Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:05:28 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
go brush your teeth you filthy limey!

petit moi?

www.strangepersons.com/images/content/101457.jpg

That's got to be a meth addict or something.

While we are here in the GD, where people might actually read this, can we get a quick run-down of the British gun laws?

Also... are cigarettes really in the area of $10/pack there??? What percentage of people in GB smoke?

A British dude I met one time told me when he first came to the US, he shared a sandwich with a homeless dude.  He asked him, "fancy a fag?" (would you like a cigarette), but the homeless dude didn't get it, and pulled a knife on him... I guess he explained himself fast enough.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:05:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Well.....I'm on the site fairly often but I missed the bashing.  Anyways, I like the Brits a lot and see GB as our closest allie by far.  Hope that too much damage wasn't done and that you continue to visit and post on the site.

Thanks!

Thanks for your support

Taffy
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:05:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The only reason to save Britain from Islam...
www.hunt101.com/img/393568.jpg
...oh yeah, Tony Blair is OK too.

Is that Koran -spice?

NO!...  that is a motive for war!  

I want my fingers on the two brown buttons.  

Unfortunately "MY" finger is not on the big red button"

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:06:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Well.....I'm on the site fairly often but I missed the bashing.  Anyways, I like the Brits a lot and see GB as our closest allie by far.  Hope that too much damage wasn't done and that you continue to visit and post on the site.

Thanks!

Thanks for your support

Taffy
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:06:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I can understand some good-natured ribbing, and the only time I remember seeing things get mildly ugly in a "good" way was the thread where Andy was going on about how Brit subs could sink USN CVN's, and blah blah blah.

IMO, big woop. That, at least, was a scuffle between well-intentioned professionals.

I don't know where he was called a traitor, but I call BULLSHIT immediately. He's been one of the nicest and most patriotic (both British AND American) guys on this board, and the fact he seems to have left is something I consider one of the great travesties in the history of this site.

We can beat the shit out of the Brits for their gun control, spineless police forces, and whatnot, but I challenge ANYONE to point to a more reliable ally to our country, come hell or high water. They and we are all that stand between the evils of this world and civilization.

Sorry, but I'm very disappointed with this turn of events.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:08:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I've missed a sh*tstorm I see...just as well...

Ya know, Taffy...gotta tell ya...I never even NOTICE where a poster is from, half the time!  Hell, I didn't know Striker was Canadian until 2 months ago.

Don't take it personal...we Americans beat up on each other just as roughly (I live in Massachusetts...trust me, I know of what I speak )

So long as your location is not "Pakistani caves awaiting virgins" I think you're ok.

Pakistan is lucky.....there's no virgins left in Wales

I believe they made the mistake and wondered afar...
"Here be Dragons," and all

Honey.....

My wife breathes fire often....believe me. "Shit appens"/dragons live

You may not look for poster location but many do an use that as a reason for insults.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:10:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

petit moi?

While we are here in the GD, where people might actually read this, can we get a quick run-down of the British gun laws?

Also... are cigarettes really in the area of $10/pack there??? What percentage of people in GB smoke?

A British dude I met one time told me when he first came to the US, he shared a sandwich with a homeless dude.  He asked him, "fancy a fag?" (would you like a cigarette), but the homeless dude didn't get it, and pulled a knife on him... I guess he explained himself fast enough.

If you want to get an idea of prices in Limey-land, take the American price and put a pound sign in front of it instead of a $ sign.

At the current exchange rate, you are paying pretty much double.  Pack of smokes?  $10.  "Value meal" at Burger King, $12.   etc.

- BG
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:11:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:12:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

petit moi?

The UK gun laws are too exhaustive to recollect here but if you visit the UK AR15.com forum I think most of the laws are covered there. I did take an AR15.com member from here (Texas) Shooting with my AR.
I could only offer my humble house for him to have a snack and we then went for a few beers to shoot the shit........we are so so so similar.

You know who you are.

thanks

Taffy
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:12:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Taffy223 - Your  welcome.

PS - I'm sorry to hear of your losses as well.  Hang tough.

PSS - Dang, I didn't know ANdy quite posting.  My apologies to you and him for any unwarranted insults.  There is a difference between a good ribbing and a downright insult.   Ignore the idiot post...PLEASE.  

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:13:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I think people need to realize that it only takes one or two idiots to fuck up a thread.

Next time you are bashed, count the total number of posters in the thread and then cout the numbers of bashers.

Bet it is a very small but very vocal minority.

Posting on the internet can give an idiot an audience he would never be able to hold in the real world.

I hear what you are saying but it can get very monotinous thread after thread.....
And the site staff not even looking out for the moderator was shocking.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:14:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I am confused by the topic title. Am I supposed to bash Brits here or what? I really don't see the point in it.

do we deserve to be bashed?

There are three definites in life:
1. Death
2. Taxes
3. The Brits standing by our side in our time of need. Every time!

Of those three you can be sure of. That said I don't know what prompted this thread or what made Vito leave, but I will say we have idiots on our side of the pond, too. Sadly, despite the fact that they are the minority, they are also the most vocal.. Don't take the rantings of a few as  representative of the opinions of the majority.....God Save the Queen
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:14:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Posting on the internet can give an idiot an audience he would never be able to hold in the real world.

Preach it, brother.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:15:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:16:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Your  welcome.

PSS - Dang, I didn't know ANdy quite posting.  My apologies to you and him for any unwarranted insults.  There is a difference between a good ribbing and a downright insult.

Thanks again.

See

It amazes me at how honest and compassionate you guys can be.
compared to some of the shit I see in GD.

I wish Andy would come back but I respect him too much to beg him to come back.
I respect his decisions.
he's an intelligent guy.

Taffy
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:16:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
1. Death
2. Taxes

Except for those minor cock-ups in 1775 and 1812.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:17:56 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I am confused by the topic title. Am I supposed to bash Brits here or what? I really don't see the point in it.

do we deserve to be bashed?

1. Death
2. Taxes
4. Asking the Brits to return the WW2 lend / lease weapons

My sarcasm...but I see it mentioned all too often......

Of those three you can be sure of. That said I don't know what prompted this thread or what made Vito leave, but I will say we have idiots on our side of the pond, too. Sadly, despite the fact that they are the minority, they are also the most vocal.. Don't take the rantings of a few as  representative of the opinions of the majority.....God Save the Queen

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:18:16 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Your  welcome.

PSS - Dang, I didn't know ANdy quite posting.  My apologies to you and him for any unwarranted insults.  There is a difference between a good ribbing and a downright insult.

Thanks again.

See

It amazes me at how honest and compassionate you guys can be.
compared to some of the shit I see in GD.

I respect his decisions.
he's an intelligent guy.

Taffy

Understood and I respect his decision.  PLease offer him my apologies none-the-less!  Now Lock & Load.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:18:58 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Then don't beg him.

Invite him to read this thread (and an IM I sent him a week ago or so), and realize that he's missed and wanted back.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:19:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Do I see 'toe'?  

Oh, and, God save the Queen and all that.  Carry on.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:21:56 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then don't beg him.

Invite him to read this thread (and an IM I sent him a week ago or so), and realize that he's missed and wanted back.

Mate
I go into hospital tomorrow. I'm gone from here for a few weeks. Andy, I imagine still reads here.
He knows whats been posted and who thinks what.
He's a big man and he'll stand by any decision or retraction.

Taffy

It's not my call
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:24:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do I see 'toe'?  

Oh, and, God save the Queen and all that.  Carry on.

I think you'll find this is a toe...

Taffy
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:24:18 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
We have people who have never gotten over the Lee's unconditional surrender.

That war ain't over yet.  It's just half-time.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:24:52 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The British have been our best and closest ally for more than half a century, sure there are some differences between our nations but I am not going to lump every single Brit in one basket and bash them.

I am friends with Vito113 aka Andy, find it sad that he got run off.   He always gave a good scoop on things over in the British MOD especially the Royal Navy.    I am hoping one of these days to take a trip over the pond and buy him a pint then take a trip to Duxford to look at all the WWII goodies.

If you ever need an intro for Duxford IM me. My brother is a member of the "Friends of Duxford"
I'll get you in ....no problem...
I promise
Taffy

I'll buy you, your brother, and Andy a pint/many pints for a trip to Duxford and any other cool spot to go in the UK if and when I get over the pond.    There is more history to see in the UK than a lifetime allows to see.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:25:00 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
~snip~

Taffy, we all thought that Vito had a bit thicker skin than that…(at least I did)

I was very sorry to see him go.

Having posted on a UK website or two, I can say that you lot are not above giving the colonials a large round of shit. Sadly, we are no better
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:26:47 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

1. Death
2. Taxes

Good point! Since you limey civvies can't have them, you might as well give them back. At the very least those yanks living in Red states can play with them......
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:32:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Allies for sure.

The wrong end of the stick got swung when it came to your guns, that's for sure.

Fish n Chips, Bacon Sandwiches, and proper pints.

Huzzah!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:33:09 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Huzzah!

Warm beer, though?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:33:11 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1. Death
2. Taxes

Good point! Since you limey civvies can't have them, you might as well give them back. At the very least those yanks living in Red states can play with them......

I love the .....

but you are wrong....

I own an AR in .223
I've just aquired my first HK .223 SA80 mag.....she's a fucking beauty.
Send your HK mags to Taffy223

on the new

Lend/give....programme

Taffy
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:33:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Two words to sum up the UK: pussifed and quaint . Everyone there seems to be caught up in very inane bullshit, more than anywhere else I've been. Soccer, pop-music, mobile phones, binge drinking, weird stupid tv shows, beans on toast, millions and millions of old people, tv licenses, insane amounts of bureaucracy, having to do everything the most complicated, innefficient way possible. The country today is utterly devoid of all manliness. It feels like a giant old-folks home. They don't call it a "nanny-state" for nothing. I HATE what that place has allowed itself to become. I beleive their male gene pool suffered a terminal wounding from WWI and WWII.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:34:08 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Huzzah!

Warm beer, though?

I'm a lager Man...gotta be cold....ice-cold
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:36:47 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Two words to sum up the UK: pussifed and quaint . Everyone there seems to be caught up in very inane bullshit, more than anywhere else I've been. Soccer, pop-music, mobile phones, binge drinking, weird stupid tv shows, beans on toast, millions and millions of old people, tv licenses, insane amounts of bureaucracy, having to do everything the most complicated, innefficient way possible. The country today is utterly devoid of all manliness. It feels like a giant old-folks home. They don't call it a "nanny-state" for nothing. I HATE what that place has allowed itself to become. I beleive their male gene pool suffered a terminal wounding from WWI and WWII.

Obviously, they could use a man's man like you to re-invigorate their breeding stock. I bet you'll be a smash hit with those sophisticated European women, too.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:38:42 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

ok row

you are right

but I'm a shooter
I'm a gun owner
I do not conform to the norm
I enjoy shooting
The UK has become a nanny state
But I'm one of the few who still shoots
As are the other Brits who post here.

So why shit on the Brit posters who post her coz They are Brits?

We are after all ....the same as you.

WE own guns and we like shooting....all be it target or hunting

Taffy

here's my rifle

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:39:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Well since you all don't need guns Taffy, I would like to take sole possession of the Enfield Pattern room.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:40:20 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Obviously, they could use a man's man like you to re-invigorate their breeding stock. I bet you'll be a smash hit with those sophisticated European women, too.

Nail
=
Head

Thanks Rodent
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:42:48 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit, he'd take that place by storm!

Soccer
pop-music
mobile phones
binge drinking
weird stupid tv shows
beans on toast,
millions and millions of old people
tv licenses
insane amounts of bureaucracy
having to do everything the most complicated, innefficient way possible

You realize you just described the United States right? What's that about living in glass houses and throwing stones...
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:43:41 PM EDT
[#37]
You gotta get past my 1936 Mauser first....
then past the .303
and the 5.56 is peanuts

did i mention handguns were banned here

here's 3 of mine...

I know my pistols
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:44:15 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

"Indeed, if Ye Red Coat shite panted bastards seeke to confiscate the firelocks of oure unsanctioned militia, we shalle fire uppon them & pursue them all thee way to Boston, killing as many as we can."

(Quote stolen, I believe, from FLA1A.)

It was the sanctioned militia which fired back at the government soldiers at Concord and Lexington.

The British soldiers disobeyed orders and, out of fear, fatigue, and bad leadership and morale, they shot first at the British colonists who were massing to possibly attack them.

In April 1775, the British were NOT attempting to confiscate any firearms. Their mission was to destroy military supplies and artillery which might be used against them in a civil war. The colonial militias had been, up until 1775, the arm of the British government in America to keep the civil peace and to defend the colonies against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Indeed, since the 1600s, the militias were often armed by the British government itself, since militia were cheaper to maintain than standing armies.

And, no, it was not a war for independence in the year 1775- the colonists saw themselves as aggrieved British subjects being treated unfairly by their government in Britain. The colony of Massachusetts was now under military government, and the colonists wanted to go back to the way they had been: self-governing on a daily basis, left alone by their central government, and British. Independence was on few, if any, of the rebellious farmers' minds at Concord and Lexington. They just wanted fair treatment as any Englishman deserved.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:48:00 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

but you guys dont get bashed for just being American.....!

Dude, I've been to your country, London at least.  It's not as bad as Paris, but some folks treated me like I was an idiot because of where I was from.  Not seeking an apology and I wasn't even that upset at the time.

What you have to realize is that at this web site there is a significant number of people who are immune to reason.  Witness the F-22/F-18 thread active on the board.  Last year when our capital was evacuated due to an errant aircraft and I tried to clear up the chain of events at an UNCLAS level several people told me that I didn't know what I was talking about even though I was monitoring the NORAD conference.  Look up the .9bar thread.  You have to get over it, ignore the dumb asses and contribute meaningful posts.  The people who are worth a damn appreciate it.  If the idiots make it more trouble than it's worth move on - it's an understandable desire.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:50:06 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
1. Death
2. Taxes

The War of 1812 was a needless war, which brought America nothing. America declared war on Britain while Britain stood with their backs to the wall against Napoleon. It was regarded by the British as the ultimate, most pointless stab in the back by the USA, and in the end, the USA got nothing out of the war.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:50:15 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

but you guys dont get bashed for just being American.....!

Dude, I've been to your country, London at least.  It's not as bad as Paris, but some folks treated me like I was an idiot because of where I was from.  Not seeking an apology and I wasn't even that upset at the time.

What you have to realize is that at this web site there is a significant number of people who are immune to reason.  Witness the F-22/F-18 thread active on the board.  Last year when our capital was evacuated due to an errant aircraft and I tried to clear up the chain of events at an UNCLAS level several people told me that I didn't know what I was talking about even though I was monitoring the NORAD conference.  Look up the .9bar thread.  You have to get over it, ignore the dumb asses and contribute meaningful posts.  The people who are worth a damn appreciate it.  If the idiots make it more trouble than it's worth move on - it's an understandable desire.

i hear you mate but desire has to be quenched....!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:52:50 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
1. Death
2. Taxes

The War of 1812 was a needless war, which brought America nothing. America declared war on Britain while Britain stood with their backs to the wall against Napoleon. It was regarded by the British as the ultimate, most pointless stab in the back by the USA, and in the end, the USA got nothing out of the war.

WHEN.....ahhhem

this is 2006 get with the programme.
Lend/lease was my previous generations agreement not mine.
I'm not responsible for returning these leased weapons.

We do not stab you in the back......we stab "them" in the front.."together"....

Taffy
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:54:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Wait a  minute- Vito LEFT??? WTF???

Damn- what happened?

This sucks.....
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:56:21 PM EDT
[#44]
For Mike

My Grandfathers pic

Allah Ackbar

Taffy
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:56:52 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Wait a  minute- Vito LEFT??? WTF???

Damn- what happened?

This sucks.....

yea tell me about it...!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:59:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Actually, I'm a Brit fan, myself.

Being a bit of a sci-fi fan as well, I grew up on Doctor Who and Red Dwarf and the like... and I wind up on BBC America a lot of the time when I'm surfing the channels.

A fair number of people who have been influential in my life have come from Great Britain, and I'm told that most of my ancestry lived in the Isles at one point or another.  (And I have to say, a British accent on a young lady is dead sexy)

In my 20th Century history, I've always thought that the US' and UK's special relationship and alliance was probably unique among human endeavors.

I get frustrated with the bad law, and all the tribulations that you guys go through, just as much as I do with my own country.  But, I also know that most UK'ians are good folks, just as much as most US'ians.  :)

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:59:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:00:54 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Actually, I'm a Brit fan, myself.

Being a bit of a sci-fi fan as well, I grew up on Doctor Who and Red Dwarf and the like... and I wind up on BBC America a lot of the time when I'm surfing the channels.

A fair number of people who have been influential in my life have come from Great Britain, and I'm told that most of my ancestry lived in the Isles at one point or another.  (And I have to say, a British accent on a young lady is dead sexy)

In my 20th Century history, I've always thought that the US' and UK's special relationship and alliance was probably unique among human endeavors.

I get frustrated with the bad law, and all the tribulations that you guys go through, just as much as I do with my own country.  But, I also know that most UK'ians are good folks, just as much as most US'ians.  :)

so give me your truth....

blakes 7.............?...who were they?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:02:20 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I have no idea what any of this is about but I do recall many fond posts regarding the U.K. when the current war started and you folks were/are our first/best ally in the fight.  As I've posted many times--God bless the Brits!  

Hey- some of us are even married to Brits.....
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:02:37 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
For Mike

My Grandfathers pic

Allah Ackbar

www.hunt101.com/img/384215.jpg

Taffy

Appears to be a nice Spit in the background.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top