Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2006 11:15:29 AM EDT
So I find this movie called Ripley's game. turns out it is a remake, but anyway, has John Malkovich in it playing Ripley, who turns out is a hitman.
Anyway. His neighbor has a terminal cancer. One that lets you seem all normal, but will drop you dead eventually. Doesn't make a whole lot, but gets by.
He passes his next job onto him without him knowing what is going on.
Makes you wonder, if you had a wife and kid, no money in the bank, terminally ill, and someone offered you 50k for one day worth of work, you refuse, they come back and say okay make it 100k, would you do it?
The guy to be killed is a rival mob boss, so no loss to the world.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:28:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd propably do it for the family in this hypothetical situation.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:47:39 AM EDT
[#2]
As I watched the movie at first I thought the same thing. why not. It would be a nice thing to do for them, and they could be taken care of for a long time after I was gone.
But then I realized I hadn't considered any after life type things.
He makes it right at the end of the movie for the people that believe in that sort of thing. I was surprised they did it, considering they never even talk about it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top