Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 4:24:15 AM EDT
I went out for a few drinks with a long time friend. He's a good guy but has been anti-gun since I've known him. He's from England so I write it off to being brainwashed as a child over there.

We've avoided talking about politics sans my "We threw your tea in the water and then proceeded to kick your ass comments". That was until last night. He is vehemently convinved this administration is the worst ever and Bush lied. He refuses to acknowledge that nearly all the prominenet Democrats either called for Saddam's overthrow or indicated he has WMD.

There have been seveeral threads in the past with links to these comments including Bill Clinton's speach.

Does anyone have the links?

Many many thanks.....I need to stuff this guy.

Bomber
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:29:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Time for new friends.    
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:30:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Just because he is a long time friend it doesn't mean who have to hang out with him.  Honestly, you are under no obligation to spend time with ignorant, irritating people.  The only exceptions are spouses and children.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:35:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Just because he is a long time friend it doesn't mean who have to hang out with him.  Honestly, you are under no obligation to spend time with ignorant, irritating people.  The only exceptions are spouses and children.  

+1

I enjoy a good discussion with varying viewpoints as long as the discussion revolves around differences of opinions based on FACTS, not "feelings".

Life is too damned short to deal with people that run strictly on emotion.  Unless you've got a HUGE investment in this person (or are a masochist) then I'd move on to more productive use of your time.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:05:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I appreciate the sentiment so far but we've been great friends for 11 years. We've seen each other's children growing up. He was the best man at my wedding. This is America and he is entitled to his opinion. You're right that the discussion was based on emotion but that was due to a lack of facts. I think when presented with facts, he will soften his emotional response.

That is where I'm looking for help. Gettting facts from reliable sources.

thanks again.

Bomber
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top