Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2006 5:52:14 PM EDT
Is she some ex-celebrity or something?  As a non-TV watcher, I need to be educated:  I have seen this fucking story all over the news the last few days, and I can't help but wonder why the fuck we are supposed to car that some bitch might be getting a job at CBS.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:53:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, she does have nice legs.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:55:28 PM EDT
[#2]
The world doesn't--but the media does.   And since they decide what's news, and they care about what happens to Katie, then obviously you should too.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:00:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, it's like BFD. Who cares?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:17:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't care.  You don't care.  But there's millions of people out there who have been watching "cute, perky Katie" on Good Morning America or whatever show she's on for years and years, and they all care.  She's probably the most famous female journalist out there right now.  (And yes, I use the term "journalist" loosely)
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:19:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Dont you know!   Its Katie Couric....Duh  
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:20:03 PM EDT
[#6]
we like guns the others out there like their celebs
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:21:12 PM EDT
[#7]
She is a liberal media skank..........she will fit in perfectly.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:26:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I love how Drudge was doing a take-off on Mary Tyler Moore for Couric.  Of course Couric would have to have a personality transplant to even approach the charm of Mary Tyler Moore.  She's a good choice over Madelyn Albright or bringing back Walter Cronkite though.  Somewhere Dan Rather is sitting around with a big smirk on his face.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:27:41 PM EDT
[#9]
um, i dont care
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:39:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Believe it or not, she is the highest paid 'News' journalist in the USA...  Everytime she gets a contract boost in pay, it seems she is on vacation more and more.  I turn 'Today' on occasionally while getting ready for work, and the last couple times, 'Katie is on vacation'
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:39:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
um, i dont care

+1
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:42:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Whatever she is, there's one thing that's for sure.
She has a textbook case of FAS face...

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:42:31 PM EDT
[#13]
"I'm richer than shit, and you're not."

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:45:14 PM EDT
[#14]
CBS News used to be relevant.

They were the elephant of news shows.  They were the news show.  They had Walter Cronkite.

However, with the advent of cable news, the demise of network news has been written.  As usual, the media is a bit behind the power curve.  I hope Katie goes there.  It's a sinking ship.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:23:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Another major event in the slow death of the mainstream media.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:32:17 PM EDT
[#16]
They're probably paying her some un-godly sum of money too.

Look what they have in France.  We're getting ripped off.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:35:51 PM EDT
[#17]
It's a huge promtion across company lines.  CBS is going with the Perky One over their junior news guys. Plus she's the first female network news honcho.  So this is huge if you're Katie Couric, and if you're one of the guys passed over in favor of her.  Otherwise?  Yeah,  BFD.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:37:42 PM EDT
[#18]
The world does not care and I could not possibly care less.
The media thinks we care and also think that it is important that we know where she is leaving and where she is going.

There is so much non news on the news these days it is rediculas.

I could not give a fuck if.......................

Ben and Jen broke up or

Jessica and Nick divorced or

this person is dating that person who broke up with that person because he cheated on her with her and she saw him holding hands with her after she was caught cheating with him who got another girl pregnant right after she broke up with him........................

And I heard someone saw XXX fucking a sheep behind the barn and there may be video on extra or inside edition or access holiwood or intertaiment tonight!  Stay tuned for more.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:40:54 PM EDT
[#19]
OMG, Katie Couric's not gonna do NBC morning news anymore

Not that I watch, but she's one of my favorite TV news people (her and the Mexican weather chicks on Telemundo)
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:48:17 PM EDT
[#20]
This country is no longer about what is going on in REAL WORLD EVENTS.  

We are so deeply immersed in pop culture that not many give a crap anymore.  

The apathy stage of the empirical cycle.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:48:43 PM EDT
[#21]
good to see her go,might be entertaining to watch her crash and burn.
I can watch the rest of the nbc crew,but KC is just so much of a PITA to watch with the way she has a persomal agenda about every story she is trying to read
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:50:13 PM EDT
[#22]
That French lass is easy on the eyes.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:41:43 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
That French lass is easy on the eyes.  

There was some poll that voted her the hottest woman on earth.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:48:11 AM EDT
[#24]
I think it is great she is going to CBS.  No one watches network news any more and after a few nights people are going to see that it doesn't matter who is spewing the liberal drivel, it is still borring.  She will last a year and will quit due to extreme low ratings.  At the same time, the moms of the world have quit watching the Today Show because there is no Couric  and that show will bomb as well, because no one wants to sit through a show with Matt Lauer.........
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:51:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Old Katie got 50 million for 5 years from NBC.  CBS would probably pay her more.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:56:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:05:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Her gargantuan teeth and gums are the stuff of nightmares.  One time I saw her in the morning while visiting my parents...  I couldn't sleep for days.  I was afraid she would come eat me.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:21:07 AM EDT
[#28]
She looks like she might enjoy anal sex.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:46:32 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
She looks like she might enjoy anal sex.

They all do.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:09:36 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Is she some ex-celebrity or something?  

Media "personality".
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:13:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:17:52 AM EDT
[#32]
She certainly has the name recognition for the job, but... her popularity is based, in large part, upon women viewers (soccer moms and girly men) who like to get caught up in the emotional spin of her stories.   I wonder how her popularity will be impacted by reporting "hard news"... if that is what she will actually be doing?  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:23:58 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Old Katie got 50 million for 5 years from NBC.  CBS would probably pay her more.

well, that certainly seems reasonable....

50 MILLION dollars to read shit off a teleprompter?????
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:36:23 AM EDT
[#34]
This should be interesting in a few years.  Katie is getting to the point where her looks are going to go entirely.  I don't think people are going to watch someone who looks like grandma read the news, so the ratings will likey go down - BUT, it will be a shitstorm if they try to fire her because all of these channels let the men keep going until the literally fall out of their chairs.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:39:14 AM EDT
[#35]
I bet she is pissed that Stern is making more money than her.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:39:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Couldn't care less about Cutie Katie Couric  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:39:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Who?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:50:10 AM EDT
[#38]
The only people who consider Katie relevant also consider Springer and Oprah relevant.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:50:26 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
..... I don't think people are going to watch someone who looks like grandma read the news, so the ratings will likey go down ......

Well, the ratings don't have too far to go.  
The CBS evening news only gets a .00000001 share.  That is only because an elderly woman named June Schuler from Billings, Montana has passed away in front of her television set.  In a few days, her body will be discovered, and the television will be turned off.  The CBS news will then have a 0 share.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:52:12 AM EDT
[#40]
She's going to CBS?

I don't even know what network she was on before...

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:55:03 AM EDT
[#41]
My Favorite Catie Courek quote " we just can all pray that saddam and his family are allright"
this is what this commie C-U-NEXT-TUESDAY said when the bombing started in operation Iraqi Freedom - live on the air --- ,    the head of CBS should have got someone more fair & ballanced , like James Carville to take over for a bullshit artist like Dan Rather
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:55:20 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
This should be interesting in a few years.  Katie is getting to the point where her looks are going to go entirely.  I don't think people are going to watch someone who looks like grandma read the news, so the ratings will likey go down - BUT, it will be a shitstorm if they try to fire her because all of these channels let the men keep going until the literally fall out of their chairs.

They'll move her into "special assignments". Look at Barbara Walters, Diane Sawyer, etc.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:37:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Katie who?

And what's CBS?  Isn't that some kind of venerial disease?

-K
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:39:44 AM EDT
[#44]
These things happen!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:40:24 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They'll move her into "special assignments". Look at Barbara Walters, Diane Sawyer, etc.

Which is hard to do when she's the head anchor.  No doubt they'll try, but its going to be a shitstorm.  I can't wait for the feminazi protests outside CBS.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top