Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2001 6:00:50 PM EDT
I just fired up my Cajun Cooker and reminded myself once again that no one, I mean [i]NO ONE[/i], makes chicken wings like I do!

However, in the spirit of fairness and decency I will give everyone else the chance to post [i][b]their[/b][/i] favorite method of preparing the Exalted Wing. (For unbelievers, surely there is a God, as chickens were created with wings to be fried and consumed in large portions!)

I'll even go so far as to post my until now closely guarded recipe, so that you, too, may achieve mystical status as a true guru of chicken wing preparation. Your friends will be amazed!

Simple is better:

Take chicken wings, cut at the joints, discard the tips.

Take a bowl of white flour, season with salt and pepper.

Dry wings, toss with flour, then fry in hot oil 'til they float.

The secret is the sauce:

Mix hot sauce {like Crystal or Louisiana brand)
with melted butter or margarine. I add [i][b]LOTS[/b][/i] of chopped garlic. Use a 2:1 Butter hot sauce ratio for mild, 1:1 for medium, 1:2 for hot.

Enjoy with large quantity of your favorite beverage and the company of good friends.

Any takers to the challenge?

Who's wings are best?
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 6:04:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 6:07:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Still, up here near the home of the chicken wing, you would have some SICK competition!!!

]=)-- GB
View Quote

And down here, with the Carribean's love for curried goat, you'd be an endagered species!

Check six!!! Their gaining on you...
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 6:09:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Cat`s not good?.....they call it somethin` else, but I`m pretty sure we eat it every couple months from FAR EAST on the corner.....[puke]
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 6:11:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually, it might be gray squirell or rat...just so hard to tell...(all tastes the same to me)..........[:)].........."tastes like chicken"
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 6:21:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 6:22:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Chicken wings, like lobster, always sounded like too much fuss over too little food.
View Quote

Hence the specification for "Large Quantities."

Go find GoatBoy, he's ordering right now.
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 6:26:07 PM EDT
[#7]
FRANK`S original recipe....sauce....mix with butter.........just right.....[:)]
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 6:53:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Insure "Hot Sauce" is Louisiana brand. "Cajun Chef" is down road 3 miles from me. "Tabasco"
is 5 miles from me.

Insure chicken is dead before cutting wing tips off.

Do not use "Road Kill" chickens as it is considered an insult to the guests unless found within 12 hours of it's demise on the shoulder.
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 7:15:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 4:09:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Insure chicken is dead before cutting wing tips off.
View Quote

So, is that why I have been having trouble keeping them in the fryer?
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 4:27:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Unless you are a real girly-man, you use Daves Insanity sauce in place of sissy-tabassco sauce.

Your tastebuds *will* grow back after a couple of months.
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 12:52:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quart bottle of Texas Pete. pour in sauce pan. Add 1lb box of brown sugar. simmer on low heat. Add black pepper in quantity you desire to kick up the heat. Use on wings. The remainder will fit back in the bottle for next time. This is the best sauce I have ever had.
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 1:31:40 PM EDT
[#13]
OK guys,

Now I need sources for Dave's Insanity and Texas Pete.

Iv'e seen Dave's when on the road, but can't remeber where.

Teaxas Pete might be found in, umm, Texas?
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 2:40:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Cerberus, Texas Pete is in most grocery stores with the hot sauce. You got me ready for wings tonight. I just got back from the store. I'll use your recipe & my sauce. Should be a real winning combo.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/18/2001 3:55:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey cerberus, tis for you.http://www.davesgourmet.com/

Good s**t man.[}:D]

[img]
http://www.davesgourmet.com/smallimages/Insanityreserve.jpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top