BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:56:30 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I've never even taken unemployment, I'd rather pick up garbage then collect something for nothing.

+1. I just won't take something for nothing, no matter what they say to justify it. The last time I was unemployed, I quit my job (with my manager offering me more money to stay) so that I could look for a better one. I lived on money I saved - yes, you can save money, even when you're making just above minimum wage.

Will you take money from your car insurance company if your car is damaged in an accident?  What if you have only payed this company $500 in premiums but your damage is $2000 ??
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:57:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Dude, you are my hero.  I've wanted to say what you said to these "victims" many times.  Around here I see a lot of young unmarried mothers who are using their food debit cards.  I wish they would have given their children up for adoption.

What ever happened to pride and personal responsibility?  I can't understand how the government gives people these entitlements simply for being alive.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:03:10 PM EDT
[#3]

I just won't take something for nothing, no matter what they say to justify it. The last time I was unemployed, I quit my job (with my manager offering me more money to stay) so that I could look for a better one. I lived on money I saved - yes, you can save money, even when you're making just above minimum wage.

You dont get unemployment for quitting a job. Its not welfare. You cannot collect unless you have worked so many quarters in the previous 3 years. But hey thanks for judging me a drag on society.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:04:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The reason for the change from food stamps to the cards. Wasnt dignity it was accountability
The crackheads would sell their stamps for 50 cents on the dollar, Not bad for a family wanting to save with their 50 % off stamps, even better for the Mini marts that would buy them then stock there shelves with the proceeds. Not to mention if you owned a business, redeemed stamps had cash value. How about making 100% on your investment in an hour.

As far as unemployment goes. Ive been unemployed for 3 weeks now. Loos like im going to ahve to take a 6000 a year pay cut if I want to work. Comes out to 60 bucks a week more than im getting on unemployment

The worst thing the Govt ever did with welfare is take away the humiliation that used to go with it. It was a powerful incentive to do better. Now.........it's just another incentive to do jack. I've never even taken unemployment, I'd rather pick up garbage then collect something for nothing.

Well Yippie kye yay  for you
img356.imageshack.us/img356/4820/layoffletter26uf.jpg</a>

No, I'd rather pound the pavement and be a bit hungry then sit at home knowing a check is coming in whether or not I look for work. I personally wish that "unemployment" was set aside in a persons account and if they were laid off it was theirs and theirs alone. Work 20 years and get unemployed=nice check that one could roll over into retirement if it was not used. Work 6 months and get laid off=small ckeck and if it is a common occurance none left to roll over. Something like medical savings accounts. Company could not touch it. It would work and create an incentive to stay working.

And yippie Kiy Yay had nothing to do with me finding a job, I took one cleaning buildings at a temp service after I got out of the service. Not what I wanted to do but it was work. Got me in the door and hired at the same company I was temping for.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:08:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I've never even taken unemployment, I'd rather pick up garbage then collect something for nothing.

+1. I just won't take something for nothing, no matter what they say to justify it. The last time I was unemployed, I quit my job (with my manager offering me more money to stay) so that I could look for a better one. I lived on money I saved - yes, you can save money, even when you're making just above minimum wage.

Will you take money from your car insurance company if your car is damaged in an accident?  What if you have only payed this company $500 in premiums but your damage is $2000 ??

There are ALWAYS jobs out there, ALWAYS. They just might not be what you want to do and they don't pay what you think they should. Gotta start somewhere.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:09:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
No, I'd rather pound the pavement and be a bit hungry then sit at home knowing a check is coming in whether or not I look for work. I personally wish that "unemployment" was set aside in a persons account and if they were laid off it was theirs and theirs alone. Work 20 years and get unemployed=nice check that one could roll over into retirement if it was not used. Work 6 months and get laid off=small ckeck and if it is a common occurance none left to roll over. Something like medical savings accounts. Company could not touch it. It would work and create an incentive to stay working.

And yippie Kiy Yay had nothing to do with me finding a job, I took one cleaning buildings at a temp service after I got out of the service. Not what I wanted to do but it was work. Got me in the door and hired at the same company I was temping for.

You have to look for a job while on unemployment, at least that's how it works here. You have to submit applications and provide the labor office with phone numbers of the companies you apply to so they can check.

*Unemployed since January when they just laid the entire staff off one morning with no warning of any kind*
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:09:55 PM EDT
[#7]
my buddy was working commerical properties doing painting for his uncle last summer (and probably this summer).  And some bum walks up to him asking for money.  He asks him why he should give him money.  Guy says "because my welfare is only 1200 a month."  To which my friend replies, "that's more than I make, you should give *me* money."  Guy walked off after that.....
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:11:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Ok so I make 15.35 an hour. I collect 327 in unemployment per week. Your saying I should jsut take all the job offers I get at 10-11 an hour to satisfy Your righteousness. Ok say I accept one of these offers. Do I then Quit when a job paying closer to my pay scale comes up? Am i a job hopper then? What will it do to my credit? You dont think a person can be motivated to do something without the incentive of losing everything?

Your idea is like wanting a hand gun but buying a Hi point until you can afford a kimber

Check out the date of the letter and the effective date of unemployment
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:11:21 PM EDT
[#9]
You go girl!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:29:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Ok so I make 15.35 an hour. I collect 327 in unemployment per week. Your saying I should jsut take all the job offers I get at 10-11 an hour to satisfy Your righteousness. Ok say I accept one of these offers. Do I then Quit when a job paying closer to my pay scale comes up? Am i a job hopper then? What will it do to my credit? You dont think a person can be motivated to do something without the incentive of losing everything?

Your idea is like wanting a hand gun but buying a Hi point until you can afford a kimber

Check out the date of the letter and the effective date of unemployment
img356.imageshack.us/img356/4820/layoffletter26uf.jpg

LOL, It totally blows donkey dick doesn't it?

I was let go like that not once but twice in as many years.

Sorry dude, company is hitting hard times.....oh that's right, you are the last guy we hired.......  

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:36:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I wasnt the last guy they hired. I actually weathered 4 of these layoffs in the last year. Guess it was my turn to go. They are hiring though. Thru a temp service.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:49:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

...instead of taking the garbage off, she took off the noodles and minute rice instead of the junk food!!

Good, let her poison herself.  The sooner she dies the better the world will be.  Her kids I feel for, but they are lost already and that is the tragedy.

Nah, she won't die, she'll just get diabetes from eating nothing but junk and of course Uncle Sugar's gotta foot the bill (with your money).

I say, cut Medicaire, Medicaid, and all that shit. If you can't pay for medical treatment, you're not worth enough for society to keep your ass alive.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:55:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Nah, she won't die, she'll just get diabetes from eating nothing but junk and of course Uncle Sugar's gotta foot the bill (with your money).

I say, cut Medicaire, Medicaid, and all that shit. If you can't pay for medical treatment, you're not worth enough for society to keep your ass alive.

People that vote like grandma and grandpa aint going to like that, and neither will the health care industry or pharmaceutical companys and they donate big time to politicians
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:10:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
A food stamp should be a stamp.
Not a card.

I'm thinking commodities, for the certified needy.  Or maybe a public cafeteria for mass feeding, where R. Lee Ermey clones come out during the meal and motivate the slackers to get in shape and get a job.

"You slimey scumbag!  How the hell does somebody get so fat on food stamps?  Get out of my cafeteria, maggot!"

I eat chicken quarters because they're $0.29 a pound.   After eating them all my adult life I have figured out a few  ways to cook them tastily and I've grown to like them.  It boggles my mind that welfare mutants buy boneless, skinless chicken breasts.  I think that's a symptom of the disease, bad choices land you in bad situations.

"You're telling me you got fired from your minimum wage job because you didn't feel like showing up on time?  You piece of amphibian shit, get on your face and give me 25..."

But really, from what I've seen of the chronic underclass, most of them you could light on fire and they wouldn't change their ways

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:23:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted: I personally wish that "unemployment" was set aside in a persons account and if they were laid off it was theirs and theirs alone. Work 20 years and get unemployed=nice check that one could roll over into retirement if it was not used. Work 6 months and get laid off=small ckeck and if it is a common occurance none left to roll over.  

Democrats/Liberals/New Society types earestly believe that if the "average man" isn't forced to pay for his own unemployment insurance, he'll take the money and spend it on beer and cigarettes, or bake it into a pie, or something irresponsible.  See also: early withdrawal penalties on retirement funds and the Social Security income reallocation scheme.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:32:04 PM EDT
[#16]
I need to take a vacation from Arfcom.  Between your post, and the Amnesty thread, I'm about to have an aneurism.    
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:12:02 PM EDT
[#17]
This was a couple of years back , I remember hearing about it one one of the talk radio shows...
Someone had calculated what the equivalent salary would be for a single mother with one child living in Washington DC would be....
When they totaled up all the services provided by YOU (free housing, free medical/dental, WIC, AFDC, free transportation, etc, etc. ....and all the other extraneous amenities(cable, phone,etc) , the total came to approximately $56,000.

$56K is pretty damn good pay considering your greatest dilemma would be whether to open the Cool Ranch or the Regular Doritoes during Oprah.

Kill Two Birds with One Stone>>>EBT Card renewal should be directly proportional to the no# of heads of lettuce picked or the poundage of turnips harvested.

And No one receiving govt handout assistance should be allowed to vote. Once you're off the govt tit...your voting rights will be renewed.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:28:15 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
sigh, when will all of you realize it's all part of the plan...your (my) country is gone. you won't get it back because you (we/me) are to cowardly to make the first move, we bitch on the internet, confide in "safe" friends, and maybe, some of us write a pittiful letter to the secretary of some congressman of whom will never read it or care if he did read it.

this country is over, it is now something completely different than it was 20 years ago. much less 200 years ago.

Totally agree, sadly enough
It's over
we lost
We can proabably hide for 5 to 15 years, but it's over.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:09:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Heres a good story...one I witnessed...

I am at Wegmans (local Grocery store) and this scumbag white trash fuck in front of reaking of beer and cigs is purchasing a large quantity of meat...$60.00 worth. I'm thinking "ohh, must be time for the white trash BBQ..."

So when the checker is done ringing it up...the scumbag pulls out his benefits card to pay for it. Now I'm pissed, he's buying $60 worth of meat for a BBQ on me! It gets better.

He doesn't have enough on his card to pay for it, so he whips out another card! These cards have pictures on them to make sure you are using your card. It is illegal to use another persons card to pay....he says  "Oh, my wifes card should have enough on it" The checker just lets him do it! He walks away with his $60 of meat after using two different benefits cards to pay for it...

It gets better still. They charged me wrong on a six pack I am buying, so I go to customer service. There is a scummy bitch standing there with a familiar looking package of meat. She is talking to the customer service person, telling her she wants to return the meat, person says sure, do you have your receipt? Yep...pulls out receipt..."oh, my dog got a hold of it and ripped it" Of course the portion that showed how it was paid for and such was torn off. The CS person asks how did you pay....the bitch says CASH!

So she gets $60 cash, and walks away....I was so shocked, I didn't say anything while the bitch was there, but when I got up there I asked about it....I had them call over the loss prevention guy and manager and I explained what happened...they compare the receipt with mine, which showed that indeed it was purchased right before mine...they said its a typical scam, but there isn't much to do about it....

I say all thease welfare cheats should be caught and exterminated like the scum they are. I am sick of my tax dollars going to these fucking lowlife scum who shouldn't be using our air....

My buddy works for Tops (another local chain) repairing registers, scales, and computer stuff...he sees shit all the time! Fuckers paying for food with scumbag cards, and then getting into pimped out Escalades...WTF!

It pisses me off to no end....
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:33:11 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Its the ones who get their food then go over and buy a carton of cigarettes that piss me off most. That's however much they cost that could have been spent on the kids.

Long long ago I worked in a grocery store. We took food stamps. I cannot tell you how many people I saw using food stamps who would then go nextdoor to the ABC store and buy lots of liquor.

That was when young JW777's sense of Christian charity started to have the shine knocked off....

my experence also

and those fucking WIC checks  Grrr.....

It always used to amuse me that many WIC recipients don't seem to read the booklet listing the products they're allowed to buy with their WIC check. They'll stand and argue with the cashier about it to no avail, then leave pissed.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:36:58 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

It gets better still. They charged me wrong on a six pack I am buying, so I go to customer service. There is a scummy bitch standing there with a familiar looking package of meat. She is talking to the customer service person, telling her she wants to return the meat, person says sure, do you have your receipt? Yep...pulls out receipt..."oh, my dog got a hold of it and ripped it" Of course the portion that showed how it was paid for and such was torn off. The CS person asks how did you pay....the bitch says CASH!

So she gets $60 cash, and walks away....I was so shocked, I didn't say anything while the bitch was there, but when I got up there I asked about it....I had them call over the loss prevention guy and manager and I explained what happened...they compare the receipt with mine, which showed that indeed it was purchased right before mine...they said its a typical scam, but there isn't much to do about it....

And of course they can't restock perishable products so the store takes a loss, which eventually gets passed along to the customer.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:48:48 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And of course they can't restock perishable products so the store takes a loss, which eventually gets passed along to the customer.

You've probably seen all sorts of good stuff too, huh?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:59:29 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You've probably seen all sorts of good stuff too, huh?

Unfortunately.

Working with the public sure makes you look at people differently.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:05:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Burned out former social worker here.

There are no words in the English language to express my utter hatred for these parasites.

They are suitable only to be ground up as fertilizer.  That is the only useful purpose they could ever serve.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:21:26 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
you should have grabbed something from her cart and started to eat it.  when she pitched a fit, you could just tell her that you were taking back some of YOUR money

I'd love to see that.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:11:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:03:38 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Yup. Pisses me off to no end every time I see it.

My dumbass aunt was doing that for years before we got custody of her daughter. We've had years to turn her around and make her into a decent human being; we've largely succeeded but she still has no ambitions whatsoever and is one of the more self-centered human beings I've ever met.

Stop feeding her.  Eventually, she get hungry and work.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:07:50 PM EDT
[#28]
"he that don't work, shall not eat"
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:11:06 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
The worst thing the Govt ever did with welfare is take away the humiliation that used to go with it. It was a powerful incentive to do better. Now.........it's just another incentive to do jack. I've never even taken unemployment, I'd rather pick up garbage then collect something for nothing.

I got news for you you pay for that unemployment insurance.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:38:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:22:44 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I got news for you you pay for that unemployment insurance.

Nope, I pay for it.  I have been paying unemployment insurance for 25 years now and have never collected a cent of it and don't ever expect to.  All us folks who insist on working no matter what, who take $21k jobs when we are worth $61k, we subsidize those who collect it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:26:26 PM EDT
[#32]
I work with a Little Debbie distributor. And let me tell you, the week of the first is by far our biggest selling week.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:34:08 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
A food stamp should be a stamp.
Not a card.

Clearly you don't understand this situation. Those debit cards were a great idea. Much better than "stamps."
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:36:19 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I work with a Little Debbie distributor. And let me tell you, the week of the first is by far our biggest selling week.

somehow that does not surprise me...
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:38:27 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

That's just sad.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:40:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Good for you TJ!  I've actually never seen anyone using welfare stuff.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:40:29 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
She finally rings up a total in line with her "credit" on the card. They bag her crap and she drags her kids out of the way so they can ring me up. She walked over to the lottery ticket machine and stuck a twenty in there and got a bunch of tickets!!!!!

God bless the USA!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:40:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Used to work as a sacker for a grocery store in highschool.  My favorite scam was the "live in girlfriend" routine.  Single mother would collect her WIC because she was poor.  But she would have a nice, well-off boyfriend whom she would live with.  The worst case was a lady who was very well dressed and had plenty of jewelry on.  If you had to guess, you'd say she was a doctor or lawyer, or the wife of same.  So I sack her groceries and what does she pay with?  WIC.  I take the groceries out to the car and its a nice, new large SUV.  Bitch.

In the three summers I worked at the grocery store I saw ONE family on WIC that was a decent.  This nice, humble lady and her mother, after buying real staples like formula and milk with their WIC, literally apologized to me as I carried out their groceries, and explained how they felt bad having to take money like this, but that they didn't know how else to make ends meet.  I hadn't said anything to them, so this was completely out of the blue.  They were the only people I felt that really deserved the assistance they were getting.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:47:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Oxygen Theivs
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:53:53 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Oxygen Theivs

I prefer Tanigwa myself
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:57:39 PM EDT
[#41]
I say FAREWELL to WELFARE !!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:36:19 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Its the ones who get their food then go over and buy a carton of cigarettes that piss me off most. That's however much they cost that could have been spent on the kids.

Long long ago I worked in a grocery store. We took food stamps. I cannot tell you how many people I saw using food stamps who would then go nextdoor to the ABC store and buy lots of liquor.

That was when young JW777's sense of Christian charity started to have the shine knocked off....

my experence also

and those fucking WIC checks  Grrr.....

It always used to amuse me that many WIC recipients don't seem to read the booklet listing the products they're allowed to buy with their WIC check. They'll stand and argue with the cashier about it to no avail, then leave pissed.

atleast WIC puts limits and what these leeches can buy.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:19:01 PM EDT
[#43]
or how about this standing behind the EBT payer and as we both exit they load their goods into a vehicle thats NEWER than mine
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:49:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Just so you guys know.  Not all these people are out to make a life of welfare.  I'm so embarrassed just the swipe that card.  I refuse to buy Little Debbie's with it.  I use coupons and buy store brands.  Just like I did before.  The only thing I splurge on now is fresh fruit and veggies.  And my kids and I get to drink alot more milk.  No, I'm not exactly looking for a regular job.  I'm going to school so I can support myself and my kids.  I do take side jobs when I can.  I really don't see how some of these people get by on government assistance.  In my state they do all they can to keep you from frauding the government.  I have to take classes even to keep my aid, or I lose my benifits.  And, the job they offered me, milking flipping dairy cows.  I've written insurance policys, managed grocery stores, managed apartment buildings, and all they can come up with is milking damn cows?  I'll pay the sitter more than that just to work!  I don't have a car of my own.  I don't have cable.  I do have the internet, because I need it for school and my career.  I'm not staying on assistance the whole time I'm in school.  It's just for right now while I get things straightened out.  And butthead starts paying some child support.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:55:08 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Just so you guys know.  Not all these people are out to make a life of welfare.  I'm so embarrassed just the swipe that card.  I refuse to buy Little Debbie's with it.  I use coupons and buy store brands.  Just like I did before.  The only thing I splurge on now is fresh fruit and veggies.  And my kids and I get to drink alot more milk.  No, I'm not exactly looking for a regular job.  I'm going to school so I can support myself and my kids.  I do take side jobs when I can.  I really don't see how some of these people get by on government assistance.  In my state they do all they can to keep you from frauding the government.  I have to take classes even to keep my aid, or I lose my benifits.  And, the job they offered me, milking flipping dairy cows.  I've written insurance policys, managed grocery stores, managed apartment buildings, and all they can come up with is milking damn cows?  I'll pay the sitter more than that just to work!  I don't have a car of my own.  I don't have cable.  I do have the internet, because I need it for school and my career.  I'm not staying on assistance the whole time I'm in school.  It's just for right now while I get things straightened out.  And butthead starts paying some child support.  

What are you studying in school, out of curiosity?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:57:48 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

\
Meteorology  
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:00:07 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

\
Meteorology  

You're going to be on welfare for a loooooong time.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:04:39 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

\
Meteorology  

You're going to be on welfare for a loooooong time.

Not really.  I've been studying on my own for a long time.  Now I just need the silly paper to go with it.   I'm aiming for forecasting or research.  None of that Tv, BS.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:21:17 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted: She finally rings up a total in line with her "credit" on the card. They bag her crap and she drags her kids out of the way so they can ring me up. She walked over to the lottery ticket machine and stuck a twenty in there and got a bunch of tickets!!!!!

I told her "it must be nice to get free food and then spend money on lottery tickets" She just shrugged her shoulders and walked off with her future brood of welfarians and gangstas!!

Were you waiting in line at the commissary? That sounds like one of those dead-end women who get themselves pregnant with a GI, just to get benefits for their other kids, from different men, that they never married because welfare checks are coming up short.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:45:44 AM EDT
[#50]
+1
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top