maneuvering him into a headlock, picking him up from the ground and swinging him, Gasper said. “I was going unconscious,” he told jurors.

So shocked and near passing out was Gasper that he lost control of his bowels.

Gasper said he escaped by managing to force Jondahl backwards into the brick wall of the house, retreated to his bedroom and retrieved a 9mm Sig Sauer handgun. Jondahl followed, he said, and they confronted one another in Gasper’s living room — Gasper pointing the pistol toward Jondahl and demanding he calm down, Jondahl pacing and muttering, eventually coming toward Gasper and whispering, “I’m going to kill you.”

Walking backward through the kitchen and into his garage, Gasper told jurors, he repeatedly demanded that Jondahl stop, firing a warning shot into the garage floor before Jondahl finally closed, they struggled, and the weapon fired, the shot piercing Jondahl’s intestines and two major blood vessels.

At 4:07 a.m., Gasper called 9-1-1 and told the operator that he’d “shot a guy in the gut.” In the call, which was played repeatedly in court, Gasper described a “f------up situation” and said he wished he’d never let Jondahl into his home. While on the phone, Gasper left Jondahl in the garage while he went back to his bedroom to clean himself up.

When police arrived, Gasper raised the garage door and greeted the officers. Jondahl lay on the floor. Police testified that Gasper told them simply that his fellow SEAL was “acting f------up, so I shot him.”

“Oh my God,” Gasper told jurors he thought. “What just happened?”

Colleagues’ testimony pivotal

Though no one else was in the home, Gasper’s defense will depend on testimony from a neighbor, Iris Printz, who told jurors she heard loud voices from Gasper’s home, followed by a man yelling, “Stop, STOP!” before hearing two pops.

But if the verdict hinges on Gasper’s story of self-defense, testimony of colleagues from the Naval Special Warfare Development Group — also known as SEAL Team 6 — may be key.

Two members of the secretive antiterrorism unit of which Gasper is a member told jurors that Gasper has a reputation in the tight-knit SEAL community as truthful, dependable — even, in defense lawyer Broccoletti’s words, “peaceful.”

“Because he’s cool-headed and calm” even under stress, “I consider Ron peaceful,” said Bob F., one of several SEALs to testify under security restrictions concealing their identities.

Gasper’s stiff courtroom demeanor was broken only once during the trial as he described a conversation he had with a policewoman shortly after the shooting. As the two stood in his concrete driveway, he said he told the officer he needed a few minutes to collect his thoughts.

Gasper then choked up and wiped away tears as he recalled saying, “Look, I have to stop. I just shot a guy.”

Prosecutors, though, have presented a different portrait. They have tried to cast doubt on the authenticity of evidence — including a damaged doorway and a spent shell casing, undiscovered by police, which the defense contends is evidence of Gasper’s warning shot.

Under cross-examination by prosecutors, Gasper admitted he made no mention of self-defense to police. Nor, he admits, did he tell them Jondahl choked him or threatened to kill him.

Gasper said police had him handcuffed and placed in a car so quickly that he was unsure of his legal status.

He said he thought it best to seek legal counsel before saying anything at all.

And, prosecutors Thomas Murphy and Scott Lang have contended, the supposedly calm-under-stress SEAL sent the situation out of control by taking up the handgun.

“There was a scuffle,” Lang told jurors. “But it was the defendant who entered a weapon into that scuffle.”

Gasper told jurors he does not regret that decision. “I feel like it saved my life,” he testified.

With nearly two years to reflect on the events of that night, his attorney asked, could he have somehow avoided Jondahl’s death? Could he have done something different?

“Today, looking back, I’d like to think so,” Gasper said.

“But no.”
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:46:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for that post, KA3B.

Prosecutors, though, have presented a different portrait. They have tried to cast doubt on the authenticity of evidence — including a damaged doorway and a spent shell casing, undiscovered by police, which the defense contends is evidence of Gasper’s warning shot.

Under cross-examination by prosecutors, Gasper admitted he made no mention of self-defense to police. Nor, he admits, did he tell them Jondahl choked him or threatened to kill him.
 Damned if you do, damned if you don't.  If you try to explain anything to police at the scene then your words will be twisted against you by the prosecutor.  If you don't try to explain what happened then the prosecutor will just make up shit.

Gasper said police had him handcuffed and placed in a car so quickly that he was unsure of his legal status.

He said he thought it best to seek legal counsel before saying anything at all.
 Despite going through a traumatic situation, he was able to keep his head and do the right thing in an attempt to protect his rights.

And, prosecutors Thomas Murphy and Scott Lang have contended, the supposedly calm-under-stress SEAL sent the situation out of control by taking up the handgun.  Yes, it would have been far better to let himself get choked to death.

“There was a scuffle,” Lang told jurors. “But it was the defendant who entered a weapon into that scuffle.”  I've been choked plenty of times in the dojo and I would hardly describe that as a 'scuffle'.  This was a life-and-death situation and he had to take action to save his life.  

Gasper told jurors he does not regret that decision. “I feel like it saved my life,” he testified.

If I were a gay SEAL, I would find a gay bar for anal sex, not a fellow SEAL who I had never even met before.  Most gay men don't try to convince their girlfriend to come over and bring a femal friend.  Those are not the actions of a gay man.  A gay man would have offered Jondahl a few more drinks to get him relaxed and open him up to an 'alternative lifestyle'.  There isn't even a hint of gayness in this story.  My 2 cents.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:26:07 AM EDT
[#5]
For Fucks Sake!!! I posted a link of Gasper being Acquitted and people STILL refuse to believe it. I'll post the story here for the mentally challenged. I'm starting to question why I became a Team Member because of this shit in every thread. BTW... I'll say this one more time. THERE IS NOTHING "GAY" ABOUT IT!

By JON FRANK, The Virginian-Pilot
© April 6, 2006

VIRGINIA BEACH — The Navy SEAL who shot and killed a fellow commando in 2004 after a night of heavy drinking at Shore Drive bars was acquitted Wednesday by a jury that determined he acted in self-defense.

Ronald J. Gasper, 31, embraced his defense attorneys in the courtroom after Circuit Judge Stephen C. Mahan adjourned the trial.

The jury deliberated for three hours before clearing Gasper of second-degree murder, voluntary manslaughter and a weapons violation in the death of Bradley Jondahl, 24, on July 31, 2004.

The verdict came on the trial’s eighth day.

Gasper’s family, friends and supporters, including several SEALs, gasped with relief as the not-guilty verdicts were read shortly before noon. On the other side of the courtroom, Jondahl’s family from South Dakota wept.

Gasper still faces an $11 million wrongful-death lawsuit filed by Bradley Jondahl's parents, pictured above, right, after the verdict. Jondahl’s father, Rodney Jondahl, said of Gasper, “It is not over for him.”  

“We were hurt a year and one-half ago,” said Jondahl’s father, Rodney, outside the courtroom. “And we got hurt again today.”

Outside the courthouse, Gasper walked arm in arm with his parents, Ronald D. and Sandra Gasper of Spencer, Ohio. The SEAL described his reaction to the verdict as “complete elation.”

Gasper, a member of SEAL Team 6, said he would savor the rest of the day, his first away from the case in nearly two years.

“I am going to spend it with my family and friends and my 3-year-old daughter,” Gasper said. He would not comment on whether his career as a SEAL is over.

A spokesman for the SEALs said Gasper’s future with the elite group is currently “under review and has yet to be determined.”

However, Gasper’s “command will request reinstatement of his security clearance to support future duty assignments,” said the spokesman, Jeffrey Bender of the Navy Special Warfare Command in San Diego. Bender said the Navy has no plans to pursue additional charges against Gasper.

Gasper’s lead attorney, James O. Broccoletti of Norfolk, said he doubted Gasper could continue working at such a secretive position after so much publicity. “But that is just an opinion,” he said.

Gasper’s sensitive military job was a key reason the trial was so unusual.

Because of national security concerns, the judge ordered that no member of the military be identified by last name. Instead, lawyers and court officers used the witnesses’ first names and last initials.

Also, the judge ordered that military personnel could not be photographed from the neck up. He allowed cameras in the courtroom to photograph anything or anyone else.

The trial delved into Jondahl’s death and into the well-publicized SEAL creed that requires commandos to leave no man behind.

“The SEAL creed – that is what this case is about,” prosecutor Thomas Murphy said in his closing arguments.

More than 10 SEALs testified – some for Gasper, others for Jondahl.

They revealed a split in the SEAL community that developed after SEAL Team 6 was created and became separated from the other East Coast SEAL teams at Little Creek Naval Amphibious Base.

One SEAL testified that the Dam Neck SEALs are better equipped and better trained and have become standoffish toward the SEALs at Little Creek.

Jondahl was a member of a Little Creek SEAL team when he died from a gunshot wound to the abdomen.

There was never any doubt how he received the wound. Gasper admitted to police that he shot Jondahl because he “was acting … up.”

The question for the jury was: Did Gasper have a reasonable fear for his life when he fired his Sig Sauer 9 mm gun at point-blank range?

In testimony, Gasper said he invited Jondahl to his house on Hinsdale Street because Jondahl was drunk and needed help getting home safely.

“That is just what we do,” Gasper testified. “If you are sober, even if you are not,” SEALs helps each other.

But once home, Gasper claimed, Jondahl – who was 6-foot-2 and 230 pounds – began acting aggressively, punching him and shadow-boxing. Eventually, Gasper persuaded Jondahl to leave.

Moments later, he said, Jondahl broke through the front door and continued to physically assault Gasper. He gripped the much smaller Gasper in a choke-hold that caused the SEAL Team 6 member to defecate in his pants.

Gasper said he broke free before losing consciousness, got a gun from a bedroom and tried to get Jondahl to leave.

But Gasper said Jondahl continued to pursue him. After backing into the garage, Gasper said, he fired a warning shot just before the two commandos began to struggle over the gun. “Then the gun went off,” Gasper testified.

Broccoletti said he believed the case turned on several facts that pointed to Gasper’s innocence.

Broccoletti said those included the location where the fatal shot was fired, which proved that Gasper retreated into the garage until he was cornered; and the defecation, which showed the force that Jo ndahl used in his attack on Gasper.

“They lead to only one conclusion,” Broccoletti said. “He fired in self-defense.”

Last week, Mahan threw out a charge of first-degree murder, ruling that there was no evidence of premeditation.

Prosecutors maintained that Gasper should not have introduced a handgun into what was essentially “a wrestling match.”

But Broccoletti produced several SEALs who testified Jondahl had a history of violence when drunk. On more than one occasion, they testified, Jondahl had to be pulled off other SEALs during fights.

The Jondahl family vowed Wednesday that they will not stop seeking justice. In January, they filed an $11 million wrongful-death lawsuit in Circuit Court against Gasper.

Jondahl’s father, Rodney Jondahl, said of Gasper, “It is not over for him. He is going to pay in the end for what has happened and for what he has done.”

Rodney Jondahl said he held no bitterness toward the Navy.

“Brad loved the Navy,” he said. “He was serving his country.”

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:33:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
For Fucks Sake!!! I posted a link of Gasper being Acquitted and people STILL refuse to believe it. I'll post the story here for the mentally challenged. I'm starting to question why I became a Team Member because of this shit in every thread. BTW... I'll say this one more time. THERE IS NOTHING "GAY" ABOUT IT!

One thing you'll figure out around here, S-1...is that no matter what color, what font, or what size you make your posts....some people just seem to not read them, and continue to spew crap....

Thanks for postingit, although people will probably just pass over it to post more Brokeback Mountain jokes....

After reading through everything, I am happy he was acquitted, and hope he will be allowed to continue his service, if he so desires. He sounds like a good man in a bad situation which he got into by following the code....
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:32:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Dead men tell no gay tales.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 1:38:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Lets see, if I was an 180lb trained ninja and a 250lb trained killing gorilla was stomping a mudhole in me... I would definitely try to de escalate the situation.  Of course... that would usually entail holeing myself up in my secure room and hope the police got there before my 12ga slug got to the gorilla.

Still would have ended up with the big guy getting shot...  Question is, would the little guy still look like a murderer?  

FYI: ADaughen is not a 180lb trained ninja.   Nor a gorilla.

I just think if he had posed more of a defensive stance he might have walked away clean.  Instead he went to greet his assailant with a firearm.  Looked bad to the jury.

I'm kinda torn on that.  I don't want someone tearing up my house but I also don't want to just go hunting down every bump in the night with an AR and maglite.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:22:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Good God....There's NO hope for this place.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:26:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I just think if he had posed more of a defensive stance he might have walked away clean.  Instead he went to greet his assailant with a firearm.  Looked bad to the jury.

Then why was he acquitted?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:26:36 PM EDT
[#11]
lets see, how much money did we loose in training because two very bright and talented young men drank too much........sad shit.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:33:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He was aquited of murder 1.  Meaning the DA got greedy.  There was obviously no premeditation involved.  

Given a different defense attorney and a different jury and it could have been different.

My statement you quoted... he could have possibly gotten off without even having to go to court.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:37:25 PM EDT
[#13]
correct me if I'm wrong but the last time I checked you can't be tried for the same crime twice????
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:43:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He was aquited of murder 1.  Meaning the DA got greedy.  There was obviously no premeditation involved.  

Given a different defense attorney and a different jury and it could have been different.

My statement you quoted... he could have possibly gotten off without even having to go to court.

HOLY FUCK!!!! This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about! Look at my post above with the Virginia-Pilot article saying that he got ACQUITTED.

Staff. Can I get a refund?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:58:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HOLY FUCK!!!! This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about! Look at my post above with the Virginia-Pilot article saying that he got ACQUITTED.

Jesus Christ.  Reading is fundamental, huh brother.  My suggestion: don't lose any sleep over it; it's just ARFCOM.

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:19:03 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Seriously, S-1, don't worry about it.  It was a great article and justice was served.  I really hope he continues serving:

However, Gasper’s “command will request reinstatement of his security clearance to support future duty assignments,” said the spokesman, Jeffrey Bender of the Navy Special Warfare Command in San Diego. Bender said the Navy has no plans to pursue additional charges against Gasper.

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:27:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seriously, S-1, don't worry about it.  It was a great article and justice was served.  I really hope he continues serving:

quote]

I'm not worried about it. I just can't get over the amount of morons that are at this place and people continue to let them Troll. I've had to deal with the same shit over at the AR boards where the "Colt Nutjobs" couldn't fathem that some Units in the Military use something other than a Colt.

Whatever.... It's the Internet.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:30:41 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

quote]

I'm not worried about it. I just can't get over the amount of morons that are at this place and people continue to let them Troll. I've had to deal with the same shit over at the AR boards where the "Colt Nutjobs" couldn't fathem that some Units in the Military use something other than a Colt.

Whatever.... It's the Internet.

General Discussion has become more of a zoo.  At least in the little time I've been here.

Hey, what you got against Colts??  (Just joking)  
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:40:02 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I'm kinda torn on that.  I don't want someone tearing up my house but I also don't want to just go hunting down every bump in the night with an AR and maglite.

Holy farkin' christmas.....

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:03:08 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, if you go back and read the news stories you would see that he was acquitted of second degree murder, voluntary manslaughter and a weapons violation. First degree murder wasn't even on the table.  It was thrown out by the judge early on because there was no evidence of premeditation.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:03:55 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Actually, if you go back and read the news stories you would see that he was acquitted of second degree murder, voluntary manslaughter and a weapons violation. First degree murder wasn't even on the table.  It was thrown out by the judge early on because there was no evidence of premeditation.

Shh!

Don't confuse him with the facts.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:11:17 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shh!

Oh, sorry! Sometime I forget that this is the GD and facts just get in the way of petty arguments
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:33:00 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shh!

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:42:58 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That story set the gaydar off for some reason.

+1

I have a feeling that is not exactly what happened.

Two horny seals...no women, one figures what the hell, I'll try to slip one to the team member.....
Seals or not, they are .gov guys like most of us have been around in the service. Some alcohol and a hard leg and you don't have a clue what kind of f*cked up shit they'll try.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:44:48 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Two horny seals...no women, one figures what the hell, I'll try to slip one to the team member.....
Seals or not, they are .gov guys like most of us have been around in the service. Some alcohol and a hard leg and you don't have a clue what kind of f*cked up shit they'll try.

You have got to be kidding me.

I have never in all my life heard so many insinuations that SEALs are gay.

I hope those of you saying this kind of stuff don't go blabbing it in any of the bars in Virginia Beach....
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:54:58 PM EDT
[#26]
I am going to go out on a limb and make the guess that there is a lot more suppressed/repressed homosexuality to be found in some Arcom posters than Seal Team 6.

Alcohol is not for everyone.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:57:27 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Then, Gasper said, "the gun went off."

C'mon, our SEALS are supposed to be trained well enough to know that is total bullshit.

I'll give the guy the benifit of the doubt, but that was exactly what I thought when I read that line...
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:58:35 PM EDT
[#28]
I think I would have shot that guy too.  The only reason for one person to attach another is to kill them, drunk or not.  There is no such think as playing when not in a designated training area with clear rules.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:10:22 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope those of you saying this kind of stuff don't go blabbing it in any of the bars in Virginia Beach....

By contrast I would like to see some of them spouting off like this in one of the bars here in Va Bch.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:16:53 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No one said  SEALS in general are gay......
Story reeks of gayness, that's my opinion. You were not there and I was not there.
My opinion is that the one of 'em  was protecting his ass (literally).
Definitly not the kind of super hero stuff you SF worshipers here on the board would expect so you can't even consider it as a possibility.
If I did "go blabbing" in Virginia where these mythical creatures drink, I feel pretty certain that they would shake there head and ignore me.
One of the SEALS created this f*cked up situation, but only one is left to tell the story.
Drinking is no excuse for anything, anyone, anytime.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:27:39 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Story reeks of gayness, that's my opinion. You were not there and I was not there.
Definitly not the kind of super hero stuff you SF worshipers here on the board would expect so you can't even consider it as a possibility.
If I did "go blabbing" in Virginia where these mythical creatures drink, I feel pretty certain that they would shake there head and ignore me.
One of the SEALS created this f*cked up situation, but only one is left to tell the story.

HAHAHAHAHA... RRRIIGGHHTT!!

I guess you are one of MANY Morons that can't read the thread or comprehend what's in it.

Gasper has/had an "exotic dancer" girlfriend that he made 3 phone calls to that night about an hour before the SHTF. She said in her testimony that he had called her 3 times to come over and to bring a friend for Jondahl to have a little fun too. Yeah, that just WREAKS of "gayness".
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:15:54 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Then try going there and talking about how a dead former teammate was looking to rape another teammate.

You may not get punched, but you will most likely get a good talking to.

You and I were NOT there.....but the difference is that I am not introducing some idiotic grabass theory out of thin air. YOU are. I am sticking to the facts as presented in the story.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:20:59 AM EDT
[#33]
"Navy SEAL found not guilty of murdering retarded ARFCOMMER"
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:11:18 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Dead men tell no gay tales.

+1

Ha ha, well put.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:24:24 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That story set the gaydar off for some reason.

Exactly.  Something happened that set Jondahl off.  What makes no sense is the fight, as described, had no catalyst.

If the word "SEAL" was removed and Virginia Beach replaced with "San Francisco" it would be plain.

The 'catylist' comes in bottles at the Class 6....

Somebody got drunk off his ass & lost control. He got shot.

He was shot in the gut by a man who was trained to kill better than that...

Sounds like self defense to me.....

As for the shooter being 'trained better', he was... He was trained in such a manner that intent to kill would have been a lethal shot, not a gut shot... And no amount of training can eliminate NDs in a hand-to-hand fight involving firearms. We're not talking about trip-on-stairs-gun-go-bang, we're talking about 2 combatinants fighting with a firearm in the middle. In that case, things do 'happen'...

P.S. At least where I am, 90%+ of the '15s and courts martial are for booze-related offenses... I find it hard to believe that the problems some personell have with the drink are limited to the ROK (or to the military for that mattar)...
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:34:26 AM EDT
[#36]
P.S. Let me comment a bit on UAC and chokeholds...

I'm not a SEAL - just plain old Regular Army... Aviation to be exact...

We still do combatives - and the Army system is based primarily on chokes & joint manipulation (arm bars, etc)...

That shit can kill you, and a big enough guy (we've got a few, and these are just helo mechanics) in the right position can hold you there training or no training. In practice, I have seen people get into positions that, in 'real combat' (eg no tap-outs, he's really trying to kill your ass)  would be lethal unless someone made it a gunfight.... Now take a big enough guy, add more training, and give him a good dose of 'liquid courage', and you have a run-away machine that will kill you if you don't shut it down first....

I have also seen people get choked out before - let's just say that if that happens to you outside of training, you will have NO illusion as to what your opponent is trying to do. Cutting off blood to the brain is a very effective way to make someone very dead, weather you do it by blood loss or by choke hold...
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:35:54 AM EDT
[#37]
P.S. In case you missed it, I have a pretty negative opinion of what happens when you mix troops with large quantities of alchohol over a short time...

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top